Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 19, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #5,941 of 7,153
So, after spending some listening time with Behringer BH-470...

I`m surprised...

To me they sound better than Superlux HD-672 right out of the box. No overdone lower treble like HD-672 has (with velour pads).
With stock silicone pads HD-672 lower-treble exaggeration is kind of disguised but still there. With velour pads it`s well noticeable.
But... about BH-470 - I was afraid 400-600Hz little bump will be too noticeable and make it "boomy", but I was pleasantly surprised - it is natural and coherent sounding HP!
BH-470 is not super-detailed but not muddy or boomy either. And for closed can it had pretty good soundstage and channel separation along with good imaging.
Have to listen more after cable change (which is imho only lousy thing about this HP).
I opened up my BH-470 completely and changed also wires going through headband with quality van-damme cable.
Stock cable has two faults for me:
1) stupidious springy part of cable - I really hate this kind of cable style
2) stock cable has VERY thin wires inside - like cheap IEM cables have (main reason I opened up my BH-470).

Along with cable change I have already added some extra damping to reduce plastic housing resonances and enhance sound isolation, which by stock is also pretty great already.

Everything considered - BEST BANG FOR BUCK closed HPs I have had so far! The quality, looks and comfort for 20€ is off the charts for me.
All my 3 co-workers at office are amazed by sound quality and looks for 20€, so, they all ordered one for themselves too :)

Will be back soon with more pics and impressions.

But You can`t go wrong with this headphone if You are on budget and wish for closed good quality set.
Recommended buy from me :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #5,942 of 7,153

I`m surprised...

To me they sound better than Superlux HD-672 right out of the box. No overdone lower treble like HD-672 has (with velour pads).
With stock silicone pads HD-672 lower-treble exaggeration is kind of disguised but still there. With velour pads it`s well noticeable.
But... about BH-470 - I was afraid 400-600Hz little bump will be too noticeable and make it "boomy", but I was pleasantly surprised - it is natural and coherent sounding HP!
BH-470 is not super-detailed but not muddy or boomy either. And for closed can it had pretty good soundstage and channel separation along with good imaging.
Have to listen more after cable change (which is imho only lousy thing about this HP).
I opened up my BH-470 completely and changed also wires going through headband with quality van-damme cable.
2) stock cable has VERY thin wires inside - like cheap IEM cables have (main reason I opened up my BH-470).

Along with cable change I have already added some extra damping to reduce plastic housing resonances and enhance sound isolation, which by stock is also pretty great already.

Everything considered - BEST BANG FOR BUCK closed HPs I have had so far! The quality, looks and comfort for 20€ is off the charts for me.
All my 3 co-workers at office are amazed by sound quality and looks for 20€, so, they all ordered one for themselves too :)

But You can`t go wrong with this headphone if You are on budget and wish for closed good quality set.
They look remarkably like the Takstar Pro 82, at least the shell does (which makes sense no matter what 40mm driver they're using). Pads are thicker though, and no bass ports.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #5,943 of 7,153

I`m surprised...

Where did you order these headphones, if I may ask?

Feb 19, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #5,944 of 7,153
They look remarkably like the Takstar Pro 82, at least the shell does (which makes sense no matter what 40mm driver they're using). Pads are thicker though, and no bass ports.
Lol, no. P82 look quite a lot different imho.
I ordered from thomann.de

Feb 19, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #5,946 of 7,153
Gotta admit I thought they looked like rebranded Pro 82's when I first saw them.

I'll have to give them a try when they become more widely available.

The Behringer BH-470 take more design cues from some of Audio Technica headphones than they do from Takstar (and Takstar is borrowing the design language of Sony).

In the US, you can get the BH-470 from a lot of the usual places (zZounds, B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc.)

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #5,947 of 7,153
Lol, no. P82 look quite a lot different imho.
I ordered from thomann.de
Same enclosure, same headband, slightly different shape of plastic connecting the two. Different colour scheme and pads to be sure, but pretty much the rest is identical, just minus the bass ports.

BH-470_P0E3Q_Front1_B.png

1526693365000.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #5,949 of 7,153
Same enclosure, same headband, slightly different shape of plastic connecting the two. Different colour scheme and pads to be sure, but pretty much the rest is identical, just minus the bass ports.

BH-470_P0E3Q_Front1_B.png

1526693365000.jpg
There are lot of similar looking headphones out there.
But, little differences:
1) Pro82 has flat shape cups while BH-470 has curved cups (oval part)
2) BH-470 has different hinges
3) BH-470 don`t have bass ports and has 3 little holes at cups edge part
4) BH-470 back shell circular "cup" is larger in diameter
5) different pads
6) different cable
7) and we don`t know if they use same drivers?

...so, don`t look so identical to me :)

Feb 20, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #5,950 of 7,153
There are lot of similar looking headphones out there.
But, little differences:
1) Pro82 has flat shape cups while BH-470 has curved cups (oval part)
2) BH-470 has different hinges
3) BH-470 don`t have bass ports and has 3 little holes at cups edge part
4) BH-470 back shell circular "cup" is larger in diameter
5) different pads
6) different cable
7) and we don`t know if they use same drivers?

...so, don`t look so identical to me :)
You realise the Behringer image is a render, yes?

Never was suggesting they use the same driver, simply that they are using a lot of the same parts for the headband and the enclosures.

Feb 20, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #5,951 of 7,153

Never was suggesting they use the same driver, simply that they are using a lot of the same parts for the headband and the enclosures.

Using the same parts? I don't think so. The A4Tech M550 headphones look a lot like this class of headphone too, but I doubt they are the same parts, just similar looking:

20170804163439_57493.jpg

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #5,952 of 7,153
@CoiL Would be nice to see pictures of that behringer with pads removed. Even better If there were pictures from inside the headphones :)

Also, there's not a single identical part between PRO82 and behringer. Resemblance sure but none of the dimensions and forms match.

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #5,953 of 7,153

You realize I have one in my hand and looking at it?
LOL

They are not using same parts for headband and enclosure!
End of story :wink:

@CoiL Would be nice to see pictures of that behringer with pads removed. Even better If there were pictures from inside the headphones :)
Also, there's not a single identical part between PRO82 and behringer. Resemblance sure but none of the dimensions and forms match.
Dammit, was not thinking about pics, I already put them back together. Maybe will open them up again soon to try some tweaks.

Anyway, stock cable has impedance around 1.4-1.5 Ohm.
New cable I installed has it around 0.15 Ohm. While clarity and details improved... there`s little bump in highs somewhere around 5-7kHz I think.
With stock cable sound was smooth and not fatiguing. With upgraded cable I get too much highs, so, need to try out some filtering.
Probably will do hardware amplitude corrector filter when I find out exactly where is that FR that is too much for my ears.
I don`t want that old spring-cable back ;(

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #5,954 of 7,153
You realize I have one in my hand and looking at it?
LOL

They are not using same parts for headband and enclosure!
End of story :wink:

Haha

F837D8DE-886F-41D4-B9BD-0DFDED244CA2.jpeg

Edgar Allen Poe was wrong! When it comes to headphones, we should believe what we see AND especially what we hear! Lol

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #5,955 of 7,153
Seems behringer got a real banger here. I don't personaly mind them copying other brands, as long as they make their headphones good sounding (not ruining the reputation of real thing).
Too bad they screwed up with the bh770, the dt 770 copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back