Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 20, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #691 of 7,153
Has anyone picked up one of the Leidchen headphones? I know we discussed them shortly recently, but can't remember if someone decided to try it out.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #692 of 7,153
Has anyone picked up one of the Leidchen headphones? I know we discussed them shortly recently, but can't remember if someone decided to try it out.

Almost did but the frustration of using the X1ii turned me towards saving for another DAP.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #694 of 7,153
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWPC7N0 appears to be the same as the Mark 3, shall I give it a try?

Gah I dunno. Looks weird to me. They're completely different from the Blue and Black+Red. If it's the Liedchen though would be a great price.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #695 of 7,153
Gah I dunno. Looks weird to me. They're completely different from the Blue and Black+Red. If it's the Liedchen though would be a great price.

Well, found a coupon for it so just over $20. I figure even if it's horrid there's no big loss.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #696 of 7,153

Aah hey Pharmaboy :) The AKGs don't have a removable cable, and comes with a fairly long one so that would be an issue. And you are absolutely bang on, they look and are pretty big so changing the pads would be difficult; in fact I was just watching a Z-Reviews video who couldn't find a pair of pads that could fit them or at least didn't have one on hand, he has a lot of pads so that speaks for itself.

Marantz is more expensive than Status Audio phones in Canada by about $30-40. I found the ISKs on aliexpress for US$56 that's about $73 per XE.com so that's not a bad price. LyxPro on Amazon CA is approx $120.
So as it sounds like the AKGs are off the list

But I really may consider going to a music store and trying a set, it's been a few years since I owned the Sony 7506s and listened to a good quality over the ear headphones; I'm no audiophile or have much experience with audio quality per say, I just want something for music listening when traveling.
Let's put it this way, if I can't go to a store, I'm buying the CB-1s and since it's Amazon and they do have returns, I'll return them and possibly buy the Yenonas if I find the CB1s less bassy per say.

In terms of AT headphones, people prefer the M40x as they sound better and less bassy than the M50Xs, say if they go down in price a lot or if I can find a used pair, I may by those as well and compare between the CB1s.

I just remembered, lots of people also mention the Beyerdynamic DT770s 32ohm version, what are you opinions on those?

Never heard any Beyerdynamic headphones. Another Head-Fi'er tried to trade me one of the models 4-5 months ago. However, I've read too many comments about their treble-emphasis to want to go down that road. [Sorry, Beyerdymanic fans--no slur intended. I'm extremely averse to even slight emphasis in treble and/or upper midrange].

There is one Beyerdynamic HP that really interests me: the relatively new "Amiron Home" model (see review). But it lists for $600, and even the street price of ~$550 is 5-6X the going rate of most headphones discussed here...

Re the ISK/LyxPro/Marantz, etc. My experience w/the LyxPro HAS-30 & Marantz MPH-2 (2 samples of that--gave the 1st as a gift) is that all the rebrands of the ISK MDH9000 sound pretty much identical. And they look 95% identical, too (differing only in slight things that are purely cosmetic). So if you elect to go that route, you can buy whichever rebrand (or original model) happens to be cheapest.

If you're getting a CB-1, I hope you enjoy it & look forward to any sound impressions you feel like posting.

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #698 of 7,153
Feb 20, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #699 of 7,153
Feb 20, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #700 of 7,153

For real? Very interesting...

How did you find their treble? Had you ever heard any other Beyerdynamic HPs that you could compare them to?

The reviews are sky-high on this model. Apparently Beyer hit the tonal "sweet spot" here.

I hadn't heard the older ones but I recently reviewed T5P 2nd gen and T1 2nd gen. Seems like beyerdynamic have done away with ye treble of old and the current gen all have fantastic smooth treble (maintaining great extension, detail and timbre). The Amiron Home performs remarkably well compared to the T1 2nd gen which is roughly double the price.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #702 of 7,153
  I hadn't heard the older ones but I recently reviewed T5P 2nd gen and T1 2nd gen. Seems like beyerdynamic have done away with ye treble of old and the current gen all have fantastic smooth treble (maintaining great extension, detail and timbre). The Amiron Home performs remarkably well compared to the T1 2nd gen which is roughly double the price.

(at the risk of getting off topic)

Damn--seems i have to take this headphone seriously! it goes on the short-list (w/EM-U Teaks) of "headphones I'm interested in (though I have too many already)"

(thanks for your comments)

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #703 of 7,153

Never heard any Beyerdynamic headphones. Another Head-Fi'er tried to trade me one of the models 4-5 months ago. However, I've read too many comments about their treble-emphasis to want to go down that road. [Sorry, Beyerdymanic fans--no slur intended. I'm extremely averse to even slight emphasis in treble and/or upper midrange].

There is one Beyerdynamic HP that really interests me: the relatively new "Amiron Home" model (see review). But it lists for $600, and even the street price of ~$550 is 5-6X the going rate of most headphones discussed here...

Re the ISK/LyxPro/Marantz, etc. My experience w/the LyxPro HAS-30 & Marantz MPH-2 (2 samples of that--gave the 1st as a gift) is that all the rebrands of the ISK MDH9000 sound pretty much identical. And they look 95% identical, too (differing only in slight things that are purely cosmetic). So if you elect to go that route, you can buy whichever rebrand (or original model) happens to be cheapest.

If you're getting a CB-1, I hope you enjoy it & look forward to any sound impressions you feel like posting.

You really need to try the DT150!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWPC7N0 appears to be the same as the Mark 3, shall I give it a try?

Those pads are beautiful

Feb 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #704 of 7,153
The case that comes with the Kinden version of the B8 is selling as  JHGJ carrying case for $20... so I would say even if you don't want the case, worth getting that version and selling/gifting it.. overall saving a few bucks somehow in the long run!

Feb 20, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #705 of 7,153
Those Liedchen/DIZA100 are available on the Italian amzn as well, if it wasn't for the LyxPro and the He400i I would've grabbed one to hear if it was worth it, unfortunately I'm out of funds
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back