Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 21, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #18,331 of 33,689
NiceHCK EP35 reviewed: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-ep35.23315/reviews#review-20911

ep35.jpg

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #18,332 of 33,689
Sep 21, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #18,334 of 33,689
T2 Pro again --

Tried using scotch tape this time to cover vents. Measured, and it and it matched electrical tape. Then tried to slit a tiny hole into it with a needle (needle is smaller than the vent hole), but measurement looks flat in bass region (similar to no mod). Tried to cover half the hole (which was very hard to place), and either got same bass as no mod, or less bass in measurements!

Sep 22, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #18,336 of 33,689
I do not know if my rebranded one (that was included free for no reason in another order) is exactly the same or not. It looks like it but who knows if there is something different internally. Mine actually sounds great and feels comfortable. Had a lot of trouble deciding on tips and ended up with some Sony ones from aliexpress.

Someone had suggested in a review of the Geek Wold that it needs 100 hours of burn in .. or maybe it was more. I have left mine burning in for a few days and I never can tell if there are changes but regardless, they are sounding really good to me.
The first batch run was rushed and there were problems with consistency and variances in the sound. The first one I received was very lean and light on bass and sounded quite good. The second one I received is still in the unopened box because I've been really busy with other stuff.watermark (1).png

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #18,338 of 33,689
Why don't they rip the good designs, if they rip at all? I could go for Shure casings and Massdrop Plus, and a lot of others. Instead, they rip weird stuff like Andromeda and Onkyo. Vexing.

Ever actually visit NiceHCK?:) DIY846, DT300/500, and the like. Of course to some, the half in-ear is a good design. It is actually, easy to fit, comfy, no issues with glasses. Not your preference doesn't mean it isn't good.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #18,339 of 33,689
Ever actually visit NiceHCK?:) DIY846, DT300/500, and the like. Of course to some, the half in-ear is a good design. It is actually, easy to fit, comfy, no issues with glasses. Not your preference doesn't mean it isn't good.
Yeah, that's twice or thrice what I usually pay for Chi-Fi. For that price l might as well choose an entry-level model of the actual brand.

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #18,340 of 33,689
Comparison to the Magaosi MGS-401 and Dunu Falcon-C? Thanks!
It is smoother and fuller than the MGS-401. The MGS-401 is brighter and takes on an exciting approach.
It has more body than the Falcon-C and the midrange is expressed with better intimacy.

Sep 22, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #18,342 of 33,689
Is there a significant difference in noise isolation between hybrids like the Hifi Boy OSv3 when compared to closed multi-ba drivers like the Toneking T4s?

I'm trying to decide between those 2 iems and my only remaining consideration is noise isolation since I work in an open office where people are constantly chatting...

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #18,343 of 33,689
Is there a significant difference in noise isolation between hybrids like the Hifi Boy OSv3 when compared to closed multi-ba drivers like the Toneking T4s?

I'm trying to decide between those 2 iems and my only remaining consideration is noise isolation since I work in an open office where people are constantly chatting...
don't be so concern, both in ears will block that anyway, however, if you want better isolation look into in ears that are not vented and have filed resin body, most of the full balanced armature ones are not vented, those that have dynamic drivers are usually vented and they will have less noise isolation

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #18,344 of 33,689
So there's no IEM that could beat TRN v80 at its price point?
After receiving the faulty pair i tried to figure out better using just one of the two earbuds (the onlt one functioning) and i have to say treble is really sibilant and fatiguing (even if extremely detailed).

There is no IEM with the cable that goes around the ear that can actually beat the v80 now?
I mean in terms of soundstage, imaging, layering separation, bass extension and detail retrieval with even balanced mids (or just not so much recessed)?

I seriously can't understand what to buy at the moment, it seems like the ed16 would be a step back but i don't see other options in the sub 30$ bucket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back