Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 30, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #32,026 of 33,689
- ISN D02
- NF Audio NA2
- UrbanFun YBF (has QC concerns though)
- FiiO FH3 (recent QC concerns though)

Note, I haven’t heard the Starfield, but can easily recommend the above IEMs based on their sound. They all have good bass, that’s punchy and percussive.
@MikonJuice Can't go wrong with @IEMusic 's recommendations!

Sep 30, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #32,027 of 33,689
The one iem that impressed me the most was the FH3. The QC problem had hurt my feelings, as I was ready to buy them!

Maybe this one will be my next target: NF Audio NA2

Thanks for the great recommendations!

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #32,028 of 33,689
if it's the same bl03 sound with better fit, I think this will be a solid rec,

Looking at the sensitivity and the specs, I'd bet that it's a rebadged BL-01. Not a bad thing, especially as the price is still low. Fit wise, I fond them to fit better than the BL-03 but the stock tips are virtually useless.

Oct 1, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #32,029 of 33,689
Tin T2+ is by far the best IEM I have purchased in 2020. Absolutely get why everyone is raving about it. I had T2 Pro and it blows them completely out of water. This is almost as good as KB100. Might be better than them tbh. And I'm yet to change the cable to balanced out and tip roll. Only way from here is upwards. For $44, totally worth every penny. More than technicalities and all that jazz, what I love about them is that they sound fresh and fantastic. Neutral on budget.

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #32,030 of 33,689
Tin T2+ is by far the best IEM I have purchased in 2020. Absolutely get why everyone is raving about it. I had T2 Pro and it blows them completely out of water. This is almost as good as KB100. Might be better than them tbh. And I'm yet to change the cable to balanced out and tip roll. Only way from here is upwards. For $44, totally worth every penny. More than technicalities and all that jazz, what I love about them is that they sound fresh and fantastic. Neutral on budget.

yup, after listening to it longer now, my early impression on it still stands: still one of my most favorite tuning ever, price not being a factor

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #32,032 of 33,689
yup, after listening to it longer now, my early impression on it still stands: still one of my most favorite tuning ever, price not being a factor

I agree. This is what I've mostly wanted from my IEMs. Also, I'm using Senn CX3.00 tips with them. Improves seal and bass gets that oomph and bite without compromising on anything.. And, the stock T2+ tips are perfect fit on BL03 so I've already found a purpose for the accessories provided OOTB.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #32,033 of 33,689
I agree. This is what I've mostly wanted from my IEMs. Also, I'm using Senn CX3.00 tips with them. Improves seal and bass gets that oomph and bite without compromising on anything.. And, the stock T2+ tips are perfect fit on BL03 so I've already found a purpose for the accessories provided OOTB.
I usually try to identify the best or most unique feature of each IEM that I listen to. With the T2+, for me, it’s the treble. It just sounds so crisp and airy, with wonderful extension. Just from my memory, I think it has the most extended sounding treble of any single DD IEM that I’ve heard thus far, edging out the T4 and FDX1. It’s not bright either, and the rest of the spectrum is really well balanced.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #32,034 of 33,689
I usually try to identify the best or most unique feature of each IEM that I listen to. With the T2+, for me, it’s the treble. It just sounds so crisp and airy, with wonderful extension. Just from my memory, I think it has the most extended sounding treble of any single DD IEM that I’ve heard thus far, edging out the T4 and FDX1. It’s not bright either, and the rest of the spectrum is really well balanced.

For me, it's the timbre. Detailed, full and especially suited for acoustic instruments as each note is allowed to linger in the air for just a moment.

Oct 1, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #32,035 of 33,689

Totally. It wows me every time I use them. I mean it's just brilliant.

For me, it's the timbre. Detailed, full and especially suited for acoustic instruments as each note is allowed to linger in the air for just a moment.

You took words out of my mouth. If I have to say, it is perfect balance of musicality and technicality. They're really good with or without the price tag

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #32,036 of 33,689
Is the the FH3 it chief? I asked for a recommendation earlier in this thread (Then started another thread " https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tfz-galaxy-t2-upgrade.943469/ " )

And after reading a lot about it, it kinda sound like a very very capable sweet spot (Price/Performance) kinda IEM.

If so, Will it sound better balanced? (Using a BTR5) and if so which cable would you recommend? and can I ask for a regular non balanced cable for it tooo, as it seems its biggest weakness is the bulky cable.

Thanks

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #32,037 of 33,689
Just sharing my brief observation on the NM2+.

The NM2+ boasts a wide holographic soundstage and imaging, much better than the ISN Audio D02 which also feature the same highlights. The bass has excellent control and balance once you get a proper fit and seal with the help of good tips selection. Subbass and midbass blend perfectly so none of them feels more accentuated than the other. Both ISN Audio's D02 and H40 have more bass quantity than the NM2+, which comes close to a neutral bass response as for my preference. The midrange has great clarity and transparency leading up to the highs. Having been more accustomed to Penon Orb's rich vocals, I feel as though the NM2+ has thinner lower mids but gets quite boosted from the upper mids. This causes some noticable sibilances on some tracks, especially on female dominated ones. It doesn't get peaky and still within my tolerance, therefore not fatiguing even for longer listening sessions. The treble, overall, feels slightly unnatural but gives out amazing details from every track. I consider the overall tuning as bright. Thanks to the holographic soundstage and airiness of the mids, I'm not hearing any congestion which might lead to an 'in your face' kind of listening. The sound just envelops you within the perceivable stage that is wide and deep. I believe NF Audio was able to achieve this spaciousness in sound with the help of their dual cavity design on their shells.

Other noteworthy features include the usual NF Audio product presentation; packaging aesthetics, the premium all metal build of the shells, the simple yet exquisite design of the earpieces, and the beautifully designed stock SPC cable.

IMG_20201004_133810_229.jpg

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #32,038 of 33,689
Just sharing my brief observation on the NM2+.

The NM2+ boasts a wide holographic soundstage and imaging, much better than the ISN Audio D02 which also feature the same highlights. The bass has excellent control and balance once you get a proper fit and seal with the help of good tips selection. Subbass and midbass blend perfectly so none of them feels more accentuated than the other. Both ISN Audio's D02 and H40 have more bass quantity than the NM2+, which comes close to a neutral bass response as for my preference. The midrange has great clarity and transparency leading up to the highs. Having been more accustomed to Penon Orb's rich vocals, I feel as though the NM2+ has thinner lower mids but gets quite boosted from the upper mids. This causes some noticable sibilances on some tracks, especially on female dominated ones. It doesn't get peaky and still within my tolerance, therefore not fatiguing even for longer listening sessions. The treble, overall, feels slightly unnatural but gives out amazing details from every track. I consider the overall tuning as bright. Thanks to the holographic soundstage and airiness of the mids, I'm not hearing any congestion which might lead to an 'in your face' kind of listening. The sound just envelops you within the perceivable stage that is wide and deep. I believe NF Audio was able to achieve this spaciousness in sound with the help of their dual cavity design on their shells.

Other noteworthy features include the usual NF Audio product presentation; packaging aesthetics, the premium all metal build of the shells, the simple yet exquisite design of the earpieces, and the beautifully designed stock SPC cable.

Completely agree with your impressions. I am really enjoying mine. Btw what tips are you using with them? Also have you done any cable upgrade? Thanks

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #32,039 of 33,689
Completely agree with your impressions. I am really enjoying mine. Btw what tips are you using with them? Also have you done any cable upgrade? Thanks

Xelastec just arrived today and I'm getting a better seal. Bass got a little more oomph and rumble to it now. Haven't tried other cables but I'm planning to get some good quality copper for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back