Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 25, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #2,641 of 7,153
Well I got a couple more pegboards to setup this weekend. I have a bunch more headphones sitting around on my desk so need to tidy up again. Only things new I got coming was a Audeze EL-8 open.

Nothing from BF or CM seems to be tickling my fancy in the Chi-fi department

I know you like the pegboards, but here's a cool solution from the DIY headphone stand thread to consider:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread.249671/page-249#post-13836366

ikea-krokig.jpg

The little hooks rotate 360 degrees, and you can stack them on the post in any configuration (as seen here):

ikea-krokig2.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #2,643 of 7,153
Afraid kids or animals would knock that over. I might too >.> <.<

Yeah, that could be an expensive accident.

You could always flip all of the hooks upside down, and then mount the stand from the ceiling! Would look pretty boss :)

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #2,644 of 7,153
The Akai 50X is back down to $19.00 on Amazon Prime
I wonder if they got anyone to buy them at $99.00? I'd be disappointed in them at that price...... considering I paid that much for my Fidelio L2.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #2,646 of 7,153
Anyone has any insights on the In-Voice IVOC-100 and IVOC-200 headphones? They look interesting for the most part and the specs look good too.

IVOC-100 :

2114-fychttf9777589.jpg

IVOC-200:

598d33d3N641a5393.png

2 general comments:

1. I wonder why they chose that shape cup? It's the opposite of the ergonomics of the ear. They should have turned the cups upside down, which would have fit the natural shape of the ear.
2. I generally avoid headphones with odd shaped cups. Even if they sound good, you're high and dry when it comes time to replace the pads (which is inevitable, because it's not a matter of if but when).

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #2,648 of 7,153
I honestly have no idea. Maybe its to accommodate people with earrings ?? :D lol

Yes, the earpads will be an issue in the long term. But its at the very least, its a vast improvement in aesthetics over other chinese headphones so far. The specs ( if they do mean anything) state a 25khz, 40mm driver for the 100 and a whopping 50khz driver for the 200 model.

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #2,649 of 7,153
2 general comments:

1. I wonder why they chose that shape cup? It's the opposite of the ergonomics of the ear. They should have turned the cups upside down, which would have fit the natural shape of the ear.
2. I generally avoid headphones with odd shaped cups. Even if they sound good, you're high and dry when it comes time to replace the pads (which is inevitable, because it's not a matter of if but when).

The headphones look like the Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviator and the Parrot Zik had a baby. Innerfidelity had a lot of good things to say about the Aviators (which have a similar cup shape):

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-roc-nation-aviator

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #2,650 of 7,153
The design reminds me somewhat of Parrot Zik as far as the band
The headphones look like the Skullcandy Roc Nation Aviator and the Parrot Zik had a baby. Innerfidelity had a lot of good things to say about the Aviators (which have a similar cup shape):

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-roc-nation-aviator

I've owned the Aviator for maybe 7 years now. Only complaint is I wish the cable was detachable. Mids were a bit better than I would have expected from Skullcandy, and the bass isn't bloated, although it's certainly not neutral. Not worth the initial asking price, but I'd imagine they cost a bit less now. Must admit I'm a little curious.

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,651 of 7,153
Hey guys been a while since i've been on here but i still have my pair of the Marrantz MPH-2/ISK MDH900's and a bunch of other rebrands that pharmboy really liked. Im still loving them, but the main complaint i always had is they were too big for my head and would always fall off. I have since used an angle grinder to cut the stainless metal headband, i than drilled four holes while the band was in a vice and used aluminum rivets to hold it together overlapping each other to make the band smaller. Once the pleather on the headband is cut though you have to get something else, im using the clip on headband for Grados and many other pairs sold on amazon. Loving the fit now and not just he sound. The other mod which i mentioned last year was to tame the bass i used cotton pads and swabs in the earcups for slightly more isolation and more controlled bass, that was the first mod i did. When i took apart the headphones i accidentally cut the wire leading to the right earcup, i had to run completely new wires soldering the two ears together which was a pain. I ended up using cat3 24 AWg stranded wire. So if anyone looking at doing this should be careful not to cut the cable. What i should have done was drilled the right earcup and installed a 2.5MM plug in each. Than get a new cable that splits each like the hifiman 400I or the sennhesier cables. I still might do this, just not sure if it will help with the sound at all. Seriously though anyone looking for a nice set of over ears that punch well above their price class...these are it. Visions canada has a sale right now for $45 for the marrantz version.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #2,652 of 7,153
These arrived today, first impressions are pretty good for $120:

20171127_173001.jpg

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2,654 of 7,153
i was looking at these, i have the 400i's and they are my favorite open cans. I steered away though as i heard the isolation was not as good even when closed? I need something that isolates well when i use closed cans.

Yeah, isolation is not the best. I've got a pair of QC25 that I use on longer flights so maximum isolation wasn't my main concern.

I bought these to use them on shorter flights and when spending time in hotel rooms but also when going on my daily walk (I use the HD700 when walking now, lol).

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #2,655 of 7,153
2 general comments:

The shape of those reminds me of my Symphonized Wraith 1.0. I actually find it surprisingly comfortable and the cups are not even as big and chunky as those in the photos.

I agree there is a worry about finding future pad replacements.

I have a new closed headphone coming tomorrow but it is not Chinese.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back