Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 27, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #2,671 of 7,153
No I would never get those. My later version 580 uses the same drivers. And....I said closed.

Ah, that was my next guess!

captin-hindsight-the-hero-of-the-modern-age.jpg

BTW, I heard the Blue Mo-Fi at the Ohio CanJam at the end of October, and was pretty surprised/impressed!

To stay on topic, the Superlux HD681 look interesting, and were on sale really cheap with a Gearbest coupon. Anyone have them? How do they compare to the 668B?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #2,673 of 7,153
Ah, that was my next guess!

BTW, I heard the Blue Mo-Fi at the Ohio CanJam at the end of October, and was pretty surprised/impressed!

To stay on topic, the Superlux HD681 look interesting, and were on sale really cheap with a Gearbest coupon. Anyone have them? How do they compare to the 668B?
I have neither...I have been meaning to get one or both but I keep missing the coupons. (possibly because these are an easy re-sell, so people snatch them up?) I am only chiming in because I heavily researched both when I was on the hunt for a cheap open back...from all my reading the overall impression was that the 668b is more balanced and the 681 is sharper in the treble...or maybe I really am just here to complain about missing out on both of those Superlux coupons.

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #2,675 of 7,153
I'm a daily walker, too (usually 5 miles/day). Let's just say that if I encountered someone wearing an HD700, we would have an immediate, information-packed conversation!

FYI, I wear a Koss Portapro's while walking, except on the coldest days (when I use earphones). Anyway, when I ordered the Portapro's, I did so despite the evidence of my eyes ("these things look flimsy...they can't possibly sound good"). They aren't flimsy; they sound 100X better than my eyes told me they would.

Yes I agree, the Porta Pro is still a great performer despite being a very old design.

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #2,676 of 7,153
Upside down cups might not be The biggest problem with ivoc headphones :)

Is it just me, or is that driver turned around backwards, firing directly into the rear of the headphone cups?

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #2,678 of 7,153
And just so this stays on topic, has anyone tried the Xiaomi "Relaxed Version" headphones yet?
I had some store credit and since these were on sale I bought Xiaomi Mi Comfort Headphones. I had read a few reviews where the reviewers praised these headphones and I like Xiaomi earphones. To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. I can't imagine why anybody would like their sound quality. Very muffled sound with no clarity. These can't compete with any of the other similar priced headphones I own.

These look nicer than headphones like ISK HP2011, Superlux HD668b but are not as sturdy and I expect these to break earlier.

Despite having soft earpads, I didn't find them very comfortable either. The headband is too round and pads don't swivel as much as they should to form a comfortable fit (but that can be due to shape of my head so others may find them more comfortable).

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2,679 of 7,153
I had some store credit and since these were on sale I bought Xiaomi Mi Comfort Headphones. I had read a few reviews where the reviewers praised these headphones and I like Xiaomi earphones. To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. I can't imagine why anybody would like their sound quality. Very muffled sound with no clarity. These can't compete with any of the other similar priced headphones I own.

These look nicer than headphones like ISK HP2011, Superlux HD668b but are not as sturdy and I expect these to break earlier.

Despite having soft earpads, I didn't find them very comfortable either. The headband is too round and pads don't swivel as much as they should to form a comfortable fit (but that can be due to shape of my head so others may find them more comfortable).

Wow, that's surprising given that Xiaomi stuff is usually top notch build quality and generally good ergonomics.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. You saved me from making a mistake

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #2,680 of 7,153
Wow, that's surprising given that Xiaomi stuff is usually top notch build quality and generally good ergonomics.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. You saved me from making a mistake
I have been using Xiaomi Mi5 for 1.5 years. I also have their powerbanks, extension cable, Piston 3 earphones and mi band 2 (I even bought their pen:flushed:). Many of my friends and colleagues have now shifted to Xiaomi phones after my good experience. Build quality and performance of all these is the reason why I was so disappointed with Mi Comfort headphones. To me, Piston 3 sounds better than Mi Comfort headphones (and I don't even like earphones :anguished:).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #2,681 of 7,153
I have been using Xiaomi Mi5 for 1.5 years. I also have their powerbanks, extension cable, Piston 3 earphones and mi band 2 (I even bought their pen:flushed:). Many of my friends and colleagues have now shifted to Xiaomi phones after my good experience. Build quality and performance of all these is the reason why I was so disappointed with Mi Comfort headphones. To me, Piston 3 sounds better than Mi Comfort headphones (and I don't even like earphones :anguished:).

Agreed.

In my experience, Xiaomi design and build quality is easily equal to (or just barely below) Apple build quality.

Even inexpensive and 'simple' devices such as their wireless computer mouse is excellent build quality and design. It is one of the few (or even the only) combination 2.4G wireless PLUS bluetooth mice I've ever seen.

My experience with 1More products is the same (ie super high quality and excellent engineering). So I can say with a high degree of confidence, that (based on your Mi Comfort impressions) 1More probably had zero involvement with the Mi Comfort Version. It sounds like whoever DID (whether inside of Xiaomi or an outsourced party) should be demoted.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #2,682 of 7,153
Hmm, I preferred the Piston 2 to the 3, and if the 3 is at least on par with the Comfort, I very well may avoid those. Many of us here have quite a bit of full sized headphones as it is, so it's not like we're lacking.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #2,683 of 7,153
Yes I agree, the Porta Pro is still a great performer despite being a very old design.

I really liked the Porta Pro while I had it. Affectionately called it the "hair puller" lol.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,684 of 7,153
I really liked the Porta Pro while I had it. Affectionately called it the "hair puller" lol.
That includes all hifiman headphones according to my wife

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #2,685 of 7,153

haha, that's so true

The KSC75 is all of the sound with none of the hair pulling. And wearing the KSC75 looks just as much "straight outta the 80s" as wearing the PortaPros, so no difference there LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back