Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 20, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #16,682 of 33,689
on my list the fidue a73 would probably be closest. i don't recommend iems i haven't heard, but i would also solicit opinions on the tfz king pro and musicmaker ninetail, which are praised by reliable folks.
Thanks, will look into those. All I want is vocals to shine, whilst sounding thick and having big enough bass in the background to give that big overall sound. The it01 seems absolutely outstanding for everything apart from vocals. I'm looking for an it01 similar iem with thicker and more forward vocals. It doesn't have to be vocal centric but can't be behind. Hope that clarifies.

Jul 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #16,683 of 33,689
Jul 20, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #16,685 of 33,689
Hello fellow headfiers i am looking for a sub-50$ iems with balanced signature ( light bass with depth) big soundstage with great instrument separation
i had kz es4 which i sold at mrp to a friend of mine so i am expecting my next iems to be an upgrade from es4
Thanks in advance
I personally can suggest to you the ACZ KR06-6, or the KR06-4. Out of all the IEM's I carry, which most won't fit on my profile page, they play best on my "hi-res" dap and dac I own. They are very vivid and clean sounding with only the KR06-4 sounding slightly warmer and smoother, while the KR06-6 has better micro-details and quicker bass punch to it. The midrange vocals sits dead center, done just right! In nature, they are neutral sounding, but can sound balanced according the genre of music you select. The default silicone ear tips are small, so you may want to exchange them for the medium or large ear tips that come in the package if you decide to go bigger. They have detachable MMCX wires, which work pretty well with them (no issues to date).

They can be searched and purchased on Aliexpress, or taobao.

Hope this helps...:thumbsup::sunglasses:

-Clear

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #16,686 of 33,689
I suppose I get why people like them, but it's not an earphone I'd recommend.

Strange I didn't think it was too bad, although it doesn't fit my preferred sound signature. What I really disliked about it was the horrible cable.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #16,688 of 33,689
Strange I didn't think it was too bad, although it doesn't fit my preferred sound signature. What I really disliked about it was the horrible cable.

I don't think they're terrible, they just suffer from a couple critical issue. I could live with the gutless presentation (even if I don't enjoy it) because the detail and clarity is outstanding. The trash tier MMCX connection quality was the nail in the coffin though. Just give them a little wiggle and the ear pieces detach. It's not as if they don't feel secure either, since plugging in the cable still requires a fair bit of force. At their price, I can't recommend a product where your chances of losing an ear piece is so high. If they were a sub 20 USD offering? Sucks but whatever, tape the ear piece on, lol.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #16,689 of 33,689
I just want to reiterate regarding the TRN V80, since it seems people have gone cold on it. It's actually quite good considering the price (sound and build quality). I should not have jumped onto the forums here so early into my time with it - that was a real rookie move on my part :no_entry_sign::tired_face: I'll have a full review of it in a week or so and hopefully some others will be able to share their impressions of it as well.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #16,690 of 33,689
I don't think they're terrible, they just suffer from a couple critical issue. I could live with the gutless presentation (even if I don't enjoy it) because the detail and clarity is outstanding. The trash tier MMCX connection quality was the nail in the coffin though. Just give them a little wiggle and the ear pieces detach. It's not as if they don't feel secure either, since plugging in the cable still requires a fair bit of force. At their price, I can't recommend a product where your chances of losing an ear piece is so high. If they were a sub 20 USD offering? Sucks but whatever, tape the ear piece on, lol.
I wonder if you got a faulty pair because I thought the MMCX connectors were excellent, just as they are on the original A15. This is what I said in my review:
I will say though that the MMCX connectors themselves, just like the original A15 are excellent. They’re sturdy yet easy to disconnect and have a satisfying click.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #16,691 of 33,689
I wonder if you got a faulty pair because I thought the MMCX connectors were excellent, just as they are on the original A15. This is what I said in my review:

That's certainly possible. "They’re sturdy yet easy to disconnect and have a satisfying click." That part definitely matches mine, haha.

I've had a bit of a bad run with QC issues as of late; Kinera BD005 drivers died after I used them a comparo a while back; BGVP DX3 plug ripped out of the socket when removing the cable; KZ ZS3 arriving with the plug punched into the housing; memory wire on the ZSA I bought arrived looking like it was melted; Kinera SEED's cable finally turned black (though Kinera already addressed that); and various other budget earphones I bought to review arriving with terrible channel imbalances. I wouldn't be shocked if the A15Pro fell into that camp unfortunately.

Jul 20, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #16,692 of 33,689
That's certainly possible. "They’re sturdy yet easy to disconnect and have a satisfying click." That part definitely matches mine, haha.

I've had a bit of a bad run with QC issues as of late; Kinera BD005 drivers died after I used them a comparo a while back; BGVP DX3 plug ripped out of the socket when removing the cable; KZ ZS3 arriving with the plug punched into the housing; memory wire on the ZSA I bought arrived looking like it was melted; Kinera SEED's cable finally turned black (though Kinera already addressed that); and various other budget earphones I bought to review arriving with terrible channel imbalances. I wouldn't be shocked if the A15Pro fell into that camp unfortunately.
Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck. On the bright side, I'm sure you'll be getting some wins on the other side of it! :wink:

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #16,694 of 33,689
Hello fellow headfiers i am looking for a sub-50$ iems with balanced signature ( light bass with depth) big soundstage with great instrument separation
i had kz es4 which i sold at mrp to a friend of mine so i am expecting my next iems to be an upgrade from es4
Thanks in advance
The Fidue A65 has the very best separation and layering in the $50 category of all the iems I know...at $55. At $25, I'd try the Nice HCK BRO. I use these two when listening to orchestral music because of those qualities. You cannot go wrong with either.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #16,695 of 33,689
That's about the most glowing endorsement I've seen to date from @B9Scrambler or maybe the most polite way I've seen the words "these suck" written.
...which displays a conflict of interest: a review sample is supplied for free but it bites. What to do? I have the TRN V80 coming which may also bite. I have scruples telling the reader that they should find out for themselves...and also not pee o the supplier.

In the blogosphere, there are some reviewers in my opinion that mainly do reviews to get free samples. But readers figure that out quickly. On the other hand, any good guy can turn bad over time...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back