Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #5,056 of 7,153
I wouldnt use D2000 as a reference/mixing/mastering headphone, too bassy and scooped in the mids. Its bass is sometimes borderline "too much" for me in certain tracks. My V6 for example would be better for that. :) Its interesting how peoples definition of "bass heavy" varies.

Yeah we all hear differently. I know of a few people who've used Denon AH-D2000 as a reference/mixing/mastering headphone. My ultimate reference is the Denon AH-D5000 which has the same trademark biocellulose sound signature as the AH-D2000 except warmer/more natural sounding.
The NW9000's sound signature just reminds me of the Denon AH-D2000's. I think the 8Khz peak gives the overall sound signature of the NW9000 a good balance..without it, it would be a real bassy headphone. Like Beats By Dre.

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #5,057 of 7,153
Yeah we all hear differently. I know of a few people who've used Denon AH-D2000 as a reference/mixing/mastering headphone. My ultimate reference is the Denon AH-D5000 which has the same trademark biocellulose sound signature as the AH-D2000 except warmer/more natural sounding.
The NW9000's sound signature just reminds me of the Denon AH-D2000's. I think the 8Khz peak gives the overall sound signature of the NW9000 a good balance..without it, it would be a real bassy headphone. Like Beats By Dre.

Im not criticizing, i dont know anything about mixing or mastering so it might work, who knows. I just think that the bass might get in the way and color sound too much. I will definitely try MHD9000 or one of its dozen clones some day, they seem to "essential" chi-fi headphone.

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #5,058 of 7,153
I will definitely try MHD9000 or one of its dozen clones some day, they seem to "essential" chi-fi headphone

That was why I bought my Neewer NW9000. It seemed like there was a gap in my collection:)

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #5,059 of 7,153
Is there any decent wireless chi-fi
I'm not into bluetooth so I'm no expert. But plextone bt270 looks good for $25.
TB28gFYdY1YBuNjSszeXXablFXa_!!1933142394.jpg has anyone heard those?

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #5,061 of 7,153
What are your impression on Chi-Fi Headphones world, how close are they from comquering the west like Chi-Fi iems?

Depends on the part of the world you are in. In the US, there tends to be less value to buyinug inexpensive on-ear/over-ear headphones from companies based in China when you factor in sales and special pricing (like the Massdrop sales and partnerships) on more name-brand headphones. In other parts of the world, it's my understanding that name brand headphones can cost more, have fewer sales, and aren't as available. On Massdrop right now you can get the Thinksound ON2 for $90 (MSRP $200) for instance. When buying headphones from China, I'd recommend factoring in product lifecycle since it can affect the value equation - how easy is it to get replacement/spare parts, i.e. when those Takstar Pro 82 ear pads need replacing, can you get the OEM ear pads that come on the plastic clip frame from someplace, or will you have to cut off the old ear pads, find a suitable replacement, glue it on yourself, or just toss the headphones out? or when those inexpensive Bluetooth headphones from China stop working because the battery is worn out, are you just going to toss them and buy a new headphone because you can't easily source a new battery? Over the years I've gravitated more toward headphones (domestic or otherwise) where spare parts are either easily sourced or standardized, and for BlueTooth I use an EarStudio ES100 with whatever headphone I want (balanced or unbalanced). The IEMs from China have been able to carve out a more useful niche I think because they've embraced things like 2-pin and MMCX cables on inexpensive models where that tends to be a more "premium" feature in the west, and I think that's a very useful thing to have, and I think a lot of companies based in China have done a better job designing/tuning IEMs than most of their on-ear/over-ear headphones (I'm not talking about more midrange/high-end products like the planar magnetics from HiFiMan, which is based in China for instance). I also have suspicions that some headphones from companies in China have a lower level of quality assurance (or perhaps just the reseller chains are unreliable and B-grade product gets passed off as A-grade from unscrupulous sellers), which might explain the high variability of user reviews. Companies in China also seem to revise products without communicating it to the consumer, so there is just a lot of potential unpredictability there that also should be factored in. Western companies are typically better about communicating (and answering questions about) changes to the design and performance of their products (quality assurance, well maintained reseller channels, and customer communication partly explains the higher MSRP to western products, since all those things cost money).

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #5,062 of 7,153
Should i get takstar pro 82(i like bass) though?
ISK MHD9000 is probably a good buy if youre into bass.

I have both Takstar 82 pro and ISK MDH 9000. Both are great and detailed. These headphones sound really different. While Takstar are a bit bright, ISK definitely can be referred to as bass heavy. I like bass quality in Takstar (bass ports are closed) but not the quantity. You can open ports in first position but it would affect bass quality. So I would recommend for you ISK or its clones.

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #5,063 of 7,153
I have both Takstar 82 pro and ISK MDH 9000. Both are great and detailed. These headphones sound really different. While Takstar are a bit bright, ISK definitely can be referred to as bass heavy. I like bass quality in Takstar (bass ports are closed) but not the quantity. You can open ports in first position but it would affect bass quality. So I would recommend for you ISK or its clones.
I am pretty sure i won't be able to run ISK from my phone OnePlus 5.
And i am tight on budget to afford a dac or dap

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #5,069 of 7,153
What are your impression on Chi-Fi Headphones world, how close are they from comquering the west like Chi-Fi iems?
Rocking a TRN V80 since yesterday, loving it!!
I wonder how good headphones sound, the reviews seem to good to be true.
OneOdio, Urbanhifi, Takstar, Bosshifi have caught my attention thanks to Head-Fi and Bad Guy Good Audio reviews.

Would love some recommendations(my budget is below 100, prefer fun sound over neutral) and discussion on the state of Chi-Fi headphones

I think in the lower price brackets there are excellent sounding chi fi headphones that give better value than western counterparts, but the closer you reach to $100 or more, chi fi headphones give diminishing returns, and the western offerings in this price bracket and up are excellent. I was recently searching for an one-ear chi fi that will give me the best sound for $100, but eventually decided to go for a "western" Thinksound On2 that I got for $115, and I couldn't be happier. I highly doubt that anything chi fi can sound as good for $100, but if I was to look for a nice $50 pair, I would most probably end up with a chi fi.

A pretty compelling take on chi-fi, i wish it grows and competes neck to neck with the western competition , Bosshifi and Takstar seem great for 60 bucks, i might snag one in early 2019, the problem with tech world is you can't make the "best" decision, something new will crop up in few months and rn chi-fi has my undivided attention for a while.

Btw takstar and bosshifi are getting some really good reviews, saying they beat headphones costing 200-400.

Should i get takstar pro 82(i like bass) though? I am also thinking of saving for a Sennheisser hd 6xx or 58x
The Oneodio Elysium is good and great fun when you turn the highs in the EQ up. The Bosshifi B8 has clear vocals and a solid soundstage and punches way above its price compared to well known brands.

But seriously. Buy the OKCSC ZX1 for 70 dollar and tell me again how superior Western brands are to chi-fi. You. Are. Wrong.

Seriously. The ZX1 are out of this world. Buy them yesterday.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #5,070 of 7,153
Unless there are sound quality differences, I would recommend the OKCSC M2 (same drivers.) It's got a detachable cable that is very good quality (much better than the ZX1 cable from what I've seen,) and has a better build in general, not as derpy. It also comes with a soft/hard case that is very handy, and is even a couple dollars cheaper the last time I checked.

Maybe if the guy with both isn't sick anymore, he could directly compare the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back