Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Mar 1, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #751 of 7,153

i asked about the weight if you do a lot of hours listening to music, maybe there is head fatigue
tongue.gif

apart from you that said the sound changed unexpectedly, has anyone else noticed sibilance with the YENONA ?

it is important to know. Its one thing of the phone not being very balanced as the lyxpro and another to be sibilant.

Oh, I understand. No, can't remember any head fatigue at all. They're just not very heavy.

Then again, I have a large head and seem immune to weight of headphones: the ZMF Ori, which is ~35%-45% heavier than the ISK MDH9000 clones, feels totally fine to me, no matter how long I listen.

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #752 of 7,153

i asked about the weight if you do a lot of hours listening to music, maybe there is head fatigue
tongue.gif

apart from you that said the sound changed unexpectedly, has anyone else noticed sibilance with the YENONA ?

it is important to know. Its one thing of the phone not being very balanced as the lyxpro and another to be sibilant.

Forgot to mention this: even when my Yenona's got brighter, they were never actually sibbilant-sounding....you know, where the "S's" in women's vioices become intolerable. 

Instead, it sounded as if the upper midrange and treble had a broad 3 dB elevation (just guessing...that's how it sounded to me).

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #753 of 7,153
Can you guys recommend a new pair of headphones? I haven't kept up with chinese threads too much because I've been busy, but I'm looking for something new. So far I've had Takstar Pro80 and Somic V2 & MH463 (relatively similar sound).

Unfortunately as good as the Somic V2 sounds to me, the cups keep unscrewing (the plastic broke) and now I have to use a tiny screwdriver and manually screw them in every week or so, so I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. I was eyeing the Oneodio/Yenona pair but was wondering if any of you can directly compare them to the Pro 80's or the Somic's.

I'm looking for something as neutral as possible for the price but with a little bit of emphasis on the bass, without sacrificing the mids too much, decent soundstage and not over 50$ on aliexpress etc. since I'm from europe. Basically a fun sound signature with clarity and decent soundstage. For reference, the Pro 80's were lacking in the bass department just a little bit, and the Somics were better in that regard, but the highs were a bit sibilant at times. The somics also sounded a bit more detailed to me. Thanks

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #754 of 7,153
Can you guys recommend a new pair of headphones? I haven't kept up with chinese threads too much because I've been busy, but I'm looking for something new. So far I've had Takstar Pro80 and Somic V2 & MH463 (relatively similar sound).

Unfortunately as good as the Somic V2 sounds to me, the cups keep unscrewing (the plastic broke) and now I have to use a tiny screwdriver and manually screw them in every week or so, so I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. I was eyeing the Oneodio/Yenona pair but was wondering if any of you can directly compare them to the Pro 80's or the Somic's.

I'm looking for something as neutral as possible for the price but with a little bit of emphasis on the bass, without sacrificing the mids too much, decent soundstage and not over 50$ on aliexpress etc. since I'm from europe. Basically a fun sound signature with clarity and decent soundstage. For reference, the Pro 80's were lacking in the bass department just a little bit, and the Somics were better in that regard, but the highs were a bit sibilant at times. The somics also sounded a bit more detailed to me. Thanks

HAS30 if you can get em. Good bass emphasis, mids may have a bit of recession but not very much, highs are clear but not overbearing. Stage is surprisingly really good IMO. Please note, I am also using Hybrid HM5 pads

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #755 of 7,153
Unfortunately I can't find them or any of the rebrands for the max. 50$ incl. shipping. They're around 65$ but I'm on a budget. How do the Yenona's compare to them in your opinion? I doubt there's many more options for that price in terms of clarity. Also they don't need to be bass heavy, I just prefer a bit of oomph compared to the flatness coming from Pro 80's. Hopefully clarity and detail is better or the same as the Somics.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #756 of 7,153
Unfortunately I can't find them or any of the rebrands for the max. 50$ incl. shipping. They're around 65$ but I'm on a budget. How do the Yenona's compare to them in your opinion? I doubt there's many more options for that price in terms of clarity. Also they don't need to be bass heavy, I just prefer a bit of oomph compared to the flatness coming from Pro 80's. Hopefully clarity and detail is better or the same as the Somics.

the lyxpro has 30 are the same as the ISK MDH9000

and on aliexpress are for $55 still $5 above your max

the FR is this

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/lightbox/post/13299703/id/1827584

so you have bass high, mids low, highs in between bass and mids but not much to call them bright.

I would say they have a tendency towards the bass region overall

you may like the ISK HP2011 on aliexpress cost $41

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #757 of 7,153
WOW

please tell me your thoughts on that.

i am between the yenona. isk mdh9000/lyxpro has-30 and isk hp2011

This is the first headphone i own hence i cant compare with anything except my buds and IEMs. OOTB impressions are that the sound is distant (due to form) the trebles arent harsh, mids are decent with shallow bass. I havent really gave a good listen to the details and seperation (IEM Katowice was ongoing and i was distracted) and only have like 2hrs with it.

The pads are comfortable but being a closed back it is abit warm inside and sweating is a potential problem. The size is big enough to cover my ears which is good and other than comfortable i cant find other words to describe it.

The body is made up of plastic and has a cheap feel but hey, its 40usd so i am cool with it. It looks nice except the colour combi and would be classier if its totally black.

I am gonna burn in the headphone and also burn in my brain. So wait for me to post better and in depth impression with my limited head fi vocab next week!

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #758 of 7,153
This is the first headphone i own hence i cant compare with anything except my buds and IEMs. OOTB impressions are that the sound is distant (due to form) the trebles arent harsh, mids are decent with shallow bass. I havent really gave a good listen to the details and seperation (IEM Katowice was ongoing and i was distracted) and only have like 2hrs with it.

The pads are comfortable but being a closed back it is abit warm inside and sweating is a potential problem. The size is big enough to cover my ears which is good and other than comfortable i cant find other words to describe it.

The body is made up of plastic and has a cheap feel but hey, its 40usd so i am cool with it. It looks nice except the colour combi and would be classier if its totally black.

I am gonna burn in the headphone and also burn in my brain. So wait for me to post better and in depth impression with my limited head fi vocab next week!

thanks for your first input.

If you can please try the following songs to tell me if there is anything concerning sibilance, are the phones being too bright/harsh, performance etc.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLxNnas0Dck

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTSmtKDvnWQ

3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMyo8I8AKmY

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #759 of 7,153
thanks for your first input.

If you can please try the following songs to tell me if there is anything concerning sibilance, are the phones being too bright/harsh, performance etc.

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLxNnas0Dck

2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTSmtKDvnWQ

3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMyo8I8AKmY

Thanks!

Probably gotta wait bro, 11pm local time and i am still stucked at work waiting for the ERP program to run some instructions. If i can get home soon i will give them a listen :)

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #761 of 7,153

the lyxpro has 30 are the same as the ISK MDH9000

and on aliexpress are for $55 still $5 above your max

the FR is this

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/lightbox/post/13299703/id/1827584

so you have bass high, mids low, highs in between bass and mids but not much to call them bright.

I would say they have a tendency towards the bass region overall

you may like the ISK HP2011 on aliexpress cost $41

Thanks, so the HP2011 uses the Takstar shell but I'm guessing the sound is different? I saw in another thread that the HP2011's are better than both 2050 and Pro 80's from Takstar which I used to have. Still not sure which one's to choose, hopefully someone can compare HP2011 to Yenona's and MDH9000 so I can make a choice. Also I can't seem to find anyone who had the Somic's and any of the 3 I mentioned so no real comparison to make unfortunately. I would buy the Somic's again since my first pair (MH463)  didn't have that build quality issue but I don't want to be stuck with the same problem again.

To me the Pro 80's sounded warmer and more intimate, while the Somic V2's have a bigger soundstage and more clarity with slightly more bass and brighter highs. I'm kinda looking for something inbetween these two, warmer sounding but with decent soundstage and detailing. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #762 of 7,153
@FarCry, that's some really dope music right there.

Firstly, i am not a treble sensitive person hence i dont find them too harsh however its still abit fatiguing to listen to the whole of the Enya song. Sibilance is not an issue imo. (Edit: i was listening to song other songs and the "S" sound emerge, hmmmm)

Overall presentation is clear and detailed, with good layering of music. That's all i can say for now but it really gives a new dimension listining to my favourite songs
L3000.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #763 of 7,153

To me the Pro 80's sounded warmer and more intimate, while the Somic V2's have a bigger soundstage and more clarity with slightly more bass and brighter highs. I'm kinda looking for something inbetween these two, warmer sounding but with decent soundstage and detailing. 

@FarCry, that's some really dope music right there.

Firstly, i am not a treble sensitive person hence i dont find them too harsh however its still abit fatiguing to listen to the whole of the Enya song. Sibilance is not an issue imo. (Edit: i was listening to song other songs and the "S" sound emerge, hmmmm)

Overall presentation is clear and detailed, with good layering of music. That's all i can say for now but it really gives a new dimension listining to my favourite songs
L3000.gif

From the FR graph of ISK HP 2011 overall the balance is towards the treble where as ISK MDH9000 is towards the bass

That is why i asked about being harsh/bright/ sibilant for the ISK HP2011

the pro 80 FR is kind of V shaped where the mids are go down a lot.

I cannot find an FR graph for the yenona and that is an issue.

Can someone that has the yenona tell us concerning the songs/music i quoted to tell us his impressions?

thanks everyone

based only from the FR graphs are would say that the HP2011 and LYXPRO/MDH9000 are better than the pro 80 because they are not V shaped

but i dont know anything about the yenona damn! we need some input from people that have the yenona.

Also the coiled cable is worse than a straight one. people stated the same for MDH9000 and HD9999. the same i believe is true also with the yenona, where someone said he used an aftermarket straight cable and the sound got better. It increases the impedance

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #764 of 7,153

From the FR graph of ISK HP 2011 overall the balance is towards the treble where as ISK MDH9000 is towards the bass

That is why i asked about being harsh/bright/ sibilant for the ISK HP2011

the pro 80 FR is kind of V shaped where the mids are go down a lot.

I cannot find an FR graph for the yenona and that is an issue.

Can someone that has the yenona tell us concerning the songs/music i quoted to tell us his impressions?

thanks everyone

based only from the FR graphs are would say that the HP2011 and LYXPRO/MDH9000 are better than the pro 80 because they are not V shaped

but i dont know anything about the yenona damn! we need some input from people that have the yenona

Well, I have (and really like) both the Yenona's and Marantz MPH-2's (my pick of the ISK MDH9000 rebrands). At the moment I have the flu, which makes headphone listening pretty much impossible.

When I come out of it, I'll try your url's. But I have my own very well-tested, effective lists of cuts that reveal things like brightness, sibbilance, bass quantity/quality, dynamics, pace, etc. Doubt I'll find out anything about the Yenona's that I don't already know.

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #765 of 7,153

Well, I have (and really like) both the Yenona's and Marantz MPH-2's (my pick of the ISK MDH9000 rebrands). At the moment I have the flu, which makes headphone listening pretty much impossible.

When I come out of it, I'll try your url's. But I have my own very well-tested, effective lists of cuts that reveal things like brightness, sibbilance, bass quantity/quality, dynamics, pace, etc. Doubt I'll find out anything about the Yenona's that I don't already know.

my concern about the yenona is if they are towards the bass overall as the maratz , or towards the treble and if you experience a V shape sound for the mids.

how close are to the maratz sound wise?

and wish you good health of course :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back