Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 2, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #6,001 of 7,153
Amazon UK has the Symphonized Wraith.
Are those any good? I've read some mixed reviews. Some describe them as being bassy in a muddy way and a little muffled on the top end.

I've been looking at those but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I did order the Floyd Rose dual driver headphones, so we'll see how those are.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GQ77W4R/

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #6,002 of 7,153
Do they sell their headphones to consumers in taiwan?
Yes they do. But they haven’t gotten big successes yet. I think they should lower the price for the planars and high-end series like SHP-1.

Are those any good?
I bought almost all their iems and a pair of Wraith(triangle shape) and those are only headphones I regretted to buy, especially iems... I’ve heard them are better now but I won’t throw money on them again.

Apr 5, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #6,003 of 7,153
Hopefully this is the right place to ask, but the left driver of my Bosshifi B8's have detached entirely. My dad has a soldering kit but is unsure how to fix this.

Here are photos.

The black piece of wire laying in the cup in photo 1 detached also, and in photo 2 I'm holding it in place where it should go. Just not sure how to attach the red and black wires to the jack.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #6,004 of 7,153
To me it looks like the tip has two points that can be soldered to, you could always check if they are different if you have an ohm-meter.
Looks like a kinda tricky solder job but maybe you could jam a plastic sheet in between the tips.
The black wire looks like just being soldered to the jack shell, but check a diagram, the colors might be reversed.

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #6,005 of 7,153
For anyone looking for a great headphone and a great price, these Floyd Rose are fantastic. They are better than I thought they would be and much better than their other model.

Going into it, I thought they would be a very warm sounding headphone (maybe even too warm), but they have great clarity and sparkle to them. The treble is not hot, so they are clear, yet non-fatiguing. Bass slam is great and not overpowered, while mids are good and cut through the mix nicely. For rock/metal (80s, 90s), these are excellent.

They come with a nice hard case with a soft velvet-like lining. The headband is metal, as are the portions of the earcups attached to the sliders. The wire it comes with is a 6FT dual 2.5mm to 3.5mm and is a bit janky, so you may want to look for an aftermarket cable or balanced cable. The cable, however, still functions well, it's just not the nicest looking/feeling and it's always better to go balanced if you can. :)

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #6,006 of 7,153
For anyone looking for a great headphone and a great price, these Floyd Rose are fantastic. They are better than I thought they would be and much better than their other model.

Going into it, I thought they would be a very warm sounding headphone (maybe even too warm), but they have great clarity and sparkle to them. The treble is not hot, so they are clear, yet non-fatiguing. Bass slam is great and not overpowered, while mids are good and cut through the mix nicely. For rock/metal (80s, 90s), these are excellent.

They come with a nice hard case with a soft velvet-like lining. The headband is metal, as are the portions of the earcups attached to the sliders. The wire it comes with is a 6FT dual 2.5mm to 3.5mm and is a bit janky, so you may want to look for an aftermarket cable or balanced cable. The cable, however, still functions well, it's just not the nicest looking/feeling and it's always better to go balanced if you can. :)

Are they fully over ear, or one of those kinda on ea/kinda over ear pads?

Are the pads removable and easily swappable with 3rd party pads? Would you mind giving me a LxW measurement on the pads?

Also, the headband pad looks questionable. How is the comfort? Any hot spots? What’s the longest listening session you’ve had so far?

Apr 6, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #6,007 of 7,153
Are they fully over ear, or one of those kinda on ea/kinda over ear pads?

Are the pads removable and easily swappable with 3rd party pads? Would you mind giving me a LxW measurement on the pads?

Also, the headband pad looks questionable. How is the comfort? Any hot spots? What’s the longest listening session you’ve had so far?

They are kinda over-ear. A hot spot could develop over time on the top of the head. I shave my head (got tired of headphone hair and this hobby means more to me than my hair), so it doesn't get that hot for me. So far, just a 2 hour session. :relaxed:

Without actually trying to detach the earpads, they do not appear to be readily removable. The earpads are not that big:

Opening - 2" x 1 1/4"

Earpad Footprint - 3 1/2" x 3"

If you could detach them (feels like they might be glued or snapped on) some Beats Studio earpads seem like they might be able to fit. I'm a little chicken to mess with it, so I haven't tried very hard to remove the earpads.

Apr 6, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #6,008 of 7,153
I shave my head (got tired of headphone hair and this hobby means more to me than my hair)

That’s dedication bro!

846334C6-3011-4C44-AFC8-3C4679A21A1C.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed info :)

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #6,009 of 7,153
That’s dedication bro!

846334C6-3011-4C44-AFC8-3C4679A21A1C.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed info :)
LOL!

I was able to remove the earpads. The pads themselves are glued to the plastic ring, so going to take those off and see what kind of pads will fit over them. Looks like the Beats Studio pads may fit.
IMG_2479.jpg

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #6,011 of 7,153
I don't know how the original pads are but beats studio pads have a rather thick foam between the driver and the ear. Might impact sound quality

Yes, good point. Whenever I use Beats pads for headphone mod projects, I remove the foam layer. The pad still has the thin fabric veil like most every other earpad, which is all you really need.

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #6,012 of 7,153
Yes, good point. Whenever I use Beats pads for headphone mod projects, I remove the foam layer. The pad still has the thin fabric veil like most every other earpad, which is all you really need.
How did those Beats Studio Sheepskin earpads work out for you? Do you like them?

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #6,013 of 7,153
Edifier baby. I got their headphones from Amazon (Music production / Vocals), etc. Had them for a few years and can't say enough good things about them. It is only after like 3 maybe 4 years that the ear covers are kind of tearing apart but the sound and the comfort is awesome. I thought they were some German company until I recently Google it. Now that's what I would love to see from more Chinese companies. Super quality products.

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #6,014 of 7,153
Edifier baby. I got their headphones from Amazon (Music production / Vocals), etc. Had them for a few years and can't say enough good things about them. It is only after like 3 maybe 4 years that the ear covers are kind of tearing apart but the sound and the comfort is awesome. I thought they were some German company until I recently Google it. Now that's what I would love to see from more Chinese companies. Super quality products.
Which Edifier model are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back