Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #706 of 7,153
Yeah for $20 shipped on Amazon its tempting but I just have no need, I ended up gifting my Yenona to my friend. The LyxPro and Philips SHP9500S are all I need for cans right now

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #707 of 7,153

Never heard any Beyerdynamic headphones. Another Head-Fi'er tried to trade me one of the models 4-5 months ago. However, I've read too many comments about their treble-emphasis to want to go down that road. [Sorry, Beyerdymanic fans--no slur intended. I'm extremely averse to even slight emphasis in treble and/or upper midrange].

There is one Beyerdynamic HP that really interests me: the relatively new "Amiron Home" model (see review). But it lists for $600, and even the street price of ~$550 is 5-6X the going rate of most headphones discussed here...

Re the ISK/LyxPro/Marantz, etc. My experience w/the LyxPro HAS-30 & Marantz MPH-2 (2 samples of that--gave the 1st as a gift) is that all the rebrands of the ISK MDH9000 sound pretty much identical. And they look 95% identical, too (differing only in slight things that are purely cosmetic). So if you elect to go that route, you can buy whichever rebrand (or original model) happens to be cheapest.

If you're getting a CB-1, I hope you enjoy it & look forward to any sound impressions you feel like posting.

Thanks for responding. Since you have most of the variations, are the CB1s lighter than the ISKs and how about portability?

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #708 of 7,153

Thanks for responding. Since you have most of the variations, are the CB1s lighter than the ISKs and how about portability?

I don't have the specifications of these headphones in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the CB-1's are somewhat lighter than the ISK clones. Whatever the weight difference is, It's small/minor.

As for portability, all the ISK clones are foldable, as are the CB-1's. The CB-1 ships w/2 cables, 1 coiled/good for portable applications. The ISK clones all differ in this regard: some ship w/1 cable only, others w/2 cables.

The CB-1's appear slightly smaller overall than the ISK clones (not exactly sure why, but I've had them side-by-side). And that helps w/portability.

I guess the edge goes to the CB-1's for portability, but it's not a big difference at all.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #709 of 7,153
Makes sense, sorry one last question for you since you have them side my side. In terms of comfort, are the angled ear pads on the CB1 better than the pads on the isk? The smaller size would definitely help me as I have a small head... The only thing I have to decide is whether to wait the 30-60 days estimate that aliexpress quotes.. But then I've also heard delays from status audio to Canada. But probably not as long hopefully..

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #710 of 7,153
Sometimes angled pads lead to an uncertain fit & seal (very headphone dependent). But the CB-1's earpads are very cleverly designed--they have a wider opening inside than usual, and somehow it all comes together. I didn't listen to mine very long, but I remember not even thinking about the pads once they were settled on my head. Very comfortable design w/adequate depth to avoid ears-on-drivers.

The ISK clones all have earpads that I find to be very comfortable: non-angled, relatively deep (1 1/8th inch or so), with relatively thick pleather that just works for me. I tried changing pads on the LyxPro HAS-30's and got pretty decent results w/HM5s, non-angled. But I ended up reverting to stock pads...they're hard to beat.

I have a very large head, and I found both headphones to be quite comfortable. The main difference (remember the CB-1's are just a bit smaller) is that the earcups don't extend quite as far in the absolute sense: I had them fully extended, which isn't the case for the ISK clones. They still fit well, despite that. If your head is smaller than mine (sure sounds like it), you'll never even notice.

You seem to be going to quite a lot of trouble to get CB-1's. I do have a pair F.S.

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #711 of 7,153
@crabdog I should have the "Leidchen" in hands Wednesday night, will let you know my initial impressions.  I'm really hoping these are obscure enough that they aren't already having issues with fakes.

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #712 of 7,153
  @crabdog I should have the "Leidchen" in hands Wednesday night, will let you know my initial impressions.  I'm really hoping these are obscure enough that they aren't already having issues with fakes.

Can't wait
biggrin.gif

I want those so I can use the pads as pillows

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #713 of 7,153
Hehe, I wonder if they'll give the old Sony pillows a run for their money.  I still have my XB500, and might jokingly compare/contrast pillows.

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #714 of 7,153
Feb 22, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #715 of 7,153
@Nachash @crabdog Well I have the "Leidchen" in, and will assume they're just a rebrand.  Keeping in mind I've been listening to a ton of TOTL earbuds lately, these come off as fairly bassy but by no means basshead cans.  Vocals are forward enough to keep up with the bass, but depending on the recording might fall into the background.  There isn't a feeling of veil with the vocals either so far, which I appreciate.  Guitar can feel a little bit in the background at times compared to other setups, but still sounds good.  None of my test tracks are great for treble, but I don't hear anything that indicates these to either be heavy or light.  Details feel a little bit less than I'm used to, but are still respectable, especially considering I paid barely over $20 shipped.  It's been a long time since I've listened to a budget headphone, so keep that in mind with all comments.  Oh, and the thing that I'm sure someone's curious about.  With the suspension strap and pillow pads, they're certainly comfortable!  I'd rate my Sennheiser HD700 as more comfortable as those disappear after a little bit, but these cause zero discomfort.  You can just feel the pressure from clamp in my case.

My conclusion is whether or not these are legit Leidchen, they're worth what I paid and more.  They're fun, engaging, and were amazon prime so very quickly received.  My only complaint is I wish they included an adapter as the mic & audio are separate jacks.  They're 35 ohm, but gobble power as they need roughly the same amount of juice as my 320 ohm VE Zen 1.

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #716 of 7,153
  @Nachash @crabdog Well I have the "Leidchen" in, and will assume they're just a rebrand.  Keeping in mind I've been listening to a ton of TOTL earbuds lately, these come off as fairly bassy but by no means basshead cans.  Vocals are forward enough to keep up with the bass, but depending on the recording might fall into the background.  There isn't a feeling of veil with the vocals either so far, which I appreciate.  Guitar can feel a little bit in the background at times compared to other setups, but still sounds good.  None of my test tracks are great for treble, but I don't hear anything that indicates these to either be heavy or light.  Details feel a little bit less than I'm used to, but are still respectable, especially considering I paid barely over $20 shipped.  It's been a long time since I've listened to a budget headphone, so keep that in mind with all comments.  Oh, and the thing that I'm sure someone's curious about.  With the suspension strap and pillow pads, they're certainly comfortable!  I'd rate my Sennheiser HD700 as more comfortable as those disappear after a little bit, but these cause zero discomfort.  You can just feel the pressure from clamp in my case.

My conclusion is whether or not these are legit Leidchen, they're worth what I paid and more.  They're fun, engaging, and were amazon prime so very quickly received.  My only complaint is I wish they included an adapter as the mic & audio are separate jacks.  They're 35 ohm, but gobble power as they need roughly the same amount of juice as my 320 ohm VE Zen 1.

Awesome thanks for the info. I'm glad they're working out ok for you. By the way, I spoke to a rep a while back and he told me that they are opening a US office in Boston early this year so things could get interesting.

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #717 of 7,153

Thanks for the review, you've convinced me to order a pair too. Was looking for a cheap pair of comfortable headphones, and these seem to fit the bill.

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #719 of 7,153
On the amazon product page there is a option for "special offers for this item", there it says use the code OSGLMCA8 for 40% off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back