Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Sep 14, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #1,711 of 7,153
Still no international Sellers for sigva? Offtopic: If anyone has problem with their phone not getting loud enough with headphones; try poweramp app. I tried like a dozen applications so far but poweramp is The only one that Works :)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #1,712 of 7,153
Still no international Sellers for sigva? Offtopic: If anyone has problem with their phone not getting loud enough with headphones; try poweramp app. I tried like a dozen applications so far but poweramp is The only one that Works :)

That was kind of what I was waiting on. To see if there was a cheaper version, or if this went down.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #1,716 of 7,153
@Humblepie not the 1060, or 565 but I do have my 560 for sale :D

Already have that. Good luck selling them. I won't part with mine. Like them too much and they are my "first" purchase in this "audiophile" rabbit hole I jumped into.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #1,718 of 7,153
Haven't ventured in these parts of ChiFi, so a quick question - what are the <$50 kings currently? Superlux HD668B? And is there something balanced, neutral-ish, but with good isolation (closed)? Thanks!

I think ur choices are...superlux 662f, bosshifi b8(in what I've read), isk hp980( not so flat) , isk 2011 (Lil elevated on treble region)

Sep 14, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #1,719 of 7,153
Well I have updated my profile with impressions of everything I own so far.

I think ur choices are...superlux 662f, bosshifi b8(in what I've read), isk hp980( not so flat) , isk 2011 (Lil elevated on treble region)

As far as most neutral chi-fi under $50 closed back king?

Well I can't crown a winner, but I can give you a nice list.

Bosshifi B8 (slightly U shaped but mostly neutral to me) Expect to pay around $50. Stock pads work
ISK MDH8500 (blandly neutral to me) Expect to pay around $40 but stock pads are very nice
Griffin Woodtones (Like the B8's just cheaper) $20 and $13 pads
Liboer BH718 (Slightly warm over neutral but damn these sound great) Build quality is meh though) $25 for the unit. Stock pads work.

If you want something with a slight more bass emphasis though LyxHas Pro 30 set for $45 off Ebay skymall store is still one of the best buys out there IMHO.

hey guys so I just ordered bosshifi b8 and will be delivered on sept 25..I've seen some reviews telling this cans distort at loud volumes..is it true?

edit: also, are the pads removable?

I haven't had distortion I can tell. The treble will get overly harsh if you go really high on the volume though. Listening to Fury of the Storm by DragonForce as I am typing this and putting the volume as high as I can stand it. Bass kicks, mids are detailed and crisp, and the treble is just shy of earsplitting. Basic slight U shaped sound signature to me.

Stock pads on them are decent enough though

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #1,720 of 7,153
Does that have the same issue the Edition S has where closed and kills the bass?

No. I actually think it has a bit more puch when closed. Open just sounds better overall bc it's more expansive. It's a good headphone, esp for the price, but Im looking to step up

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #1,721 of 7,153
ISK MDH8500 (blandly neutral to me)

I don't remember to have seen your take on these before.
It seems that you are not impressed. Not musical enough, not engaging, using an amp with them?
Bosshifi B8 are better in your opinion?

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #1,722 of 7,153
I don't remember to have seen your take on these before.
It seems that you are not impressed. Not musical enough, not engaging, using an amp with them?
Bosshifi B8 are better in your opinion?

yes.. i too would like to know. MDH-8500 not good enough?

Sep 15, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,724 of 7,153
as far as ive read in numerous thread here in headfi mdh-8500 sound quality is as close to takstar pro80 with less bass

Got these in last night.

They are bland to me. Little less bass is right. They sound very flat to my ears. There is detail in the sound but it doesn't feel like it. Like everything is slightly muted and not as responsive. They don't sound bad. They just don't sound engaging. So pretty much I guess what you heard about. They probably sound like the pro 80s with less bass. Which is funny because I thought they might sound more like the Hyper X Clouds I got for a friend that was wanted a new gaming headset a few months ago. Those Clouds didn't sound bad at all, were easy to drive, and had decent thump. The Clouds were suppose to be based on the Takstar pro 80 as well. The MDH8500 sound overall more muted, harder to drive, and slightly rolled off on bass. There is no sub bass on these though that I can tell. I will say while the mids and treble have clarity of sound (if muted clarity) the bass lacks that same clarity to me.

They do need some amping though. Compared to my SHP9500, I had to turn the volume up from 25% low gain on the mangi 2 uber to about 40% for the same volume. Not as bad as having to switch to high gain for the 600ohm dt880 though. Most other easy to drive are around 20-25% volume on low gain for me. The harder ones like the 400i are about 50-60%. So the MDH8500 are in that harder to drive range but not as hard as the 400i

Build quality and comfort are great on these MDH8500 though stock. I really don't think anyone looking for a pair of cans would be really disappointed with them. Just make sure you have a decent amp and they will sound good. A little bit of EQ to bring the bass up and all set if you prefer slightly more bass. Those that don't like that much bass I think would enjoy the MDH8500 if they want a closed set of cans that sound "audiophile" neutral.

Side note.. opened my front door this morning before work and I have two more packages sitting there. Looks like my Sennheiser HD 206 and Philips X2 came in.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,725 of 7,153
Got these in last night.

They are bland to me. Little less bass is right. They sound very flat to my ears. There is detail in the sound but it doesn't feel like it. Like everything is slightly muted and not as responsive. They don't sound bad. They just don't sound engaging. So pretty much I guess what you heard about. They probably sound like the pro 80s with less bass. Which is funny because I thought they might sound more like the Hyper X Clouds I got for a friend that was wanted a new gaming headset a few months ago. Those Clouds didn't sound bad at all, were easy to drive, and had decent thump. The Clouds were suppose to be based on the Takstar pro 80 as well. The MDH8500 sound overall more muted, harder to drive, and slightly rolled off on bass. There is no sub bass on these though that I can tell. I will say while the mids and treble have clarity of sound (if muted clarity) the bass lacks that same clarity to me.

They do need some amping though. Compared to my SHP9500, I had to turn the volume up from 25% low gain on the mangi 2 uber to about 40% for the same volume. Not as bad as having to switch to high gain for the 600ohm dt880 though. Most other easy to drive are around 20-25% volume on low gain for me. The harder ones like the 400i are about 50-60%. So the MDH8500 are in that harder to drive range but not as hard as the 400i

Build quality and comfort are great on these MDH8500 though stock. I really don't think anyone looking for a pair of cans would be really disappointed with them. Just make sure you have a decent amp and they will sound good. A little bit of EQ to bring the bass up and all set if you prefer slightly more bass. Those that don't like that much bass I think would enjoy the MDH8500 if they want a closed set of cans that sound "audiophile" neutral.

Side note.. opened my front door this morning before work and I have two more packages sitting there. Looks like my Sennheiser HD 206 and Philips X2 came in.

Not familiar w/the HD206, but extremely familiar w/the X2s--a headphone I just love. Doesn't do everything right (not even close), but it never seems to matter since I'm relaxing & having fun whenever i listen to it.

I keep looking for really good el cheapo winners here (to add to my Marantz MHP-2s & Yenona's). Right now the only one that rings my bell is the Sivga SV007, but need to hear more about it. If I ever did get that, I would naturally compare if first and foremost to the X2s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back