Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 11, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #901 of 7,153

Well ****, interesting, Google search neve netted me results. Guess bc I wasnt typing the name correctly. Strange. Groupon has them for $160.

As far as they go I've only had about 10-15 min listening time. Will do more over the next few days while I'm borrowing them. They are metal constructed so they have weight to them. They sound pretty damn good, like I said they are surprisingly bass light for being a DJ headphone. I would say similar to the 9500S but not as open stage bc closed vs open.

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #902 of 7,153
Well ****, interesting, Google search neve netted me results. Guess bc I wasnt typing the name correctly. Strange. Groupon has them for $160.

As far as they go I've only had about 10-15 min listening time. Will do more over the next few days while I'm borrowing them. They are metal constructed so they have weight to them. They sound pretty damn good, like I said they are surprisingly bass light for being a DJ headphone. I would say similar to the 9500S but not as open stage bc closed vs open.

I consider them middle of the road for bass. Not heavy, nor light. Probably the most balanced closed set I own.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #903 of 7,153
I consider them middle of the road for bass. Not heavy, nor light. Probably the most balanced closed set I own.

Upper bass Yeah that's true, sub bass though it's not very much, esp compares to my HAS-30

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #904 of 7,153
Upper bass Yeah that's true, sub bass though it's not very much, esp compares to my HAS-30

I just can't make up my mind about these headphones. I'm interested, then I'm not.

To be honest, I'm feeling an unusual thing right now: saturation/satisfaction. Between the Marantz MPH-2 (cheap & really good) and ZMF Ori (not cheap & spectacular), I'm so well covered for headphones right now.

Also have multiple new amps, more saturation/satisfaction. I'm feeling more inclined to experiment/tinker w/what I have vs adding to the stable.

That'll change, of course--and probably soon (human nature is that way).

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #906 of 7,153
Can someone recommend a bright-sounding pair with wide soundstage? Preferably without needing an amp.
Budget ~$50.

Personally have never heard any but have read that Superlux phones are pretty bright

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #908 of 7,153
I'm borrowing the Philips A5 Pro from a fellow member, they tick the bill of closed, fantastic stage that's airy, light bass and is life like natural sounding. Good luck finding them though

Thanks Lurk650 for this suggestion.
At present I have my first listening session with the A5 Pro. Quite impressed. Exactly what you mentioned / promised. Poor isolation is the only real disadvantage I can find for now. My girlfriend is complaining.

Wonder how they compare to my other purchases
Sony MDR 1000x
AKG K550
Bosshifi B8
ISK HD9999

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #909 of 7,153
Thanks Lurk650 for this suggestion.
At present I have my first listening session with the A5 Pro. Quite impressed. Exactly what you mentioned / promised. Poor isolation is the only real disadvantage I can find for now. My girlfriend is complaining.

Wonder how they compare to my other purchases
Sony MDR 1000x
AKG K550
Bosshifi B8
ISK HD9999

If you listen loud enough, there isn't much you can do about sound leaking out... Every set is a bit different here, but once you get to certain volumes, its inevitable. My V-moda m100 and Audio Technica ATH-M50X once I pass the normal volume, begin to leak a lil more and more each bump up.

Everytime I see my girlfriend bobbing her head like shes enjoying my music (she so does not! haha) I know its time to bump it down a few notches before things start flying at me lol. (completely over exaggerated the situation, besides the sound leak itself).

Just about any Headphones I've ever tried, definitely let more sound out (leak) than they let in (isolation). Actually, all, not some.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #910 of 7,153

If you listen loud enough, there isn't much you can do about sound leaking out... Every set is a bit different here, but once you get to certain volumes, its inevitable. My V-moda m100 and Audio Technica ATH-M50X once I pass the normal volume, begin to leak a lil more and more each bump up.

Everytime I see my girlfriend bobbing her head like shes enjoying my music (she so does not! haha) I know its time to bump it down a few notches before things start flying at me lol. (completely over exaggerated the situation, besides the sound leak itself).

Just about any Headphones I've ever tried, definitely let more sound out (leak) than they let in (isolation). Actually, all, not some.

Stages of the relationship:

1 - Don't want things thrown at you because of annoying headphone sound leakage

2 - Don't really mind things thrown at you             "                    "                     "

3 - Actually want things thrown at you                   "                    "                     "

4 - Death/burial

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #912 of 7,153
I'm borrowing the Philips A5 Pro from a fellow member, they tick the bill of closed, fantastic stage that's airy, light bass and is life like natural sounding. Good luck finding them though

Sorry for not referring to Chinese / Asian gear but who's looking exactly for this...

- closed build (need for isolation) but as airy and open sounding as possible

- Close to neutral and balanced signature but with a kind of "sparkle" - not looking for (very) bass enhanced models

- very good resolution and micro details

- natural sounding (guitars and voices should sounds most like they are in real)

- good or very good soundstage

- no matter if wired or wireless, NC or whatever.

- no Superlux recommendations please as I already tested many of them and was not satisfied

- comfortable with ergonomic and "over ear" (and replacable) earpads

- Price up to 300€

...consider the Philips A5 Pro

Thx again to Lurk650. This was nearly a 100% suiting recommendation.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #913 of 7,153
...consider the Philips A5 Pro

Thx again to Lurk650. This was nearly a 100% suiting recommendation.

Hey, if they're good enough for Armin VB, they're good enough for anyone!

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #915 of 7,153
What extra drivers do you have and where could I pick  some up? I picked up some broken sony wireless headphons and I was looking to do a driver swap with some good drivers

What is the model of Sony?

What size drivers are you looking for?

Are the Sonys open or closed?

Do you know the impedance of the stock drivers?

What music styles do you like?

Are you a basshead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back