Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Mar 30, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #5,987 of 7,153
Mar 30, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #5,988 of 7,153
Isn’t there a Blon/BossHifi or Sivga model that looks similar? Maybe not the same driver, but certainly the headphone body is related.

No they are ESmooth headphones, and they have their own website:

http://www.esmoothaudio.com/product-list-8-1.html

I'm not aware of any relationship between BLON/BossHifi and ESmooth. ESmooth has been around a long time. Some members here may remember that Meze got their start by using ESmooth as an OEM, before Meze went on to design their own headphones.

I've eyed those ES-661 for years (they usually sell for $80 or so), but have never seen an in-depth review so I've always hesitated. There was also a plastic frame version of the ES-661 sold by Griffin called the Woodtones (they sell between $15-20 these days), though I have no idea if the driver is the same.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #5,989 of 7,153
No they are ESmooth headphones, and they have their own website:

http://www.esmoothaudio.com/product-list-8-1.html

I'm not aware of any relationship between BLON/BossHifi and ESmooth. ESmooth has been around a long time. Some members here may remember that Meze got their start by using ESmooth as an OEM, before Meze went on to design their own headphones.

I've eyed those ES-661 for years (they usually sell for $80 or so), but have never seen an in-depth review so I've always hesitated. There was also a plastic frame version of the ES-661 sold by Griffin called the Woodtones (they sell between $15-20 these days), though I have no idea if the driver is the same.

Nice to know; thanks for the info.

Ah yes, the ever popular Woodtones. I always wanted a set, but never got around to it. I have too many headphones as it is, and only 1 pair of ears!

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #5,990 of 7,153
Nice to know; thanks for the info.

Ah yes, the ever popular Woodtones. I always wanted a set, but never got around to it. I have too many headphones as it is, and only 1 pair of ears!
I did it. We shall see! $45, so not much of a gamble. The red color is a bit cheaper, but I like the natural tone better. I like natural. Diet Coke, anyone?

1585608962828.png

Mar 31, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #5,992 of 7,153
Hey Everyone,

Total noob here to the world of Chi-Fi headphones. My current HPs are Sennheiser HD-25's. Sound-wise fairly solid, but no isolation whatsoever. I have a number of Chinese IEMs but not HPs. Apparently I have big ear canals or something as the IEMs never seem to stay in quite right. Tried all sorts of tips (foam etc.) Nothing works. I am now working from home due to the Coronavirus but I have two children who are...not quiet. LOL. So I need something over the ear that does an excellent job of isolating outside sound for myself and bleeding for those around me. Of course, as I am in this sub-forum it probably goes without saying that the lower the cost, the better. I'm not big on Bluetooth but that is OK if necessary. Active Noise cancelling would be nice (maybe?--never had any before), but if something isolates well without it then it is hardly a necessity. I listen to pretty much everything Metal, Rock, Hip Hop, Jazz, even a bit of Classical. I tend to gravitate to more of the bass heavy stuff however but am by no means a bass-head. I need something that I can get my hands on quickly (I am in the U.S. and have Prime so something available through Amazon would be great). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I figure that there must be better stuff out there than Amazon's #1 Selling Cowin E-7 (but I may be wrong so who knows). I skimmed through the thread a bit but at 400 pages it is overwhelming as there are so many options. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mar 31, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #5,993 of 7,153
Apr 2, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #5,996 of 7,153
Apr 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #5,997 of 7,153
I'd love to try the ESmooth but these do not seem to be about the UK. Good luck with them.

Does anybody know of any bargain wood chi-fi headphones in the UK?

Thanks all
I ended up returning them. They're not bad, but they're not what I expected. Mostly plastic, feel a little flimsy, and they are very poor at passive isolation, which is completely opposite as advertised.

That being said, they sound clear and decent overall, but nothing special. They might work well for someone that doesn't need isolation, but they're not a great "find", unfortunately.

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #5,999 of 7,153
60mm carbon diaphragm
Thats interesting. Shame those are propably impossible to buy outside asia or even outside taiwan. Yoga and yo-tronics have some very interesting stuff like planars kp-2000 and kp-1200.

Do they sell their headphones to consumers in taiwan? To get some here I would propably have to order 2000 units :D

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #6,000 of 7,153
I'd love to try the ESmooth but these do not seem to be about the UK. Good luck with them.

Does anybody know of any bargain wood chi-fi headphones in the UK?

Thanks all
Amazon UK has the Symphonized Wraith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back