Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #1,501 of 7,153
These Liboers! I have had them on all evening just letting my Cayin N3 play through album folders. Something rather mellow and airy ended and Anita Vokill - 8 Days of Dub began. I nearly jumped out of my seat. I can't believe how well this headphone is handling the insane sounds in this album. I might have to listen to this on each of my headphones even though it is not my usual thing.

I kind of expected these headphones to be a bit of a novelty item. Instead they are a seriously capable headphone.

Yah. A bit more listening and I'm amazed as well. Lets talk about the sound signature first. As I said previously, the ONLY nitpicks I could say about the sound are the following. Soft decay on the bass. I'll try my best to explain. When you have loose base with slow decay and rumble it just seems to rumble like thunder and usually fairly loud as the initial impact. The bass is slightly loose on these, but barely and its a soft decay. Meaning that if I don't actively try to pick it out, I wouldn't notice there was a longer than normal impact decay to the bass. The mids are just every so slightly recessed from neutral. I mean slightly. Again this is with me trying to pick apart the sound and if I focus on it then I can discern it. For mid vocals, those with forward mids put you on stage next to the mic. Those with neutral mids put you on front row or second row. Those with recessed mids put you third row or back. These are like 2.5 rows back. If that makes sense. Again, very nice sounding and makes sibilant tones non-existent because of that. Being row 2.5 back is NOT a bad thing. I must repeat that. Some people like being on stage, but if you do then I suggest sennheisers :) If you like sitting front row then these are basically there. They are very nice there. Last is that the sound-stage is definitely not as open as open headphones. No surprise there. If you want wide open sound stage then get a wide open headphone. The are pretty nice on sound-stage though for a closed back headphone. As for outside the normal hearing, sub bass and extensions are there too. I feel the pressure of sounds less than 20hz which is what I look for in sub bass. Mid bass is slightly elevated, but not enough to sound muddy. Treble rolls off slightly. I mean slightly. These are not bright headphones at all despite how clear they sound. Listening to bruno mars FLAC right now and loving the sound signature. I think with some thicker pads and separation they would sound even better still.

As for other aspects.

The light construction and feeling makes these comfortable to wear too. I can forget I'm wearing them easily. if I just listen to the music. There is a caveat with the construction. In my hands they feel like a cheap novelty toy. I am not sure how long these things will last, but I am certainly going to try my best to make sure these survive for a long time even as $23 headphones. The cable that comes with them feels cheap, but does the job. 3.5.mm to dual 2.5mm TRS cable. Can use your favorite hifiman cables with these which is nice. I would love to have had these drivers in a nicer housing.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #1,502 of 7,153
Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha will be released soon.

HyperX cloud 2 was Takstar Pro 80 rebrand. But this one is not a rebrand of Pro 80 or recently released Pro 82 because Pro 82 has 40mm drivers while this one is 50mm.

Wonder what they used this time.

Interesting... Guessing they just aren't putting speed holes in it then :)

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #1,506 of 7,153
@Humblepie I saw this in your list...Symphonized Wraith 2.0. What do you think of them in relation to what you were saying about the Liboers? Are they comfortable? Do you like them?

I like them. Bass is a bit more "hollow" sounding, but the price for bluetooth is the best I've found. I can seriously walk about 60ft away no problem at work from one building away from my computer and still hear music clear. I would get HM5 or Senitek pads with them. The stock earpads are garbage. I use them every day at work right now. I have a few more bluetooth headphones in the same price range, and they are all way worse than the Symphonized 2.0 wraiths. Now I have listened to sony mdr 1000x at bestbuy and they sounded nice and came with way more features.. but not digging the $300+ price tag on them. $100 or so? I'd have me a pair for sure.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #1,510 of 7,153
I am not getting them. I was just curious. Popped up as a suggestion from Amazon. They just want to sell me dozens of headphones.

Wouldn't pay the $55 on amazon. I picked mine up for $15 for one and $25 for the other. Would do it for that price in a heartbeat again. $30 or less they are well worth it.

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #1,511 of 7,153
Wouldn't pay the $55 on amazon. I picked mine up for $15 for one and $25 for the other. Would do it for that price in a heartbeat again. $30 or less they are well worth it.
Wow. On Amazon UK it was £65 which is more like $90, How did you get them for so little?

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #1,512 of 7,153
HyperX cloud 2 was Takstar Pro 80 rebrand. But this one is not a rebrand of Pro 80 or recently released Pro 82 because Pro 82 has 40mm drivers while this one is 50mm.

Wonder what they used this time.

Looks interesting.

Hopefully these sound better than the Cloud II. I have the Cloud II, and was very underwhelmed. In fact, the whole thing is still sitting NIB.

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #1,513 of 7,153
Wow. On Amazon UK it was £65 which is more like $90, How did you get them for so little?

One was sitting brand new in pawn shop for $15. Other I got off ebay. Person was selling for more but had a "make an offer/or best offer" setup for the auction. I made an offer for 25 and they accepted it.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #1,514 of 7,153
Darn crappy aliexpress sellers. I had ordered that ISK MDH8500 over a week ago. Messaged the seller about it last night finally and he/she just canceled it without asking. Guessing they don't have any actual product of it or something. Worst part is they relisted the same thing in their shop at $15 higher than when I ordered it. So not sure what that means.
Ok... so the thing is, which i'm guessing is actually happening, is that in 3 days aliexpress is having its "brand day" sale. If you notice almost all products have marked up their prices because on sale day they want to show it as if it has less price (the sale price is also listed and apparently it is same as the price previously listed). So my guess is that the seller has hiked the price expecting some people to purchase it the higher price. So he has cancelled your order and is waiting for someone to pick it up at the new price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back