Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 4, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #15,811 of 33,689
I know it is quite an extra investment but I decided to get their dedicated cable update for about 60 USD and for me it improved the sound significantly.
Everything sounds crispier and I like the bass much more now.

This cable is also overall much nicer than the one originally included.

Wait, are you telling me that after people already spent $200, they are expected to spend another $60 just to get improved sound?

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #15,812 of 33,689
@1clearhead do you the think the acz headphone is the best under iem under 200 bucks what do you think? I see its your nr1 headphone can we call end game iem under 200 bucks?
Right now, I woudn't call it an end game for the fact that we all hear differently and we also have different preferences on sound signatures. But, since it floats around the sound signature that I personally like, they would have to have an alloy-metal type housing with incredible accessories package for me to call it an end game under $200 US dollars.
In the end, they are a heck of a good deal just in there tuned audible signature for such a low price. And yes! They are really hard to beat just in that aspect alone! :thumbsup:

-Clear

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #15,813 of 33,689
Well, they sent out a half-baked product because they wanted to make a fast buck. That's bordering on fraud. Yes, it is not the end of the world for us, but it is still disappointing having been taken for a ride.
I have yet to receive my V60, but if it is one of the problematic 200 pieces sold abroad (!50 pcs for local market), then I will say goodbye to TRN.
I mean the problem of BAs not firing is a very serious neglect

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #15,814 of 33,689
Well, they sent out a half-baked product because they wanted to make a fast buck. That's bordering on fraud. Yes, it is not the end of the world for us, but it is still disappointing having been taken for a ride.

I have yet to receive my V60, but if it is one of the problematic 200 pieces sold abroad (!50 pcs for local market), then I will say goodbye to TRN.
I mean the problem of BAs not firing is a very serious neglect

While I feel terrible for the owners, TRN was just as much an unlucky victim - they were the simply the chumps that were dumb enough to have their name put on the box. The real culprit is MDK-ESS.

The MDK-ESS ASK and ASY had atrocious build quality, literally falling apart in people's hands right out of the box. And that's assuming all of your drivers were even soldered at all, or weren't flopping around loose inside of the housings (rattling around as the fell apart in all of their glory).

I knew the second MDK-ESS released the ASE model, as tempting as it looked, that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm sooo glad I stayed a mile away. Sadly, I knew the second I saw the ASE repackaged as the TRN V60 a few months later that there was going to be serious fallout.

I mean, MDK-ESS literally went from using little to no glue on the ASK and ASY models, to going overboard with the glue on the ASE!

TRN has obviously used different manufacturers for their various IEMs, so don't write them off forever. Hopefully they just learn their lesson and never use MDK-ESS again.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #15,816 of 33,689
Wait, are you telling me that after people already spent $200, they are expected to spend another $60 just to get improved sound?

I'm saying that already great earphones for 200 USD can be made noticeably better with extra 60 USD investment (and I had doubts cable can ever provide an improvement).
For me this set is better than 500+ USD earphones I have/I tried so it is still worth it to me.

Jun 4, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #15,817 of 33,689
I'm saying that already great earphones for 200 USD can be made noticeably better with extra 60 USD investment (and I had doubts cable can ever provide an improvement).
For me this set is better than 500+ USD earphones I have/I tried so it is still worth it to me.

Why didn't Meizu send this cable out to owners of the Live for no charge? That would have been the right thing to do.

It's nothing against you - I'm glad you are happy with your setup.

Its just yet another example of a half-baked product going out for owners to do the QC, and when companies back pedal and fix issues, they expect the owners of their half-baked defective goods to pay a 2nd time to have the problem fixed. It's the manufacturer's responsibility to get the kinks worked out before the product ships out.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #15,819 of 33,689

How bright are they? Looking at some graphs, they have a pretty big dip in the high frequencies. I like bright IEMs.

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #15,820 of 33,689
How bright are they? Looking at some graphs, they have a pretty big dip in the high frequencies. I like bright IEMs.
They are not bright. I do not like bright IEMs (anymore) so I can enjoy them. Sonically they remind me of another 4BA set - the Brainwavz B400.

You could consider the Sendiy M1221instead which is known as a good bright IEM which I liked, too although of the brightness. 1clearhead would recommend these, too I am sure.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #15,821 of 33,689
They are not bright. I do not like bright IEMs (anymore) so I can enjoy them. Sonically they remind me of another 4BA set - the Brainwavz B400.

You could consider the Sendiy M1221instead which is known as a good bright IEM which I liked, too although of the brightness. 1clearhead would recommend these, too I am sure.

That's a shame. I was intrigued by them because of their BA configuration and thin nozzle.

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #15,822 of 33,689
That's a shame. I was intrigued by them because of their BA configuration and thin nozzle.
I must have missed something as I was not aware of the relation between thin nozzle and brightness. It is not my experience. What is the reason/background for this behaviour?

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #15,824 of 33,689
Why didn't Meizu send this cable out to owners of the Live for no charge? That would have been the right thing to do.

It's nothing against you - I'm glad you are happy with your setup.

Its just yet another example of a half-baked product going out for owners to do the QC, and when companies back pedal and fix issues, they expect the owners of their half-baked defective goods to pay a 2nd time to have the problem fixed. It's the manufacturer's responsibility to get the kinks worked out before the product ships out.

Just to be clear, I don't intend to defend them but I think it kind of makes sense from the business point of view.
These are very different cables - original one has the remote control while the extra one is pure, high quality cable.

Of course they could include both and raise the price of the set but they are releasing product for a Chinese market where most people will want to the original set-up as they will anyway listen on their phone. Thus it would be a worse business decision for them to only release the more expensive complete set.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #15,825 of 33,689

For less money than the M1221 you can get the HiFi Boy OS V3 which trumps it in every way. Better sound, better fit, better cable. Honestly, I can't believe people aren't talking about it here. It's the best IEM under $200 IMO and Y'all should get one today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back