Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 28, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #31,996 of 33,689
I like your music selections. I would think a good balanced sounding IEM would be ideal, but one with deep bass response. Air travel needs exceptional passive isolation or ANC. There are a ton of great options up to your price limit, but where you live might make some option impractical.

My #1 recommendation would be the FiiO FH3, but I don’t know how available it is where you live, and there have been some QC problems recently, so you should get it from a store that will take returns easily. Isolation is not exceptional, but is better than average, with foam tips and probably with multi-flange tips.

I really like the ISN D02, and it has very good isolation with foam tips, but it has boosted upper midrange frequencies, which might sound quite harsh with some of your music selections. I use a small piece of micropore tape to solve this issue on my pair.

The ThieAudio Legacy 3 is another great sounding IEM. Isolation is the best of these 3 IEMs, but it has been plagued by QC issues as well. I happened to get a really good copy.

The Etymotic ER2XR has a neutral sound, but with decent bass quantity, and very good sub bass extension. Isolation is easily one of the best, when using the stock triple-flange tips. The deep insertion is something to consider, but people often can get used to it. It doesn’t bother me at all, but some people hate sticking things deep in their ears.

IEMs with only BA drivers, that are not vented, usually have some of the best isolation, but if you haven’t heard BA bass, you really should, to see if it is acceptable to you.

Isolation is the main challenge that I have with coming up with good recommendations. Will see if I and others can add more options.
I Dont worry too much about isolation, do suggest me what ever comes in your mind according to my music selection.

Can you please tell me something about this two "AK Billie Jean & BGVP DM6" do let me know which will you pick or which one is better.

Thankyou so much bro.

Sep 28, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #31,997 of 33,689
I Dont worry too much about isolation, do suggest me what ever comes in your mind according to my music selection.

Can you please tell me something about this two "AK Billie Jean & BGVP DM6" do let me know which will you pick or which one is better.

Thankyou so much bro.
Sorry, I haven‘t heard either of those IEMs, but is why I recommended that you listen to bass from BA-only IEMs (if you haven't already), to make sure you like it first. I know the DM6 had a lot of fans, but that QC was a concern with it as well. Hopefully others that have direct experience will contribute, but you might not get much feedback on the AK Billie Jean on this thread.

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #31,998 of 33,689
I’d love to read your impressions on them if you’d like to share :D

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #31,999 of 33,689
I Dont worry too much about isolation
But that's the only way to achieve the desired bass... a proper seal. In my opinion. without a proper seal the intended sound signature of an iem will never shine through.

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #32,000 of 33,689
Thankyou for the quick reply
1- I better mention the artists I love to listen that will explain the genres better "Green Day, Linkin park, James Blunt, coldplay, adele, Imagin dragons, owl city, one republic & bollywood music".
2) sound signature i dont know much about this if you can make out from the artists i have mentioned. I guess its Balanced signature.... correct me if!!
3) I am looking for both during travel and at home mostly travel (flights).
4) Around 150$.
5) should have decent bass with low end punch.

If you have to buy any of this according to my music taste "AK Billie Jean & BGVP DM6" please do let me know which will you pick.
TRI I3 would be a near perfect fit for those genres (minus maybe green day). But you need to have a relatively powerful source. If you don't have that...
Backup pick: Ibasso IT00.

I wouldn't recommend all BA pairs in that price range for the music you listen to....

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #32,001 of 33,689
But that's the only way to achieve the desired bass... a proper seal. In my opinion. without a proper seal the intended sound signature of an iem will never shine through.
You can have a proper seal with poor isolation.

Sep 29, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #32,002 of 33,689
Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #32,003 of 33,689
Thanks for the headsup.

Actually it is still an IEM though, cause the tip goes into the ear canal and seals (unlike a true earbud). But maybe it can be worn cable down.

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #32,004 of 33,689
Thanks for the headsup.

Actually it is still an IEM though, cause the tip goes into the ear canal and seals (unlike a true earbud). But maybe it can be worn cable down.
It's the same design as Blon BL-01 and Nicehck EP10, which I used to own, so yeah, it can bo worn cable down.

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #32,006 of 33,689
if it's the same bl03 sound with better fit, I think this will be a solid rec,

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #32,008 of 33,689
if it's the same bl03 sound with better fit, I think this will be a solid rec,

I’ve got bad news for you. Anyone who has trouble with the fit of the BL03 (due to the short nozzle), is REALLY gonna have problems with the fit of the BL-T3. Assuming it uses the exact same shell as the EP10, the nozzle is comically short.

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #32,009 of 33,689
Sep 29, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #32,010 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back