Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 31, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #14,087 of 33,689
Dec 31, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #14,088 of 33,689
Dec 31, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #14,089 of 33,689
hey guys this is off topic but bear with me , kind of ; - )

kef direct has m200 in ears for 59.99$ and the deal ends today and for that amount of money that is a best gift you could get for yourself or some of your audiophile friend

flexible Secure Arm sucks big time and I could not get any proper seal with it and sound was horrible, but as soon as I threw them away it sounds gorgeous now, it can even compete with my noble audio sage

so do yourself a favor and get them

Happy New Year !!!

The M200 is the best sounding earphone with the worst ergonomics I've ever used. Well...either that or the TF10.

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #14,091 of 33,689
The M200 is the best sounding earphone with the worst ergonomics I've ever used.

Brainwavz R3 for me, beats the M200 hands on for the latter IMO.

Dec 31, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #14,092 of 33,689
Totally agree. The soundstage is amazing. But the fit is embarrassing.

I may be to only one who doesn't mind the fit. But I have always be different...rebellious...off kilter...strange...all right WEIRD!

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #14,093 of 33,689
Perhaps the Tronsmart is better....got the T2 and T4, T4 fit in a pocket and product quite impressive and loud sound, but I prefer the bigger T2, hes a very good friends of mine,especially for impressive BT reception that can go up to 20m without problem, wich no other BT stuffs give me. micro sd slot is kind of absurd, cause it sound less good than BT (should be opposite) and you cannot change folder so....anyway, this is pure toy or pratical ''sound okay'' speakers.

Imo Xiaomi's Mi speakers are excellent in the budget range - the older "Square Box" called BT speaker for a generally quite neutral sound, and the one called just Bluetooth Speaker for a heck of a deal with volume-dependent DSP (bass and warmth boost in lower settings, more neutral sound at high volume; unfortunately one cannot disable the DSP entirely to get a flat sound at every volume setting).

I read your review and was impress to find that you look like to still very enjoy your Ibasso DX90, because after 3 years hes still a big boy among DAP I think, proof is that lot of high end DAP still use the ES9018 dac. Can I know what other DAP you have and why you still love so much your DX90???

The players I personally own or got for review are (I'm not sure if that list is complete though):

• FiiO X3
  • Apple iPhone 4
  • Apple iPod Nano 6G
  • Apple iPod Nano 7G
  • Apple iPod Classic 7G
  • SanDisk Sansa Clip +
  • SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip
  • iBasso DX90
  • two cheap $1 china players
  • Echobox Audio Explorer
- - - - - - - - -
  • HiFiMan MegaMini
  • iBasso DX80
  • iBasso DX200
  • Cowon Plenue 2
  • Cowon Plenue J
  • Luxury & Precision L3
  • Luxury & Precision L3 Pro
  • Hidizs AP60
  • three or four AGPTek players

Why I love my DX90 is simple - it's a pretty much perfect DAP for me for the following reasons:
  • super low output impedance
  • good folder browser
  • basically hiss-free even with extremely sensitive in-ears, something that only very few DAPs with comparable other specs achieve
  • 256 step volume control with 0.5 dB scaling per step over the entire attenuation range
  • clean and flat sound output.

Jan 1, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #14,094 of 33,689
Well, I gave the nebula 2 a quick listen. Still have to do tip-rolling and play with it properly, but it's not bad at all. The package is quite satisfying - there is a pretty decent hard case, a bunch of silicone and foam tips, an airplane adapter and a 1/4 inch adapter. The build quality is extremely good, shells seem to be metal; the cable is great - a touch thin, but very smooth, light and pliable without any memory to it (actually, I haven't seen this good of a cable in quite a while). The plug is well relieved. The memory part of the cable is nicely finished and well made, although I'll probably try to remove it as the material seems to be a bit prone to transferring microphonics. The shells themselves are also extremely comfortable and provide a very good fit.

Sound-wise (again, without proper tip-rolling) the nebula 2 is slightly on the warm side of neutral and relatively balanced overall. The bass seems to be lacking some depth and not the tightest but nothing too big of a shortcoming. The mids are fairly coherent with good clarity but strangely not the most detailed. The treble is well extended with good amount of shimmer but lacking some sparkle and a touch thin. Soundstage-wise it is a bit above average, but not the most spacious out there.

I won't pass judgment this early. The nebula 2 has potential and as an overall package it has a lot of pros, especially the build and headset controls fully operational with both ios and android.
Well, for $45 it was a very good buy - at the full $150 MSRP I'm not that sure. It's one of the better hybrids I've heard and definitely better than the overhyped magaosi k3 pro, but in the $100-200 range there is a war raging.

Btw, I also ordered that new Versaudio Azalea, but apparently they still haven't started dispatching them, so I'm not expecting it soon - I'll just treat it as a crowdfunding and wait and see what will happen as it's been close to a month without any update on stock and shipping.
I have the neb
Well, I gave the nebula 2 a quick listen. Still have to do tip-rolling and play with it properly, but it's not bad at all. The package is quite satisfying - there is a pretty decent hard case, a bunch of silicone and foam tips, an airplane adapter and a 1/4 inch adapter. The build quality is extremely good, shells seem to be metal; the cable is great - a touch thin, but very smooth, light and pliable without any memory to it (actually, I haven't seen this good of a cable in quite a while). The plug is well relieved. The memory part of the cable is nicely finished and well made, although I'll probably try to remove it as the material seems to be a bit prone to transferring microphonics. The shells themselves are also extremely comfortable and provide a very good fit.

Sound-wise (again, without proper tip-rolling) the nebula 2 is slightly on the warm side of neutral and relatively balanced overall. The bass seems to be lacking some depth and not the tightest but nothing too big of a shortcoming. The mids are fairly coherent with good clarity but strangely not the most detailed. The treble is well extended with good amount of shimmer but lacking some sparkle and a touch thin. Soundstage-wise it is a bit above average, but not the most spacious out there.

I won't pass judgment this early. The nebula 2 has potential and as an overall package it has a lot of pros, especially the build and headset controls fully operational with both ios and android.
Well, for $45 it was a very good buy - at the full $150 MSRP I'm not that sure. It's one of the better hybrids I've heard and definitely better than the overhyped magaosi k3 pro, but in the $100-200 range there is a war raging.

Btw, I also ordered that new Versaudio Azalea, but apparently they still haven't started dispatching them, so I'm not expecting it soon - I'll just treat it as a crowdfunding and wait and see what will happen as it's been close to a month without any update on stock and shipping.

I have the nebula too. Wow means if I want to upgrade I need to be looking at $200 and above I'm.

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #14,095 of 33,689
Imo Xiaomi's Mi speakers are excellent in the budget range - the older "Square Box" called BT speaker for a generally quite neutral sound, and the one called just Bluetooth Speaker for a heck of a deal with volume-dependent DSP (bass and warmth boost in lower settings, more neutral sound at high volume; unfortunately one cannot disable the DSP entirely to get a flat sound at every volume setting).

The players I personally own or got for review are (I'm not sure if that list is complete though):

• FiiO X3
  • Apple iPhone 4
  • Apple iPod Nano 6G
  • Apple iPod Nano 7G
  • Apple iPod Classic 7G
  • SanDisk Sansa Clip +
  • SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip
  • iBasso DX90
  • two cheap $1 china players
  • Echobox Audio Explorer
- - - - - - - - -
  • HiFiMan MegaMini
  • iBasso DX80
  • iBasso DX200
  • Cowon Plenue 2
  • Cowon Plenue J
  • Luxury & Precision L3
  • Luxury & Precision L3 Pro
  • Hidizs AP60
  • three or four AGPTek players

Why I love my DX90 is simple - it's a pretty much perfect DAP for me for the following reasons:
  • super low output impedance
  • good folder browser
  • basically hiss-free even with extremely sensitive in-ears, something that only very few DAPs with comparable other specs achieve
  • 256 step volume control with 0.5 dB scaling per step over the entire attenuation range
  • clean and flat sound output.

Nice DAP collection! What firmware do you use with DX90? Did you feel it really change sound as other user pretend (as well as myself)?

Must admit Ibasso really disapointed me with the DX80....it really isn't an evolution after dx50-90 promise and a big unfortunate change in DAP ideology, as if they want to conform to other DAP style, wich is a big error, Ibasso was having unique product before and now with the disastrous DX80 I feel they lost the DX50-90 fan base they have and in some aspect betray them with a DAP that is the opposite of the other DX serie, DX80 is way too big and heavy, sound inferior to DX90 in every aspect, have a warmish bassy sound, is quite ugly like to severe looking, have a too big screen that is of no use (gain is better with a switch), clumsy UI, buton that can be press by error, and NO CHANGEABLE battery and not friendly casing for futur need to manualy change the battery if we need too=trashable DAP with low life span. For such a big DAP we can hope for big amping, but its just a little more powerfull than DX90. Seriously, its like if my girlfriend go to the bathroom for makeup and when I was certain she will came back more beautifull she came back with a big ugly beard, it can't be, it should not be. Hope they will create another courageous ultra practical DAP as the real DX DAP promise.

Jan 1, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #14,096 of 33,689
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...846-Around-With-MMCX/2142033_32833049133.html

Just got these, once I changed the tips they came alive, wonderful sounding, like a refined ZS6 (nice treble)

Can you give us a few more words ? Or, could you tell me if these share the Imaging, airyness and soundstage of Zs6 ? those are the qualities that makes me interested in them, but the treble keep me away from it. I heard a user say that these tianderenhe are almost basshead iem's, i like bass, but if you say that the trebe and soudstage on these are top notch it would be awesome.

TIP to the one's interested: The sheel only with a KZ mmcx cable reach 30$. the kz cable seems much mure interesting then the ones that came with the iem's

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/New-...-dfca-4e14-9f40-4b501930d543&rmStoreLevelAB=5

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #14,097 of 33,689
Can you give us a few more words ? Or, could you tell me if these share the Imaging, airyness and soundstage of Zs6 ? those are the qualities that makes me interested in them, but the treble keep me away from it. I heard a user say that these tianderenhe are almost basshead iem's, i like bass, but if you say that the trebe and soudstage on these are top notch it would be awesome.

TIP to the one's interested: The sheel only with a KZ mmcx cable reach 30$. the kz cable seems much mure interesting then the ones that came with the iem's

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/New-...-dfca-4e14-9f40-4b501930d543&rmStoreLevelAB=5

I have 2 of those KZ MMCX cables. They have been good cables so far (no complaints). Great price too.

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #14,098 of 33,689
The M200 is the best sounding earphone with the worst ergonomics I've ever used. Well...either that or the TF10.

yeap !

but since removing those stupid secure arms now it fits perfectly well !

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #14,099 of 33,689
Totally agree. The soundstage is amazing. But the fit is embarrassing.

as already said, remove those arms and fit will be great !

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #14,100 of 33,689
Nice DAP collection!

Thanks!
Out of my personally used DAPs though, the iPod Classic (no sorting by "Album Artist" unlike newer Apple devices), Clip + (rockbox'd, but but my rockbox'd Clip Zip does everything the + does as well, and has got the better FM tuner), cheap $1 ebay China DAPs (only bought them to review them just for fun) and Echobox Explorer (up for sale - never even opened the package since I don't have any need for it anymore after all of the pre-order delays) are not really in use anymore.

What firmware do you use with DX90? Did you feel it really change sound as other user pretend (as well as myself)?

I'm on the latest FW. Unless I have two DX90s with different FWs at the same time on hand and can do a volume-matched comparison, I don't give much about potential minor sound changes because of changing the firmware. Our auditive memory is easy to fool and the time it takes to change FWs is way too long for an objective comparison.

Must admit Ibasso really disapointed me with the DX80....it really isn't an evolution after dx50-90 promise and a big unfortunate change in DAP ideology, as if they want to conform to other DAP style, wich is a big error, Ibasso was having unique product before and now with the disastrous DX80 I feel they lost the DX50-90 fan base they have and in some aspect betray them with a DAP that is the opposite of the other DX serie, DX80 is way too big and heavy, sound inferior to DX90 in every aspect, have a warmish bassy sound, is quite ugly like to severe looking, have a too big screen that is of no use (gain is better with a switch), clumsy UI, buton that can be press by error, and NO CHANGEABLE battery and not friendly casing for futur need to manualy change the battery if we need too=trashable DAP with low life span. For such a big DAP we can hope for big amping, but its just a little more powerfull than DX90.

I agree that the DX90 is superior - but for me, it's mainly because of the DX80's strong hissing with sensitive IEMs and occasional low frequency thump when changing songs or pressing play/pause.
Other than that, I find it to be an improvement over the DX50 (that I ended selling within one to three hours after it arrived when I bought it) for the following reasons:
  • no small sub-bass roll-off with low impedance loads
  • lower output impedance
  • two micro SD slots (well, but no internal memory)
  • higher res screen
  • track counter implemented in the GUI (they have yet to do that for the DX90/50)
I have to admit that I quite like its design and form factor - sure, it's longer than the DX50/90, but at least for my hands and fingers, the button layout is ergonomic.
Replaceable batteries have never been all that important to me, but I can see why people might prefer them over built-in and less easily replaceable batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back