Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Aug 24, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #1,487 of 7,153
Hi guys. I was looking for an alternative/upgrade/sidegrade to my some years old Superlux HD681 EVO and I found this thread!

The ones that caught particularly my attention are:

- Bosshifi B8
- Sivga SV007
- Marantz MPH-2
- Liboer BH718

How are these headphones compared to the Superlux in sound quality and signature? I saw that @mbwilson111 own all of them, including HD681 EVO, except the Marantz. Some advice from you would be very welcome! Thank in advance to everyone.

Edit: I'm not interested in the quality/price ratio. I would like to know objectively how do they perform against each other :)

I own them all except the Sivga 007, but like them all for different reasons. I'm at work, but would have to give you a better opinion when at home. That way I can write it out as I A/B compare what I do have. Going off memory of sounds, even a few hours later, is always imprecise. Sound memory is the worst memory humans have. It's the first thing that goes.

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #1,490 of 7,153
The bass on the Sivga is tighter, the mids are more lively, highs are pretty close on both. I would say the Sigva is more musical to my ears

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,491 of 7,153
Mhmm, as I have never heard (or have the chance to buy) the Sivga myself, I would probably link that to 007 semi-open design: I have open the chassis of the B8, and the lack of damping material in the headphone chassis really make it...eh, shaking with unwanted resonance in music with heavy bass. Rumble pretty bad if I say myself, and while some people might like that, I don't, so...yeah, I probably would try dampening the wooden chassis and drivers with dynamat by tomorrow and see what happens. Probably would make the bass tighter, but...eh, let's see.
More lively mid, eh? Mhm...how is the tonality on the 007? Which one you think would have the better timbre? My friend and I both like the b8 very much for its impressive timbre for classical music, although its bass leaves a little bit to be desired...

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #1,492 of 7,153
All I know is that when I listen to 007 and then put on B8 it sounds lacking or rather a bit dull

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #1,494 of 7,153
Mhmm, as I have never heard (or have the chance to buy) the Sivga myself, I would probably link that to 007 semi-open design: I have open the chassis of the B8, and the lack of damping material in the headphone chassis really make it...eh, shaking with unwanted resonance in music with heavy bass. Rumble pretty bad if I say myself, and while some people might like that, I don't, so...yeah, I probably would try dampening the wooden chassis and drivers with dynamat by tomorrow and see what happens. Probably would make the bass tighter, but...eh, let's see.
More lively mid, eh? Mhm...how is the tonality on the 007? Which one you think would have the better timbre? My friend and I both like the b8 very much for its impressive timbre for classical music, although its bass leaves a little bit to be desired...
I was looking at getting the B8 (the Akai went on sale for $18.00 and I grabbed some of those instead) before I even got them I was thinking about a damping mod similar to what I did on my NVX SPT100s. I put silly putty around the plastic housing of the driver and it really seemed to help control the bass. make it a little more defined...it wasn't deeper, that model isn't known for great quantities of bass, but it was stronger, more present. It definitely helped, so I'll be curious to see how it affects the B8

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #1,495 of 7,153
Darn crappy aliexpress sellers. I had ordered that ISK MDH8500 over a week ago. Messaged the seller about it last night finally and he/she just canceled it without asking. Guessing they don't have any actual product of it or something. Worst part is they relisted the same thing in their shop at $15 higher than when I ordered it. So not sure what that means.

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,496 of 7,153
Darn crappy aliexpress sellers. I had ordered that ISK MDH8500 over a week ago. Messaged the seller about it last night finally and he/she just canceled it without asking. Guessing they don't have any actual product of it or something. Worst part is they relisted the same thing in their shop at $15 higher than when I ordered it. So not sure what that means.

It is a sign...you don't need it right now. Lol

Aug 24, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #1,497 of 7,153
Lol, I guess I will ask for the opinion of Wilson, then: Last I remember she has both the B8 and the Sigva 007.

I will need some time - will listen to both this weekend. Right now I am happily listening with these Liboers. As HumblePie said, our sound memory is poorer than we would like to think. If you need a quick reply, I would echo what Panda said. I would also agree with you that the B8 s would be ideal for classical. I should also mention that I am sometimes treble sensitive and find the B8s slightly brighter than I normally prefer. I will also say that I probably listen to lower volume levels than many here. Apparently I have not damaged my hearing too much over the years plus it has been said that women have more acute hearing. That of course does not mean that I have the training or experience to make the detailed observations that some of you do. I usually just get lost in the music and forget to compare. Also I come from many years of using a home stereo component system with floor standing speakers. I left that behind in Michigan when I moved to the UK 11 years ago. For a long time I thought I did not like headphones. This has been an enjoyable journey.

Aug 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,499 of 7,153
These Liboers! I have had them on all evening just letting my Cayin N3 play through album folders. Something rather mellow and airy ended and Anita Vokill - 8 Days of Dub began. I nearly jumped out of my seat. I can't believe how well this headphone is handling the insane sounds in this album. I might have to listen to this on each of my headphones even though it is not my usual thing.

I kind of expected these headphones to be a bit of a novelty item. Instead they are a seriously capable headphone.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,500 of 7,153
Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha will be released soon.

hx-features-headset-cloud-alpha.jpg

pbj3d7.png

pVGUWD.png

HyperX cloud 2 was Takstar Pro 80 rebrand. But this one is not a rebrand of Pro 80 or recently released Pro 82 because Pro 82 has 40mm drivers while this one is 50mm.

Wonder what they used this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back