Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #21,556 of 33,689
So I've spent a few days with the Sony MH755, and I can definitely say that the hype is justified. The price these sell for is mind blowing.

The short J cable annoying, but I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet. I know some will be converting theirs to MMCX, but something just feels wrong with doing that, as the mmcx jacks cost as much as the whole IEM lol.

I might just shorten the longer side and pair it with my Xiaomi bluetooth adapter. Or maybe just recable it with a nice braided cable. Not sure yet.

I did remove the foam plug that was stuffed down inside the nozzle. It sounds even better now - cleaner and crisper low end, and more clarity across the board.

I also tried swapping the black nylon nozzle screens for stainless ones, but it made the treble too bright and grainy. So the black nylon filters are definitely the way to go on these. I'll have to keep that in mind if I transplant the drivers into different shells.

I like the stock eartips too. They're unique among all my other tips, and really comfy.

Well done Sony!

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #21,557 of 33,689
That is very encouraging! I have the DC1 already and the **** on order from Ali Express. I'm currently extremely enthusiastic about the CCA C10 so am anticipating great things from the ****. I also enjoy neutral IEMs and rate the banned V2 very highly in this regard. It will be interesting to compare the **** and V2 though it might be difficult discussing them here!
The DC1 is a very good IEM and I'm glad they're in my collection. But, the **** is a great IEM, they're too good to pass up for its neutral and natural signature and low killer price!
WANT-NEED-MUST-HAVE.jpg
-Clearly a MUST HAVE! :point_up:

Jan 22, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #21,558 of 33,689
So I've spent a few days with the Sony MH755, and I can definitely say that the hype is justified. The price these sell for is mind blowing.

The short J cable annoying, but I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet. I know some will be converting theirs to MMCX, but something just feels wrong with doing that, as the mmcx jacks cost as much as the whole IEM lol.

I might just shorten the longer side and pair it with my Xiaomi bluetooth adapter. Or maybe just recable it with a nice braided cable. Not sure yet.

I did remove the foam plug that was stuffed down inside the nozzle. It sounds even better now - cleaner and crisper low end, and more clarity across the board.

I also tried swapping the black nylon nozzle screens for stainless ones, but it made the treble too bright and grainy. So the black nylon filters are definitely the way to go on these. I'll have to keep that in mind if I transplant the drivers into different shells.

I like the stock eartips too. They're unique among all my other tips, and really comfy.

Well done Sony!
Hey Slater,
How does the bass sound after the removal of the foam? ...Does it retain that sonic low bass?

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #21,559 of 33,689
Just want to add to the MH755 discussion, I think it is already agreed that the white model on ebay seems to be legit from at least one US seller "spassears" if not more.

Measured both, there is some difference, maybe the SBH20 model is slightly different than the SBH56 model?
EDIT: After further review I think maybe it is just unit to unit variance because normalized it's only a 1-2db variation. Graph replaced with normalized at 1khz.

Graph comparison, same level was used.

upload_2019-1-22_23-47-9.png

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #21,560 of 33,689
Hey Slater,
How does the bass sound after the removal of the foam? ...Does it retain that sonic low bass?

Bass extension is the same without the foam. The main difference is the quality of the bass. It is tighter and clearer without the foam. The stock foam piece seems to have been softening/smoothing the sound.

I'd love to see the difference on a FR graph.

Don't get me wrong, the stock MH755 is excellent. But removing the foam makes it sound even better.

It's easily reversible if you don't like it for some reason. All that's needed is something sharp (sewing needle, stick pin, safety pin, diabetic lancet, etc). Simply lift the edge of black nylon nozzle filter, pick out the foam plug underneath, and re-stick the black nylon filter back onto the nozzle.

I removed and replaced the foam a number of times to get an idea of which way I liked it. It takes about 60 seconds to do everything.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #21,561 of 33,689
Just want to add to the MH755 discussion, I think it is already agreed that the white model on ebay seems to be legit from at least one US seller "spassears" if not more.

Measured both, I almost think the one included with SBH56 is actually the MH750 and the MH755 white from ebay is correct, I need to revisit the old thread about MH750. I remember them saying the MH750 is the bassier model.

Graph comparison, same level was used.

That's where I got mine from (MH755 model in white with orange tips).

It is definitely genuine. Mine has the ghost writing on the tag, a unique serial number, and the sound is excellent.

The price isn't as low as some (I paid $7.95), but I'd much rather pay $7.95 for the piece of mind of a guaranteed genuine, than half of that for a useless counterfeit that sounds like a dollar store klunker.

Note I have no affiliation with spassears.

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #21,562 of 33,689
Bass extension is the same without the foam. The main difference is the quality of the bass. It is tighter and clearer without the foam. The stock foam piece seems to have been softening/smoothing the sound.

Don't get me wrong, the stock MH755 is excellent. But removing the foam makes it sound even better.

It's easily reversible if you don't like it for some reason. All that's needed is something sharp (sewing needle, stick pin, safety pin, diabetic lancet, etc). Simply lift the edge of black nylon nozzle filter, pick out the foam plug underneath, and re-stick the black nylon filter back onto the nozzle.

I removed and replaced the foam a number of times to get an idea of which way I liked it. It takes about 60 seconds to do everything.
Thanks!...really informative! :writing_hand::yum:

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #21,564 of 33,689

I will remove the foam on mine and measure. I don't expect any change to the bass to show up, but I am sure it will change the top end.

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #21,565 of 33,689
Noticed you have the Dawnwood's, what do you think of them for $70? Just asking as I have a friend that prefers his Seed's to those. THX

Both models are fairly balanced but I would still prefer Hidizs Seeds as it doesn't have harsh peaks on female vocals as for me and better treble extension. Totally subjective though. But my Seeds are balanced version, this is also an advantage.

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #21,566 of 33,689
I will remove the foam on mine and measure. I don't expect any change to the bass to show up, but I am sure it will change the top end.

Thanks for doing that! Cookie for you :cookie:

I'll be very interested to see the difference.

It wouldn't surprise me if it lowers the sub bass amplitude by a small amount (maybe 1-1.5dB).

Also, as long as you're measuring, do you mind taking a measurement with NO nozzle filter as well? I would love to see a visual representation of the treble difference with and without the black filter. From what I heard, there was a considerable spike (maybe around 10k ish, but I could be off some).

So in other words, measurements for:

1. stock (foam and black filter).
2. foam removed, but WITH black filter
3. foam removed AND black filter removed

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #21,567 of 33,689
I guess you didn't notice the size comparison from drey101? ...It was just a simple comment on my thoughts. :wink:

*Courtesy of drey101
Of course I saw those pics. KP is SMALL (littlebit larger than IT01 and smaller than C10/ZSN) and long nozzle is generally plus for my ears as I usually don`t get good fit with short nozzle IEMs, even when I use long nozzle tips on them, it`s not quite there because of more prone nozzle tube "contraction". I rather prefer long nozzle with "leveled" tip edge relative to nozzle edge, gets me good fit almost every time and keeps "sound channel" free as possible.
On that pic nozzle seems to reach pretty much same length as C10 (thus also ZSN, which my wife has).
So, why do You think of it as "bad size/length" is little weird to me. KP just needs little tip-rolling to get best fit & sound (like all IEMs do imho).

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #21,568 of 33,689

Well done Sony!

This!! the stock tips is similar but different from other silicone tips, When first time i got my MH 750, i was surprised how good this tips. really fit me well easily. MH755 definitely got same tips.
Because their shape is more rounded, not half ball, but like 3/4 ball. I like this kind of tips. Just too bad they have narrow bore.

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #21,569 of 33,689
There has been some discussion recently about FR graphs. I think they can be useful for highlighting such things as channel imbalance, poorly implemented crossovers producing dips and peaks around the crossover frequency and showing up faulty drivers, but their usefulness for indicating sound quality is less certain.
For example you could listen to two CD players and they may sound very different but their FR graphs would most likely be identical: a straight line between DC and 22.05kHz. This got me thinking about the whole replay chain.
From the original microphone, to digital conversion and transfer to CD. This CD may then be inserted into a PC and ripped to mp3 with all its concomitant distortion and compression. This mp3 file will then be transferred to a DAP or phone with its own sound characteristics. Finally a set of IEMs will be plugged in with a FR curve more resembling a mountain range than a straight line. After all this, the fact we can hear anything approaching the original sound is, quite frankly, miraculous!

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #21,570 of 33,689
My Iduns arrived today. :sunglasses:

Packaging is one of the nicest ive seen so far, that case ohhh...

U51M3C8.jpg

iUwm4Kw.jpg

Cant go into details about the sound yet but so far so good. :musical_score:

91gCcOd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back