Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jul 19, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #4,156 of 7,153
As this is my defacto main thread I use, I am letting yall know I updated my personal profile details a tiny bit. I got some new chi-fi in, got some new coming, and got a bunch of other things. To note this is the run down of the newer things:

Coming Soon:
Audeze Mobius (from Indiegogo)
Advanced GT-R
Hifiman HE-560 v2
OKCSC M2 (on-ear grado clones)

Recently came and awaiting my review comments:
Monoprice m1060C
1More Triple H1707 over ear gold version
Sennheiser 58x Jubilee
Advanced Alphas
Corsair H60
Grado SR80
Bluedio T5
Hyper-X Cloud Alphas
KZ ZS6
AudioLUX WDX (strange audio technica knock offs I found on Amazon)
Mitchell & Johnson MJ2 (while sold by a British company these are made in Asia)

Also I have some new sources to play with including my Audio-gd NFB 29.38, Woo Audio WA7d, and Little Dot Mk III.

Hope to get through listening to everything :) Lots of good times ahead.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #4,157 of 7,153
As this is my defacto main thread I use, I am letting yall know I updated my personal profile details a tiny bit. I got some new chi-fi in, got some new coming, and got a bunch of other things. To note this is the run down of the newer things:

Coming Soon:
Audeze Mobius (from Indiegogo)
Advanced GT-R
Hifiman HE-560 v2
OKCSC M2 (on-ear grado clones)

Recently came and awaiting my review comments:
Monoprice m1060C
1More Triple H1707 over ear gold version
Sennheiser 58x Jubilee
Advanced Alphas
Corsair H60
Grado SR80
Bluedio T5
Hyper-X Cloud Alphas
KZ ZS6
AudioLUX WDX (strange audio technica knock offs I found on Amazon)
Mitchell & Johnson MJ2 (while sold by a British company these are made in Asia)

Also I have some new sources to play with including my Audio-gd NFB 29.38, Woo Audio WA7d, and Little Dot Mk III.

Hope to get through listening to everything :) Lots of good times ahead.

damn. thats so much stuff to listen to.

Jul 19, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #4,158 of 7,153
Jul 19, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #4,159 of 7,153
Agreed! It would take me months to get through that all (and give it a fair listen).

Some good stuff in there though :wink:
the Mobius is intriguing. i wonder if their implementation of surround works well for music to improve soundstage.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #4,160 of 7,153
Jul 22, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #4,161 of 7,153
Just wanna share, did some experimental mods with my grado using the b8 pads, the stock sound it not that good 150-250hz is too boosted, but when corrected oh man, Never expected to get these good results. the new sound signature is like listening to a set of planars almost. 1532303239371547_1.jpg
Screenshot_2018-07-23-07-43-05.jpg
full impressions here if you want to check it out :)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pos...atched_thread_reply_messagetext#post-14375662

Jul 22, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #4,162 of 7,153
Btw if you guys are searching for aftermarket b8 pads, the only close to the original ones i found is this
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32804580681.html
1532307518647966.jpg
1532307517463412.jpg
the original is softer, this is more stiffer but has a bit wider opening and almost the same dimensions, also the color is less darker. As for sound, it has more treble compared to the originals but only a minimal amount.

If you guys found the original aftermarket pads for b8 pls let me know :)

edit: a/b testing it for the 3rd time, these aftermarket sounded more intense, the original sounded softer.
final impression: the aftermarket also seems to tone down the midrange and bass a bit.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #4,163 of 7,153
Jul 24, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #4,165 of 7,153
Hi, I recently bought the HIFIMAN-HE400I's, I dont have alot of money to spend on a dac/amp or both. I have two questions, what do I need? (dac/amp/both). Second question- I really dont want to pay now for future headphones (a dac/amp/both that are good for the HE400I is what I need, dont care how bad it will be on other headphones), so my question is what is the best cheapest of the items I asked (dac/amp/both) for the HE400I's, I would say my budget is around 100$ total.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #4,166 of 7,153
Hi, I recently bought the HIFIMAN-HE400I's, I dont have alot of money to spend on a dac/amp or both. I have two questions, what do I need? (dac/amp/both). Second question- I really dont want to pay now for future headphones (a dac/amp/both that are good for the HE400I is what I need, dont care how bad it will be on other headphones), so my question is what is the best cheapest of the items I asked (dac/amp/both) for the HE400I's, I would say my budget is around 100$ total.
Check out the P10+EL-D01 combo for 75$.
A new hybrid amp has arrived - Little Bear P10.
It's surely is a good looking one:

Does it sound as good as it looks? You bet!
Here are some combinations I tried:
Oppo HA-2 - The sound is somewhat "tube-y", but not a great fit for Pro 82 - transparency loss is significant, and bass is not authoritative at all - there isn't enough "meat".
SMSL Idea - Since Idea is not a pure DAC, the sound becomes a lot warmer and just plain veiled, but the bass quality improves greatly. Oppo HA-2's DAC is not known to have any bass issues, so what's causing this improvement?
Could it be that P10 needs 2Vrms input (HA-2 is 1Vrms) for the bass to sound as it should?
ELE EL-D01 - You wanted "meat"? Welcome to the butcher shop! This combo sounds exactly like EL-D01 with FIIO E6 - there is a definite synergy!!!
Everything sounds very lifelike, listening to the same tracks for the 3rd time, I felt total immersion for the first time!
This is a very cold DAC, which makes it a perfect match with warm amps, and it does output 2Vrms, so bass is fantastic!
Since E6 is no more available, you can definitely go for this combo instead, although it's not portable.

If you own Pro 82, and don't own a synergy combo yet - this is your chance to get one dirt cheap.
Doesn't matter which version of Pro 82 you have, v1 or v2, as long as it's not v0.9 (a.k.a. "Dumpster" version) which is sold at some Ali stores right now, you will see how musical Pro 82 can get.

The cheapest price right now is here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...lifier-Stereo-Pre-Amp-Little/32882901310.html
The whole combo with EL-D01 will cost you ~75$!
At this price, you owe it to yourself to own one.
It will allow you to achieve different signatures in the future by tube rolling.

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #4,167 of 7,153
Check out the P10+EL-D01 combo for 75$.

It will allow you to achieve different signatures in the future by tube rolling.
I am very new to the hifi, if you can explain me whats the tubes and everything (in pm or here) I would love that. Also from what you posted I understand you recommended me to buy amp+dac, I would love to explain my current gear and what I hear if it will help to determine if I need both/one of them. I also wanted to add, I love bass on some tracks like edm- I like it "heavy bass" I suppose, on some tracks I now just miss the bass from my m50x's and even when I had them I would of liked more bass hehe. Last thing, thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #4,168 of 7,153
I should receive my Msur N650 during this week (unless the customs want to charge me), im pretty excited to try them out. :)

Jul 24, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #4,170 of 7,153

Check out the Topping NX4s portable DAC/amp. I have recently received this unit from Massdrop.com and I love it ! Has a Gain switch and a bass boost switch which is most welcome if you have the HE400i's. I have the HE4XX among other headphones. If you listen to anything other than classical music you will appreciate the option to boost the bass. Price around 149 USD.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...sd-dac-and-portable-headphone-amplifier.3507/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back