Sendiy Planar IEM
Sendiy's prototype earphone (not final)

Dh8fKs7VMAAonCR.jpg

DhudlBGU0AA-1ni.jpg
Darn, those look impressive!

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #16,548 of 33,689
Jul 14, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #16,556 of 33,689
I've a KZ 5-Driver incoming soon :)

It is with the Bucharest customs. I know that for 50$, with 5 drivers per ear, they did make cuts somewhere, just gotta figure out where lol :)
Hey, they didn't cut, they added!!!!!

Jul 14, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #16,557 of 33,689

It is with the Bucharest customs. I know that for 50$, with 5 drivers per ear, they did make cuts somewhere, just gotta figure out where lol :)

I assume the ZS10? or somehow you got the latest all-BA unit early? Either way, since you can get BAs and DDs for peanuts in china, its not really a surprise.

Here, you can even order a 21BA (per side) IEM from china, CTZ-42, 1.8k bux or something.
TB2DFLVxkOWBuNjSsppXXXPgpXa_!!47846225.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #16,558 of 33,689

They did make cuts, by using cheap drivers. Most expensive multiple driver earphones use Knowles or Sonion drivers and cost significantly more.

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #16,559 of 33,689
They did make cuts, by using cheap drivers. Most expensive multiple driver earphones use Knowles or Sonion drivers and cost significantly more.

even with Knowles or Sonion, you can buy cheap ones (relatively, of course). The recent IT04 and FH5 comes to mind. Both quad-hybrid with Knowles BA but different price-bracket. With IT04 getting rave reviews, dreams of matching Andromeda-tier performance at half the price seems closer and closer. There's still the FH7 in the wings from Fiio, their TOTL model.

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #16,560 of 33,689
Hey, they didn't cut, they added!!!!!
\

Yes, they added lots of drivers. Gives an itch to see how that worked out (My first encounter with KZ)

I assume the ZS10? or somehow you got the latest all-BA unit early? Either way, since you can get BAs and DDs for peanuts in china, its not really a surprise.

Here, you can even order a 21BA (per side) IEM from china, CTZ-42, 1.8k bux or something.
TB2DFLVxkOWBuNjSsppXXXPgpXa_!!47846225.jpg

ZS10 indeed. They seem really full of drivers :)

As for the one you linked above, 1.8K bux in HKUSD, or normal USD?

Because AFAIK the HK$ are much lower than the typical USD, meaning that it doesn't cost quite that much.

At that high number of drivers, group delay, and proper crossovers are much more of an issue than the number of drivers... Also comfort can be problematic... Would be curious to hear something so insane :)

Oh yes, for sure I think they cut some corners, but still they could have made an interesting final product :)

even with Knowles or Sonion, you can buy cheap ones (relatively, of course). The recent IT04 and FH5 comes to mind. Both quad-hybrid with Knowles BA but different price-bracket. With IT04 getting rave reviews, dreams of matching Andromeda-tier performance at half the price seems closer and closer. There's still the FH7 in the wings from Fiio, their TOTL model.

I think both FH5 and IT04 have high quality BA drivers whithin though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back