Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 4, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #32,041 of 33,689
Do all tips fit every IEM? Or.. if not what would be some great double or tripple flanged tips for a pair of Linsoul TFZ No. 3?
Also what does foam do compared to silicone?

Nope, u gotta know the diameter of the nozzle of your IEM. Some models like Westone come in a very thin nozzle, some come in larger nozzle diameters.

Foam tips in general tends to tame the treble, but do note that foam generally needs to be changed every few weeks as they disintegrate.

Silicone tips generally last longer. This is rather dependent on eartip anatomy, so YMMV, but I find in general narrower bore silicone tips tend to increase bass, whereas wider bore silicone tips tend to increase treble.

The TFZ No. 3 actually has a big assortment of eartips included (silicone), they have wide bore and narrow ones. I find the No. 3 is a basshead set, so if u are bass averse, you might get a better balancing of the bass when the wider bore tips are used. I find the narrow bore ones make the midbass bleed on the TFZ No. 3 too pronounced due to the copious bass quantities. Haven't tried any flanged tips with the TFZ No. 3.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #32,042 of 33,689
Nope, u gotta know the diameter of the nozzle of your IEM. Some models like Westone come in a very thin nozzle, some come in larger nozzle diameters.

Foam tips in general tends to tame the treble, but do note that foam generally needs to be changed every few weeks as they disintegrate.

Silicone tips generally last longer. This is rather dependent on eartip anatomy, so YMMV, but I find in general narrower bore silicone tips tend to increase bass, whereas wider bore silicone tips tend to increase treble.

The TFZ No. 3 actually has a big assortment of eartips included (silicone), they have wide bore and narrow ones. I find the No. 3 is a basshead set, so if u are bass averse, you might get a better balancing of the bass when the wider bore tips are used. I find the narrow bore ones make the midbass bleed on the TFZ No. 3 too pronounced due to the copious bass quantities. Haven't tried any flanged tips with the TFZ No. 3.

Dunno why but all your effort answering every questions with lot details and informations really made me like reading official head-fi wikipedia.
You just answered every single question with heart. Glad to have someone like you in community. Cheers to @baskingshark everyone!

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #32,043 of 33,689
Dunno why but all your effort answering every questions with lot details and informations really made me like reading official head-fi wikipedia.
You just answered every single question with heart. Glad to have someone like you in community. Cheers to @baskingshark everyone!

You and the rest are helpful too. I like your graphs, mods and comparisons too friend!

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #32,045 of 33,689
Oct 4, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #32,046 of 33,689
Well, after this holiday in china is over. I will be buying the IEC711 clone on aliexpress. So hopefully I can start measuring my stuff. Got around 60 iems and a few of them (LZ A6/A7, Thieaudio V3) have a lot of tuning configs. So maybe I will have around 80 entries? Oh boy I will have a ton of work to do. :joy:

(Credits to @Precogvision and @Banbeucmas for showing me where to buy it and how to set it all up, appreciate the help.)

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #32,047 of 33,689

What kind of foam tips are you using ?

I use INAIR foam the same tip since 2 years dayli with my tin t2. I wash them every 2 weeks in my sink with anti bacterial soap and let them dry in air and they are fresh like on the first day no signs of disintegrate

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #32,048 of 33,689
Well, after this holiday in china is over. I will be buying the IEC711 clone on aliexpress. So hopefully I can start measuring my stuff. Got around 60 iems and a few of them (LZ A6/A7, Thieaudio V3) have a lot of tuning configs. So maybe I will have around 80 entries? Oh boy I will have a ton of work to do. :joy:

(Credits to @Precogvision and @Banbeucmas for showing me where to buy it and how to set it all up, appreciate the help.)
These 711 clones work great. I build a custom stand for me. To be able to mount over ears and reduce vibrations while measuring in ears

Its out of 3cm thick mdf thats the stuff they use on speakers so they dont vibrate

20201004_201657.jpg
20201004_201605.jpg
20201004_201522.jpg
20201004_201510.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #32,049 of 33,689

No problem, glad to help

Oct 4, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #32,050 of 33,689
Just my 2 cents for your queries:
1) Driver count is not as important as tuning IMHO. U can have multi driver monstrosities like in KZs and TRNs but they ain't coherent or have cross over problems. If $300 is the limit, u can consider: [...]
- TRI I3 - $160 USD. weird 1DD + 1 planar + 1 BA config. But very very coherent and well balanced, smooth mids when amped. The planars handling the mids need amping though. They are power hungry. Very non fatiguing and smooth and big soundstage at this price, almost like speakers when amped. Don't try it with low powered sources like smartphones, pretty meh. The treble is not the most extended so trebleheads may need to look elsewhere. Bass is north of neutral and tight when amped.

Hi guys,
Tri i3 looks quite interesting. How do you think, would Aune m1s balanced 2.5mm out drive those to their potential, o better look elsewhere? Quick specs are: 8 – 300ohm, 110 mW @ 32 ohm single-ended, and 180 mW @ 32 ohm through balanced, SNR 120 dB.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #32,051 of 33,689
Hi guys,
Tri i3 looks quite interesting. How do you think, would Aune m1s balanced 2.5mm out drive those to their potential, o better look elsewhere? Quick specs are: 8 – 300ohm, 110 mW @ 32 ohm single-ended, and 180 mW @ 32 ohm through balanced, SNR 120 dB.
I am driving TRI I3 as I type from FiiO BTR5, 240 mW balanced and it is clearly more than sufficient, so i think you would be fine with the Aune as well, especially given it's high sensitivity.

Oct 4, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #32,052 of 33,689
Hi guys,

Shouldn't be a problem. I'll dig out my M1s tomorrow and give it a try.

Oct 4, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #32,053 of 33,689
What kind of foam tips are you using ?

I use INAIR foam the same tip since 2 years dayli with my tin t2. I wash them every 2 weeks in my sink with anti bacterial soap and let them dry in air and they are fresh like on the first day no signs of disintegrate

I used comply foams and some generic ones from aliexpress, thanks for the info, maybe I will try this INAIR foam.

Hi guys,

I think it should be sufficient as the others above advised.

Oct 4, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #32,054 of 33,689
Tin T2+ is by far the best IEM I have purchased in 2020. Absolutely get why everyone is raving about it. I had T2 Pro and it blows them completely out of water. This is almost as good as KB100. Might be better than them tbh. And I'm yet to change the cable to balanced out and tip roll. Only way from here is upwards. For $44, totally worth every penny. More than technicalities and all that jazz, what I love about them is that they sound fresh and fantastic. Neutral on budget.

In regards to KB100... are they similar in signature? tin t2+

I'm deciding whether to buy these along with a set of used Rose Mini's or wait for FH3 to ht Amazon uk

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #32,055 of 33,689
These 711 clones work great. I build a custom stand for me. To be able to mount over ears and reduce vibrations while measuring in ears
Bluetak da game
JPEG_20200617_004223.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back