Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jul 9, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #4,111 of 7,153
There are two relatively new Bluedio headphones, TM and T6, and they both seem to lack a 3.5mm port. It's nowhere to be found in the specs. I realise they're Bluetooth headphones, but eh, I like a 3.5mm port on bluetooth devices. I hope it's not a sign of things to come. :-/

Yeah, the T4S had that as well. I was worried about what would happen if the stock cable died so I ordered a spare from aliexpress. It doesn’t even work on the Bluedio. I am not sure if the wiring of the Bluedio is unique or what, but didn’t want to just keep buying cables only to find out they didn’t work either. So I’m back to just having the stock cable (and babying it).

Like you said, I hope it’s not some new trend (Bluedio or anyone else). I don’t understand what’s wrong with plain old 3.5mm.

Also, that T6 came out fast didn’t it? Good lord they literally just came out with the T5 like a few months ago.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #4,112 of 7,153
Jul 9, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #4,113 of 7,153
The pictures on chinese websites are sometime hilarious...are those headphones steam powered?? Or do they just blast the music into your ears with a puff of smoke?

Like the KZ ZS6 "laser beams", shooting that sibilant treble directly into your brain:

laserbeams.gif

Pew pew pew!

Jul 9, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #4,114 of 7,153
Like the KZ ZS6 "laser beams", shooting that sibilant treble directly into your brain:

Pew pew pew!
looks like they would be good for managing overabundant ear hairs. I mean, a man hits his 40s and these are things one has to consider...

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #4,116 of 7,153
ear hairs? sticking out of the ear?
Yeah...a dude hits 40 and suddenly the body is under the impression that the nose and ears need extra protection so it starts sprouting extra hairs...fortunately KZ has laser drivers for that.

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #4,118 of 7,153
...can't put a like on that...
Ok..well, sorry I horrified you with my realness.
Back to headphones...
I impulsively pulled the trigger on some Lasmex L85...since the Philips SHP9500s has seemed to come off the market I am at a loss for what to recommend that is similar for less than $100...I have seen the Lasmex get compared to the 9500s a lot, so I have always been interested in it. Plus they look great, maybe like a cousin of the Fidelio x1?
It recently occured to me, they share a lot of parts with a grip of other headphones: the headband, drivers and the driver housing are in at least a half dozen headphones that I can think of...it's probably double that. It's a great starting point. the headband is very comfortable, the drivers seem to have tons of potential... well presented bass, clarity, dynamic range...it all seems to be on tap....
So, it renewed my interest in them, because I have a set of those other headphones (the Kinden version of the Sivga SV005) and I really like them. But they are a fairly closed in wood cup and the Lasmex are more open yet bass oriented..
I am really curious to see if the Lasmex are worth recommending, since the 9500s is currently not an option. I am almost certain I am going to like the L85, that's not why I finally got them..... I bought them to see if I can recommend them to other people.
Don't call me a hero, ok? But I took one for the team...I got the Lasmex for y'all as much as for myself.
you're welcome

Jul 10, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #4,119 of 7,153
Lol I've had the L-85, returned bc I decided to keep the 400i. They are a solid option under $100. Found a pair on eBay for $45 BNIB but hesitated and missed them.

Jul 11, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #4,120 of 7,153
I'm sure the 400i is better...it's another price range/class of headphone. The HE4xx is on my short list of over $100 headphones.

Jul 11, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #4,121 of 7,153
Only reason why I returned was due to only wanting to keep one. I personally really enjoyed the sound of the 85. I'm sure you will too. If I can find one cheap enough I may jump on it

Jul 11, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #4,122 of 7,153
Lol I've had the L-85, returned bc I decided to keep the 400i. They are a solid option under $100. Found a pair on eBay for $45 BNIB but hesitated and missed them.
I just got mine today, after spending a few hours with them, I am going to tell you what you already know: less than $50 is a steal.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #4,123 of 7,153
Jul 17, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #4,124 of 7,153
That Lasmex looks interesting but its quite rare outside US. Aliexpress is selling few of their models, maybe L-85 pops up there one day as well.

I ordered Msur N650, im pretty excited to try them out. N350 is decent headphone but something is missing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back