Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Mar 13, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #811 of 7,153
any info on the ty hi-z full size headphones?

link

The housings are the same as MSUR/Bosshifi uses. I'd guess the big question is what they've put inside them: the same beryllium coated drivers as the others or something new?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/797683/msur-n650-n550-n350-any-experience

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #815 of 7,153
Hello people, it seems that I'll be getting a pair of headphones from Ali, and I'm between the ISK MDH9000 and the ISK HD9999.
I'm currently using a pair of Superlux HD681 EVO and I would like something more balanced (a little less bassy). If anyone here could compare any MDH9000 clone with the Superlux it would be very helpful.
The mdh9000 clones are wonderful, but they do have a little bass hump that is quite tasteful in my opinion. Not sloppy or boomy. I prefer them over most of my other phones for enjoying music. Plus they are built well and comfy. The freeboss variant on Amazon is the cheapest right now, but the prices keep fluctuating

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #816 of 7,153
Finally received my isk HP-580. They're outstanding for such a cheap price. Superlux HD681 EVO stand no chance against them.
While the EVO have warm sound signature with somewhat bloated bass, the HP-580 are crystal-clear, with good clarity. Instrument placement is better on the HP-580, just a little bit. Having brighter sound signature makes the HP-580 sound more airy, while not having any irriating peak or sibilance. Bass performance is similar with my friend's AKG K242 HD, punchy and goes deep. Their sound signature is likely V-shaped with elevated bass and treble, while having no bloating, no sibilance. 
The HP-580 are very comfortable, even just out of the box, they fit just right thanks to the K240's design.
BTW: The new Presonus HD7 look very similar to isk HP-580.
http://www-media-presonus.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/products/media/images/presonus_hd7-side2_big.jpg
https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/2385602954/TB29_UcpXXXXXXEXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!2385602954.jpg

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #817 of 7,153
[size=13px !important]my latest chinese headphone is the takstar 671, after a rocky start they are now one of my go to headphones.[/size]
[size=13px !important]Learned a lesson buying from ebay but that was resolved.  These headphones are great for their wide soundstage and comfort. Perfect for film and tv, and if I dont need isolation or better bass ill choose them over the dt770 80.[/size]

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #818 of 7,153
Got the HP2011's today, so gonna do a quick comparison vs Somic v2. It's a bit unfair since they don't have any burn-in, whilst the Somic have been used for a year. 
So right off the bat, 2011's are brighter and more neutral whilst the V2's are warmer and more intimate.

Bass response is fairly similar, V2's extend deep and have more sub-bass but they sometimes bleed into mids, 2011's extend similarly deep but without any bleed and with less sub-bass. I can hear the same bass notes on both of them, but the V2's seem punchier. Mids sound more natural and airy on 2011's, V2's are noticeably warmer and a bit grainy. Treble is better on 2011's, somic rolls off earlier and isn't as emphasized as the 2011's. 

Soundstage and instrument separation is better on the 2011's. 

Build quality is pretty similar, they both have some quirks, but for the price they're exceptional. 2011's are more comfortable if you don't have a larger head.

2011's are harder to drive, they need more volume on my setup (Xonar DG and Asrock purity sound 3 on my MB)

All in all I think the 2011's are an upgrade over the Somics if you want something with a more balanced sound. They're around the same price which is great, and if you want a more "fun" shaped sound with a warmer and bassier sound signature you can always pick up the Somics. Detailing is still relatively close.

My current opinion having used these headphones is something like this: HP2011>Somic v2>Somic MH463>Takstar Pro 80>CAL. It's up to preference on what kind of signature you want, and for 40$ each they're exceptional. I think I'll keep using the 2011's over the V2.

EDIT: Did more thorough testing, updated the comparison a bit.

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #819 of 7,153
guys one question

Is it possible that the yenona earpads do not cover my ears completely ?

i got the size of them and the innner circle is 5.2 cm

i measured my ears from the earlobe up with a ruler and they are around 6 cm by looking them in the mirror.

Would you like to share your views on that?  the problem is that my ears are not rounded! the height of my ears is around 6 cm.
So i believe that with 5.2 cm the memory foam of the pads will cover a bit part of my outer ear.

Is this a problem?

Thanks again

can anyone tell me the ISK MDH9000 earpad dimensions?

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #820 of 7,153
  guys one question

Is it possible that the yenona earpads do not cover my ears?

i got the size of them and the innner circle is 5.2 cm

i measured my ears from the earlobe up with a ruler and they are around 6 cm by looking them in the mirror.

Would you like to share your views on that?

Thanks again

can anyone tell me the ISK MDH9000 earpad dimensions?

Do you have the Yenona's, or you're just investigating whether to get them or one of the ISK MDH9000 clones?

I don't have the stock pads on my Yenona's, so not easy to confirm your measurement. But I would just say this: whatever the measurement is when you're not wearing the headphones, it probably changes when you put them on & the earpads press in (every headphone has a different static clamping pressure; the Yenona's is pretty low). I suspect your 5.2cm measurement would spread out somewhat when you wear the HPs. In any case, the difference between 5.2cm and 5.5cm (.3cm) -- is less than 1/8". So I don't think you should spend too much time thinking about this.

I measured the earpad opening of my Marantz MDH-2's, one of the ISK MDH clones (they're identical physically except for minor cosmetic accents): it's 5.5cm.

I have pretty big ears, and they fit quite comfortably in the stock Yenona & Marantz MDH-2 earpads. That is to say, I experience both sets of earpads as being comfortable, and if the inside of either ear is touching any part of my ears, I guess it must be OK since the thought of earpad comfort never crosses my mind (except to think, "That feels pretty good"). IMO, beyond measurements, the worst thing earpads can do is let your ears touch the drivers, and that doesn't happen for me w/either headphone.

If you get either headphone, you could easily put on Brainwavz HM5 "extra thick" pads, which tend to be somewhat oval and have a little more earhole space. The HM5s on my Yenona's measure ~5.4cm X 6.75cm, inside earhole. The do change the sound in subtle ways, but if ultimate comfort is your goal, that's a way to get it.

If you haven't purchased either headphone yet and are trying to figure out which, well, you can't go wrong--they're both very good headphones that perform well above their cost. I slightly prefer the Marantz MPH-2's/ISK MDH 9000 clones, since they're a little flatter & better controlled, overall. Very balanced and good sounding. By contrast, the Yenona is a little more V-shaped and "fun" w/real bouncy bass.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #822 of 7,153
I'm looking for cans that I can fold and put in a bag, that provide good isolation, and sound quality that is not inferior to the Sennheiser PX100-II that broke on me. I already have the AKG K553 for home and I love 'em.

Edit: I listen mostly to progressive rock

What broke on the PX100-II? If just the headband broke, can you transplant the drivers into something else?

You may consider the Meizu HD50. On-ear (but most comfy on-ear I own). They are closed, so they provide way better isolation than the PX100. Rock sounds warm and smooth treble. Have 40mm hybrid bio-cellulose drivers. They are going to have more a little more bass and slightly recessed mids vs the Sennheisers. The HD50 is built like a tank - everything is aluminum including the cups and hinges. Comes with a nice storage/carry case, and while they are not as compact as the Sennheiser, they have way more padding and are way beefier than the fragile plastic Senns. The HD50 folds up to be extremely portable:

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #823 of 7,153
Well over the past week I auditioned three sub $100 BT headphones:

Cowin E7 ($70)
Ausdom AH2 ($37)
Philips SHB5500 ($40)

In short, the Cowin has sleek styling and good isolation due to being over ear, it's sound was mediocre, suffers with clarity. Returned.

The Ausdom looks cool but it's heavily colored in the sound, vocals did not sound normal at all. Returned.

The Philips are the most cheap looking of the bunch, but as Philips has once again proven they make some quality bang for buck sounding gear. I have the 3590 iems and 9500S open back cans, both are very good. The 5500 is very lightweight which is great bc Im using this for walking/working out. They are on ear so isolation isn't great and ears get hot, I can live with it though. The sound is darn good out of them, nice lows with no bleed, mids have good clarity and highs have enough sparkle to sound crisp. Stage is decent. Now what I did for fun is cut up a piece of ethernet cable to fit in each cup to lift the pads up then I put tissue paper stuffed under too. The result is a better surround stage and bass seems to extend a bit more.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #825 of 7,153

Your question triggered a memory of a similar pair of headphones. It's the Lasmex L-85. No idea if that's an earlier iteration of the L-90, or something totally different (it looks extremely similar). The L-85 was discussed in this HF thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/817590/lasmex-l-85-headphones

(L-85 didn't sound very promising in that thread)

Here's the Lasmex website...it doesn't even list the L-90 (though it does list the L-85): http://www.lasmex.com/en/web/pros.asp?bid=10&id=10

Note about the pads on both these models: it's only the 2nd time I've seen pleather pads that are perfectly oval/circular on the outer diameter, with an ear opening that's oval. IMO that's a really interesting/promising feature. My Status Audio CB-1's have something similar, though its pads are even more complicated--deeper that the Laxmex HPs (~1" total depth), and featuring a slight angle, w/the dimensions of the L & R outside (ie, the L & R outsides parallel to the vertical/oval earhole) being maximum depth, and the midline being a little shallower. I think those pads are the best thing about the CB-1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back