Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 8, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #32,701 of 33,689
After checking the box of my Kinera Tyrs, turns out it only came with 3 pairs of "normal" black eartips, and no final E type tips :frowning2: kinda sad and embarassed after thinking that the included tips were not final tips (but they do replace my BLON BL-03 tips to give a better seal)

I guess I'll need to buy the Type E tips separately, especially for my Final e3000s (got them secondhand with generic white tips), any difference in the black colored E Type tips with the colored variants?

That's a shame, I bought a second hand Kinera Tyr recently for the Final E black tips specifically. They cost me $15 USD (IEM + tips) and there were indeed a few sets of Final E tips inside (there's even a phamplet inside stating these are genuine Final E tips). These tips actually do go at $15 USD by themselves, so I thought why not get a free IEM with the tips. BTW the Kinera Tyr isn't that great but I really like the black Final E tips as they tame the treble and are good for bright IEMs.

Another cheap option to get Final E tips is to get the Final E500 at $20 USD on Drop, u can consider the Final E500 is actually $5 USD as such haha. I don't have it but it seems to have good imaging and is good for binaural recordings based on reviews.

My friend who has both clear Final E tips and the black ones say the clear ones are brighter in the treble, but can't confirm as I've never tried the clear ones. Maybe u can ask the rest in the Final Audio thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/final-audio-design-impressions-and-discussion-thread.613641/

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #32,702 of 33,689
After checking the box of my Kinera Tyrs, turns out it only came with 3 pairs of "normal" black eartips, and no final E type tips :frowning2: kinda sad and embarassed after thinking that the included tips were not final tips (but they do replace my BLON BL-03 tips to give a better seal)

I guess I'll need to buy the Type E tips separately, especially for my Final e3000s (got them secondhand with generic white tips), any difference in the black colored E Type tips with the colored variants?

You could always try the Sony clone tips from Ali, same bore width as Finals, just shorter - fine unless the IEM itself has a short nozzle or you want a very deep insertion. Identical to the real (Sony) thing, and super comfy with stickier silicone than anything else out there apart from Xelastecs.

NiceHCK version

Dec 8, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #32,703 of 33,689

The clear/white ones have more treble than the standard black. The other color I believe are in between those 2 but not sure about that.

I have the black and clear and can confirm the difference between them though.

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #32,704 of 33,689
I've been researching and reading reviews aboutt tribids featuring estat and am stuck trying to pick one that checks my boxes. I did try the LZX A7 that many rave about as a giant killer, but had QC problems on 2 consecutive units (MMCX connector, defective filter module) and am ready to invest a bit more to check the right boxes.

In rough descending order of current preference based on reviews and graphs: Kinera Nanna, TRI Starlight, Penon Volt, Thieaudio Monarch, Shouer EJ07 all around $700-$900, Mofaset Trio costs even less.... but I'm having a difficult time deciding and was hoping those who've experienced several of these could help me hone in on best fit for my preferences.

The first 3 listed use use Sonion BA's I believe, which I'm interested to try as sometimes Knowles BA's sound a bit unnatural to me, but of course that's just one factor and I'm sure it has as much to do with tuning as manufacturer.

I listen to a lot of classical music, acoustic jazz and some classic rock, so natural instrument timbre is more important to me than "in your face" excitement. Good soundstage, instrument separation and clean layering are more important to me than a big, thick sound as long as note weight isn't too anemic or thin. Quick, tuneful bass quality is more important to me than bass quantity, mids preferred to be musical / sweet toned and just a bit wet rather than too clinical, and top end with good sparkle / extension just short of shrill and fatiguing, even if it rolls off the very extreme upper frequencies.

I will drive balanced with a FiiO BTR5, or if impedance isn't too mismatched (EG - the Nanna is 60 Ohms!) perhaps my Feliks-Audio Elise.

I know there may not be a perfect choice in this price tier and compromises may need to be made. That said, i'd be grateful for input and opinions from this thread.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #32,705 of 33,689
I've been researching and reading reviews aboutt tribids featuring estat and am stuck trying to pick one that checks my boxes. I did try the LZX A7 that many rave about as a giant killer, but had QC problems on 2 consecutive units (MMCX connector, defective filter module) and am ready to invest a bit more to check the right boxes.

In rough descending order of current preference based on reviews and graphs: Kinera Nanna, TRI Starsea, Penon Volt, Thieaudio Monarch, Shouer EJ07 all around $700-$900, Mofaset Trio costs even less.... but I'm having a difficult time deciding and was hoping those who've experienced several of these could help me hone in on best fit for my preferences.

The first 3 listed use use Sonion BA's I believe, which I'm interested to try as sometimes Knowles BA's sound a bit unnatural to me, but of course that's just one factor and I'm sure it has as much to do with tuning as manufacturer.

I listen to a lot of classical music, acoustic jazz and some classic rock, so natural instrument timbre is more important to me than "in your face" excitement. Good soundstage, instrument separation and clean layering are more important to me than a big, thick sound as long as note weight isn't too anemic or thin. Quick, tuneful bass quality is more important to me than bass quantity, mids preferred to be musical / sweet toned and just a bit wet rather than too clinical, and top end with good sparkle / extension just short of shrill and fatiguing, even if it rolls off the very extreme upper frequencies.

I will drive balanced with a FiiO BTR5, or if impedance isn't too mismatched (EG - the Nanna is 60 Ohms!) perhaps my Feliks-Audio Elise.

I know there may not be a perfect choice in this price tier and compromises may need to be made. That said, i'd be grateful for input and opinions from this thread.
I have not been fortunate enough to afford some of the IEMs you mention but I can heartily recommend the TRI Starsea based on your preferences. They are wonderful for classical music.

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #32,707 of 33,689

In rough descending order of current preference based on reviews and graphs: Kinera Nanna, TRI Starsea, Penon Volt, Thieaudio Monarch, Shouer EJ07 all around $700-$900, Mofaset Trio costs even less.... but I'm having a difficult time deciding and was hoping those who've experienced several of these could help me hone in on best fit for my preferences.

I have not been fortunate enough to afford some of the IEMs you mention but I can heartily recommend the TRI Starsea based on your preferences. They are wonderful for classical music.
I totally agree. For classical music the Starsea is excellent. They do need break-in, burn-in, but a top choice for classical music

Dec 9, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #32,708 of 33,689
I've been researching and reading reviews aboutt tribids featuring estat and am stuck trying to pick one that checks my boxes.

In rough descending order of current preference based on reviews and graphs: Kinera Nanna, TRI Starsea, Penon Volt, Thieaudio Monarch, Shouer EJ07 all around $700-$900, Mofaset Trio costs even less....
Did you mean the Tri Starlight? It is the tribrid with Sonion ESTs. The Starsea is a hybrid with a DD & and BAs only.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #32,709 of 33,689
Did you mean the Tri Starlight? It is the tribrid with Sonion ESTs. The Starsea is a hybrid with a DD & and BAs only.
Yes, I absolutely did mean Starlight. Post corrected, and thanks for the catch!

Dec 15, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #32,711 of 33,689
I'm looking for a very comfortable pair of IEM, with small dimensions.
Budget around 200-250$.
What models are considered small & comfy?
Thanks!!
Final Audio E series, Moondrop SSR and SSP. How small do you need it, and what kind of sound are you looking for?

Dec 15, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #32,712 of 33,689
I'm looking for a very comfortable pair of IEM, with small dimensions.
Budget around 200-250$.
What models are considered small & comfy?
Thanks!!
Smabat NCO. Tiny size, huge sound.

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #32,713 of 33,689
More news stuff from CVJ. This time it’s the Mirror, and it’s over $50

BE71DFB1-4924-4B52-8667-C97664A2C262.jpeg6C845E4B-5EDF-4D4F-912B-601BC29F6007.jpeg6C709B66-9544-40D4-B8F6-3FC24F6C67B9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back