Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 29, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #5,911 of 7,153
I went ahead and picked up the okcsc zx1, unfortunately there where only a 1 dollar discount for new year but I was already gonna get them anyway. Hopefully swedish customs doesn't reck me...
I will try to post a comprehensive review when I get them

Would be interested to read this from you. They are still on my mind...

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #5,912 of 7,153
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #5,914 of 7,153
Jan 31, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #5,915 of 7,153
Nice review, coincides about with what I've heard so far and some points make these even more exciting to me. Though the thin lower midrange is perhaps somewhat troubling, what headphones are you comparing to?

My other headphones I'm comparing them to are:
- Audio Technica M40X
- Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
- Beyerdynamic DTX 501 P

ZX1 has better timbre, comfort and technicalities than those above cans, though the recessed lower mids is something that is inherent in the ZX1's V shaped tuning, so I guess you might have to EQ if that's an area of concern for you. I'm not really a headphone guy, more of an IEM guy, but even compared to my other multiple V shaped IEMs, the ZX1's mids aren't that recessed IMHO. Honestly, I'm a bit more bothered about the lower treble/upper mids brightness, though if you are a treblehead, you'll love it a lot.

Let us know your impressions too once u have spent some time with it!

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #5,916 of 7,153
Jan 31, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #5,917 of 7,153
My other headphones I'm comparing them to are:
- Audio Technica M40X
- Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
- Beyerdynamic DTX 501 P

ZX1 has better timbre, comfort and technicalities than those above cans, though the recessed lower mids is something that is inherent in the ZX1's V shaped tuning, so I guess you might have to EQ if that's an area of concern for you. I'm not really a headphone guy, more of an IEM guy, but even compared to my other multiple V shaped IEMs, the ZX1's mids aren't that recessed IMHO. Honestly, I'm a bit more bothered about the lower treble/upper mids brightness, though if you are a treblehead, you'll love it a lot.

Let us know your impressions too once u have spent some time with it!

Well, most high-end dynamic headphones nowadays are tuned to be relaxed in this region so this might give an interesting experience. I will as you noted only know when I get them tho. Problem is the shipping time from china, seller havn't even send them yet due to either new year or being dead :frowning2:

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #5,918 of 7,153
So spot on! As much as I love these, the upper-mids (cymbals!!) van just sound too harsh.

Do u have any recommendations for a similarly tuned CHIFI headphone without this upper mids harshness? Sound wise the ZX1 is great in other areas, but if they can just refine the upper mids area, it will sell like hot cakes. But maybe trebleheads will like it as it is.

Well, most high-end dynamic headphones nowadays are tuned to be relaxed in this region so this might give an interesting experience. I will as you noted only know when I get them tho. Problem is the shipping time from china, seller havn't even send them yet due to either new year or being dead :frowning2:

Yeah ordering stuff from China during the Chinese New Year period will usually result in delays during normal times. Now that the Wuhan virus outbreak thingy is here, it's probably worse. Supposedly the Chinese authorities have extended the holidays to early Feb so as to minimize spread of the virus, so don't expect any shipping to be done till then.

They've sort of quarantined the Wuhan citizens, especially for travelling purposes, but I would think audio gear and non organic stuff can still be transferred about. Probably the virus will also die by the time it takes a few months to reach our mail box, but just alcohol swab it or something once u get it. From past experience, most of my audio purchases from Aliexpress seem to come from Shenzhen/Hong Kong, I don't think they come from the Wuhan area which is where most of the virus cases are reported (it's in the central area of China and is not that known for audio gear).

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #5,919 of 7,153
My ZX1 order luckily just arrived to Sweden. I’ve paid the custom tax so they are hopefully only a week away. Think they will be a nice complement to my closed Yamaha MT-220. I have a audioquest dragonfly black DAC and hope it will do them some good? Is this enough or do you have any other tips as for audio equipment to make them(and other headphones)justice. Any specific amp to recommend without going all in $$$?

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #5,920 of 7,153
My ZX1 order luckily just arrived to Sweden. I’ve paid the custom tax so they are hopefully only a week away. Think they will be a nice complement to my closed Yamaha MT-220. I have a audioquest dragonfly black DAC and hope it will do them some good? Is this enough or do you have any other tips as for audio equipment to make them(and other headphones)justice. Any specific amp to recommend without going all in $$$?

The ZX1 (32Ω) doesn't need that much juice compared to some super high impedance cans and buds that can be in the triple digits in terms of impedance. I'm using a humble Fiio A3 amp and can drive it sufficiently at 40% volume pot.

Jan 31, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #5,921 of 7,153
The ZX1 (32Ω) doesn't need that much juice compared to some super high impedance cans and buds that can be in the triple digits in terms of impedance. I'm using a humble Fiio A3 amp and can drive it sufficiently at 40% volume pot.
Hello Folks!

ZX1 can be compared with any Grado? Any resemblance?

Best Regards,

Marcos Fontana

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #5,922 of 7,153
Fwiw I was supposed to go to a trade show in Guangzhou (just a couple of hours drive from HK/Shenzhen) mid March but today I was informed it was canceled and no new date is decided yet. I've got a feeling this flu will affect China business for quite some time, I hope I'm wrong though.....

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #5,923 of 7,153
My okcsc zx1 arrived last week. Order date 2020-01-15. Arrived 2020-02-06 with a stop at swedish customs. Came in zip-lock bag inside a unmarked brown paper box. Nothing else. LOL. Really like them though . Great detail, wide open soundspace and a deep yet punchy bass when called for. As been mentioned before they can be a bit harsh in the treble. Some cymbals, high pitch notes and especially the occasional tambourine can sometimes be unpleasantly piercing. I've had a hard time finding suitable songs especially within metal and electronica but when it comes to jazz they really shine. Dave Bubecks Quartet "take five"(Time out) really opens up well with these headphones(even with lots of cymbals and high trumpet). They deliver the Standing bass really well with deep impact without overpowering the overall sound.

Anyway I'm really happy I've picked these out and they definitely fill their place among my other headphones(closed, IEM's and TWS).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back