Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 23, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #14,356 of 33,689
The ear hooks on the M200 are OK as they are memory and you can bend them where and how you like. The hardest thing is fitting tips on those huuuuuge nozzles.

You can bend them for sure but they do not stay in that exact position for a long time, max few minutes and fitting those nozzles are a bit hard thing, but as soon as you cut hooks fitting becomes so much easier, in reality it is very easy after that and nozzles are no issue anymore

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #14,357 of 33,689
I really don't see how removing the hooks helps with fitting tips more than bending the hooks out of the way.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #14,358 of 33,689
Really, Don't buy/support and encourage that Tiandirenhe model. A little too far with the FXZ copying including a stream tube...
HAFXZ.jpg

The KZ is nothing like the Campfire inside and mimics the housing straddling the line but we can readily argue never jumps across. This I think is on the other/wrong side of that line and too far where few can argue that it is okay.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #14,359 of 33,689
I hadn't seen that JVC model before but any difference in it and the Tiandirenhe model is certainly minimal and I have a feeling they'd have a hard time arguing a patent infringement case on the tube design. The good news for me is I have no intention of patronizing either of them as they are both butt ugly.

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #14,360 of 33,689
Really, Don't buy/support and encourage that Tiandirenhe model. A little too far with the FXZ copying including a stream tube...

The KZ is nothing like the Campfire inside and mimics the housing straddling the line but we can readily argue never jumps across. This I think is on the other/wrong side of that line and too far where few can argue that it is okay.

Some of us don't even know what FXZ (??? ) is and so it hadn't occurred to me at least to get it because it was a copycat of something else... thought it might be an interesting pickup...? :confused:

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #14,361 of 33,689
I do have a recommendation but it isnt really chi fi. That would be the Advanced-Sound Model 3. If im correct it has a very similar sound sig to Se215 and the dsp bluetooth module in there is extremely good. I've seen 1 before and the connectivity to bluetooth was seriously fast as hell.
Edit: Btw I don't own them sorry about that

as a first pass at solving my problem I bought the Advanced Model 3

I'm extremely impressed to be honest
Bluetooth works great and sounds really good, not tried wired to compare but I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.
Treble is a little sharp (for want of a better word) for my taste but that can be EQ'd.
Good isolation with the green foam tips that come as standard but I'll probably get some comply tips anyway.
Really good value and overall very happy - cheers.

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #14,362 of 33,689
as a first pass at solving my problem I bought the Advanced Model 3

I'm extremely impressed to be honest
Bluetooth works great and sounds really good, not tried wired to compare but I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.
Treble is a little sharp (for want of a better word) for my taste but that can be EQ'd.
Good isolation with the green foam tips that come as standard but I'll probably get some comply tips anyway.
Really good value and overall very happy - cheers.
Nice!! I might get one in the very distant future if I ever were to go bluetooth heh

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #14,363 of 33,689
Hey guys, any of you know where to find this very usefull EARTIPS????
P1240098.JPG

If find them very practical to tame treble peaks a little, and its less risky than taking out a nozzle mesh to insert foam in it and all other mods.
Hope Aliexpress got them but I don't even know how to name this eartips.

EDIT: problem solve. Just create these eartips by yourself.
P1240099.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #14,365 of 33,689
Jan 25, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #14,366 of 33,689
Just a brief review of the HiLisening HLS-S8. Quick summary: the earpieces themselves (build, comfort, sound) are great, everything else kinda sucks.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hilisening-hls-s8.22885/reviews

Based on your review I put them in my Amazon cart ($70). Thanks for the heads up on the cable. I'll use my DM5 cables and order the KZ MMCX cables ($15) when I put the order through.

Would you consider $85 ($70 + $15) as money well spent or are there better options at that price point?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #14,368 of 33,689
Based on your review I put them in my Amazon cart ($70). Thanks for the heads up on the cable. I'll use my DM5 cables and order the KZ MMCX cables ($15) when I put the order through.

Would you consider $85 ($70 + $15) as money well spent or are there better options at that price point?

70 is around what they should have cost in the first place imo, in their current state. Everything but the earpieces and filters are pretty much throwaway items. 85 with a proper cable and decent tips seems like a fair price to pay considering how well they compete sonically with other 100 USD earphones. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on them, but it feels like they put all their time into developing the earpieces and sound, then pulled from the parts bin for everything else. They have a very slap-dash feel to them.

Jan 25, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #14,369 of 33,689
Jan 25, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #14,370 of 33,689
70 is around what they should have cost in the first place imo, in their current state. Everything but the earpieces and filters are pretty much throwaway items. 85 with a proper cable and decent tips seems like a fair price to pay considering how well they compete sonically with other 100 USD earphones. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on them, but it feels like they put all their time into developing the earpieces and sound, then pulled from the parts bin for everything else. They have a very slap-dash feel to them.

HiLisening/Magaosi seems to make that mistake a lot, particularly with the cables.

They even re-released the K5 with an updated/upgraded cable because the original stock cable was so bad. They should have just released the K5 with the right cable from the get-go.

Oh well, the world will keep on spinning (unless you believe in the flat earth theory, in which the world doesn't spin at all)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back