Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 27, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,656 of 7,153
The shape of those reminds me of my Symphonized Wraith 1.0. I actually find it surprisingly comfortable and the cups are not even as big and chunky as those in the photos.

I agree there is a worry about finding future pad replacements.

I have a new closed headphone coming tomorrow but it is not Chinese.

Yeah, there extremely light weight and comfortable. They're also over the ear for me which was expected and a big plus. So far I haven't been able to wear out any pads on any headphones but there's a first time for everything :wink:

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #2,658 of 7,153
I was referring to the In-Voice IVOC-100 and IVOC-200 that max posted about and that Slater was referring to...I think. Now I am confused which is normal for me...lol

Ah, sorry about that. I'd imagine finding pads for the Edition S will be difficult as well though.

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #2,659 of 7,153
Ah, sorry about that. I'd imagine finding pads for the Edition S will be difficult as well though.

I would hope that a large company like HiFiMan would make them available.

Nov 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2,660 of 7,153
I would hope that a large company like HiFiMan would make them available.

You're right, I just realized that they are. I'm expecting the Edition S to be discounted soon though since they're being heavily discounted so maybe I should pick up a pair of extra pads since I plan to use these a lot when I'm on the move.

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #2,661 of 7,153
I have a new closed headphone coming tomorrow but it is not Chinese.

Ooooo, I wonder what it could be? Let me gaze into my crystal ball...

psychic.jpg

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,663 of 7,153
Yeah, isolation is not the best. I've got a pair of QC25 that I use on longer flights so maximum isolation wasn't my main concern.

I bought these to use them on shorter flights and when spending time in hotel rooms but also when going on my daily walk (I use the HD700 when walking now, lol).

I'm a daily walker, too (usually 5 miles/day). Let's just say that if I encountered someone wearing an HD700, we would have an immediate, information-packed conversation!

FYI, I wear a Koss Portapro's while walking, except on the coldest days (when I use earphones). Anyway, when I ordered the Portapro's, I did so despite the evidence of my eyes ("these things look flimsy...they can't possibly sound good"). They aren't flimsy; they sound 100X better than my eyes told me they would.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2,666 of 7,153
So...

Ask again...

Later...

Lemme take a wild stab - Sennheiser HD600?

And just so this stays on topic, has anyone tried the Xiaomi "Relaxed Version" headphones yet?

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #2,668 of 7,153
Lemme take a wild stab - Sennheiser HD600?

And just so this stays on topic, has anyone tried the Xiaomi "Relaxed Version" headphones yet?

No I would never get those. My later version 580 uses the same drivers. And....I said closed.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #2,669 of 7,153
Nov 27, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #2,670 of 7,153
I'm still not sure what I think of those. Also, while not on topic, I'm amused at how cheaply you can get a Blue Mo-Fi right now if you're also in the market for a microphone to use with your computer. It originally cost 350, but you can get it an the ~$90 mic for 175.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back