Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Mar 27, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #5,371 of 7,153
There seems to be something going on with the driver, if i push the left earcup when im wearing them i can hear rattling and sound starts to cut in and out. I already mentioned about this to the seller, if his not cooperative i guess i have to open my second dispute to AE...

That totally sucks.

I never had driver or channel imbalance problems...but last year I bought an expensive F.S. Hifiman HP; waited for it to arrive; then when I went to put it on my head, the right earcup broke totally away from the handband/yoke assembly. I ultimately got all my $$ back, for a while there, it felt like the end of the world.

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #5,372 of 7,153
That totally sucks.

I never had driver or channel imbalance problems...but last year I bought an expensive F.S. Hifiman HP; waited for it to arrive; then when I went to put it on my head, the right earcup broke totally away from the handband/yoke assembly. I ultimately got all my $$ back, for a while there, it felt like the end of the world.
Kudos to your coping skills there.

There's nothing worse than looking forward to a transcendent aural experience, only to be sucker punched by some What QC issue.

That's what makes Chi-Fi so appealing. You're not really expecting much for $50, but the LyxPro HAS-30 (ISK MDH9000 clone) made me get up and slap someone.

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #5,373 of 7,153
My HE560's yoke broke not longer after I bought them, contacted HiFiMan and they sent me a new metal headband like the Sundaras and I was up and running in no time

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #5,374 of 7,153
Same here. Sent the CAL back to Amazon however, I don't think they really add anything to my collection.

The OneAudio DJ Studio sounds better than the ISK MDH9000. The bass is a little more subtle (only a little though) and the mids come out more clear. It really, like really smells of chemical paint though. Besides, the sound of the wireless version of the OneAudio sounds even more balanced.

At the risk of being repetitive, I must say that the driver & design of the ISK MDH9000 & various clones are highly amenable to modification. @Slater is really a wiz at modding these headphones (among others!). I've heard the before & after of his mods, and can tell you there's more sonic capability in this design than you might expect at 1st listen.

I still like my unmodded Marantz MPH-2s, but the pair @Slater extensively modded is in a different sonic league. I posted a review of this last year if anyone is interested.

And I own a 3-yr old pair of Yenona Adapter-Free DJ headphones (identical to the OneAudio DJ Studio). I do not feel that those headphones have the same sonic upside as the MSK MDH9000 & clones (just a feeling, tho).

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #5,375 of 7,153
Kudos to your coping skills there.

There's nothing worse than looking forward to a transcendent aural experience, only to be sucker punched by some What QC issue.

That's what makes Chi-Fi so appealing. You're not really expecting much for $50, but the LyxPro HAS-30 (ISK MDH9000 clone) made me get up and slap someone.

I've owned 2 Marantz MPH-2s (gave 1 to my brother, who loves them; kept the other); a LyxPro HAS-30 (gave those to a friend who loves them): and have an Akai Professional X50 w/LyxPro HAS-30 earpads (that's the pair @Slater modded, including making them open-back & usable w/any 3.5mm cable). All because the 1st stock MPH-2 had a sound that I found very congenial & entertaining, warts & flaws aside.

I seem to recall after 1st hearing that HP, I got up and slapped myself (somebody has to do it!).

Mar 28, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #5,379 of 7,153
"ULTIMATE" because it's guaranteed to work even after Godzilla steps on it.
upload_2019-3-28_11-35-9.png

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #5,380 of 7,153
This news may be a little late to the party here, but I found the V-Moda cables (using the CFW cable) fit nicely on the ISK MDH9000 clones (I'm using the LyxPro HAS-30), such that the proprietary cables are not necessary (which are quite long and cumbersome).

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #5,381 of 7,153
Somebody stop me please, kanas pro is 150$ on aliexpess:) any better options for this price?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190329_012815.jpg
    Screenshot_20190329_012815.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #5,382 of 7,153
This news may be a little late to the party here, but I found the V-Moda cables (using the CFW cable) fit nicely on the ISK MDH9000 clones (I'm using the LyxPro HAS-30), such that the proprietary cables are not necessary (which are quite long and cumbersome).
LOL yeah, I've been using the long V-Moda cable for a long while now

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #5,384 of 7,153
I wanted to try something new and bought plextone bt270. It looks soo good in pictures so it can't be THAT bad for for $17.54 TB28gFYdY1YBuNjSszeXXablFXa_1933142394.jpg
Well... It is bad. There was no padding over The box. So it looks like this IMG_20190402_223433.jpg

IMG_20190402_223459.jpg

I was expecting atleast decent build quality but it is 100% plastic. Cups don't swivel and headband barely clamps so getting a good seal is impossible.

Both wired and wireless modes sound the same. Very drowsy and boring, veiled, distant etc.

Headphones look good in pictures but other than thaIt I have nothing positive to say about plextone bt270.

IMG_20190402_231448.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #5,385 of 7,153
I wanted to try something new and bought plextone bt270. It looks soo good in pictures so it can't be THAT bad for for $17.54
Well... It is bad. There was no padding over The box. So it looks like this

I was expecting atleast decent build quality but it is 100% plastic. Cups don't swivel and headband barely clamps so getting a good seal is impossible.

Both wired and wireless modes sound the same. Very drowsy and boring, veiled, distant etc.

Headphones look good in pictures but other than thaIt I have nothing positive to say about plextone bt270.

I made the mistake of being sucked into a Plextone once. Once. Never again.

There’s also another brand that has good looking stuff in photos, but is horrendous. I will try and remember the name (and will update this post).

Update: It’s called Sound InTone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back