Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #18,316 of 33,689
been spending some more time with the trn v80, which are settling down nicely. they really do bass exceptionally well--deep, controlled and musical--and have a richer, smoother toanlity than most of their price peers. where they do fall short of pricier, reference-tuned pieces like the ue900 is driver coherence; i.e. the integration between highs, lows and mids is less than seamless. very good for the gym, however.

Do you use them at the gym? I've been considering using them for that purpose, but I'm a little worried about sweat ruining them. I don't know if those 'vents' on the front are actually vents or just the IEM version of racing stripes.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #18,317 of 33,689
Do you use them at the gym? I've been considering using them for that purpose, but I'm a little worried about sweat ruining them. I don't know if those 'vents' on the front are actually vents or just the IEM version of racing stripes.
i do--they seem durable, isolate very well and play loud. that bass inspires much heavy lifting,.

Sep 21, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #18,319 of 33,689
@loomisjohnson Cool! Thanks! I think they will work perfectly then.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #18,324 of 33,689
Bring it on! Mine has been shipped.

I don't know if mine has been shipped yet. My husband ordered it for me (we don't give Aliexpress both of our card info) and he is at work right now. I need the tracking number!!!

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #18,325 of 33,689
Edit: just realized I got this thread mixed up with the under $100 chi-fi one.

Geek Wold GK3 is no go folks. There are plenty better choices in the price range. My main issue with it - mid bass is muffled and not focused. Overall a very closed in sound. The plug is also a bit too thin, not working with my LG V20 without an adapter. If you, like me, are fan of dynamic drivers, then in my experience I-INTO i8, Betron BS10, and Uiisii CM5, are much better choices.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #18,326 of 33,689
Edit: just realized I got this thread mixed up with the under $100 chi-fi one.

Geek Wold GK3 is no go folks. There are plenty better choices in the price range. My main issue with it - mid bass is muffled and not focused. Overall a very closed in sound. The plug is also a bit too thin, not working with my LG V20 without an adapter. If you, like me, are fan of dynamic drivers, then in my experience I-INTO i8, Betron BS10, and Uiisii CM5, are much better choices.

You are not the 1st person to say the Geek Wold GK3 is not good. It seems that it was a FOTM hype train...

Hype-train.jpg

Sep 21, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #18,327 of 33,689
You are not the 1st person to say the Geek Wold GK3 is not good. It seems that it was a FOTM hype train...

I do not know if my rebranded one (that was included free for no reason in another order) is exactly the same or not. It looks like it but who knows if there is something different internally. Mine actually sounds great and feels comfortable. Had a lot of trouble deciding on tips and ended up with some Sony ones from aliexpress.

Someone had suggested in a review of the Geek Wold that it needs 100 hours of burn in .. or maybe it was more. I have left mine burning in for a few days and I never can tell if there are changes but regardless, they are sounding really good to me.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #18,328 of 33,689
I do not know if my rebranded one (that was included free for no reason in another order) is exactly the same or not. It looks like it but who knows if there is something different internally. Mine actually sounds great and feels comfortable. Had a lot of trouble deciding on tips and ended up with some Sony ones from aliexpress.

Someone had suggested in a review of the Geek Wold that it needs 100 hours of burn in .. or maybe it was more. I have left mine burning in for a few days and I never can tell if there are changes but regardless, they are sounding really good to me.

I love those Sony tips. They are unlike any other tips I have. The silicone is really soft and grippy.

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #18,329 of 33,689
I love those Sony tips. They are unlike any other tips I have. The silicone is really soft and grippy.

As I only have one pair of Auvios left, I tried these Sonys on both the rebranded iem and on my new Auglamour F200 that arrived today and are in my ears now.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #18,330 of 33,689
KS4 has been ordered!

Still confused about higher end options. Massdrop Plus vs MaGaosi K5 vs Grado 10e....confusion is normal for me though :)
Dont consider grado gr10e for travelling, very horrible isolation due to extremely open and "speaker" like sound. I personally didnt like massdrop plus as well, lacks a lot of bass thought the fit is extremely comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back