Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #30,991 of 33,689
Sounds like I should get the Audiosense T180, KZ ZSX or CCA C12. Which one sounds more true to how the actual instruments sound in tone?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #30,992 of 33,689
Sounds like I should get the Audiosense T180, KZ ZSX or CCA C12. Which one sounds more true to how the actual instruments sound in tone?

In general, the single DD type sets have better timbre and accuracy of acoustic instruments compared to multi BA/hybrids (ZSX and CCA C12 are hybrids, while the Audiosense T180 is a single BA). But as we discussed above, at the budget segment, the multi BA tend to have better technicalities +/- isolation. So at that pricing, it is a matter of balancing the pros and cons, and it would be difficult to find a set that aces every department.

If I'm not mistaken, the Audiosense T180 uses knowles BA drivers, which tend to be dampened and have less of an edge definition and sound cleaner than bellsing BAs or other BA drivers in the KZs. I haven't tried the ZSX or CCA C12, so I can't tell u how the timbre is on these sets unfortunately. But I generally prefer knowles timbre compared to the bellsings for the BA/hybrids that I've used, and I am quite picky about instrument timbre.

One solution, since CHIFI is relatively affordable nowadays, is to get a $30 - $50 pair that is a BA/hybrid just for stage monitoring, and another $30 - $50 pair for casual music listening at home. I don't mind skipping a restaurant meal or two just to get another budget IEM. And anyway, most of the dedicated stage monitors are neutralish and may sound boring for casual music listening, but YMMV.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #30,993 of 33,689
To me, the timbre of the ZSX is pretty much the same as the ZS10 Pro. It’s mainly the tuning that is slightly different, and the size/shape of the IEM shell is different. FWIW, I really prefer DDs for bass and overall timbre, and most of my IEMs have a DD. However. for stage monitoring, I prefer BAs. I don’t really care about the timbre much, but the detail tends to be better, it’s easier to achieve great isolation, and the tuning of all BA IEMs seem to sound more balanced, which is necessary for a stage monitor.

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #30,994 of 33,689

One thing to note - Both the AudioSense T100 (Dynamic) and T180 (Balanced Armature) have very narrow nozzles, and not many aftermarket tips will fit securely. I have found that the SpinFit CP800-L works well for my ears.

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #30,995 of 33,689
One thing to note - Both the AudioSense T100 (Dynamic) and T180 (Balanced Armature) have very narrow nozzles, and not many aftermarket tips will fit securely. I have found that the SpinFit CP800-L works well for my ears.
If the nozzle is narrow enough to fit the CP800s, then the Shure triple-flange tips would probably also fit. Those tips provide superb isolation. To make them a little more comfortable, and decrease the treble attenuation, I cut off the smallest flange. The isolation is pretty much the same.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #30,996 of 33,689
@Grayson73 also to add to what @baskingshark and @IEMusic already informative suggestions, i read that you also sing, so you might benefit from a more V-shaped EQ, because the sound of our voice when the ears plugged is already resonating a bit much in our head, especially in the low-mids. usually singers (well, at least that i know of) prioritize on the bass and drums for fundamentals and tempo. other melodic instruments are welcomed but not a necessity.

i usually prefer silicone for general listening,
but for stages, especially longer and "sweaty" sessions, foams is better, because i don't have to adjust often and doesn't get itchy.

noise isolation and fit/comfort is the most priority for me,because sound can be EQd and mixed for our personal preference. i also prefer the lightest and slimmest cable possible.

there's also the KZ ZS3 back in the days, that one is a monster for noise isolation, and the fit is so much like a CIEM. once it's locked in it won't go anywhere.
soundwise it is warm and bassy, and may be not up to par with the latest KZ, but can be definitely EQd. or maybe go with the newer ZS4 and ZS3e, or other iteration of KZ that use the same shell

Jun 10, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #30,997 of 33,689
Thanks for everyone's responses for a stage monitor ~$50! My friend got the ZS10 Pro and it was very clear, but the highs sounded artificial. I'd like something more natural and accurate sounding in its tuning. My favorite IEMs are the LZ-A2/A2S and Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, for example. I've currently using the Tenore as my stage monitor.

The last few days, people have recommended all of these. Which one would you recommend based on the above, with decent isolation?

Hisenior B5+
CCA C16
KZ AS10
Tin Hifi T2
Final Audio E1000
MEE Audio M6 Pro G2
ZSX
CCA C12
ThieAudio Legacy 3
KZ BA10
TRN BA5
CVJ CSN
For a little more than $50 US dollars, get the new CCA-CA16.
With the combination of the DD and BA set-up, surprisingly they sound technically and naturally good. Purchase separate copper cables for them and you are set with excellent stage monitors giving the best hi-end sizzle and low end quick sounding sub-bass possible with an awesome sounding luscious midrange!
WeChat Image_20200603164331.jpg
WeChat Image_20200603164225.jpg

If you can't find the copper cables under CCA, you can definitely find them under KZ, since they are basically a joint company.
WeChat Image_20200608023654.jpg

Hope this helps you with your decision.

-Clear

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #30,998 of 33,689
Hello friends, the Aliexpress Summer Sale is starting on Jun 15, 12:00 AM PT, this is confirmed on their site. Sale prices are already forecasted! These are the lowest deals I've found while browsing Aliexpress, prices in USD.

Please feel free to add any good deals you guys see so we can all benefit as a community. If there's any lower prices than these, please also share with us! Sale prices are before stacking coupons, and occasionally prices are even lower if you follow some stores. And these are lowest desktop prices I've managed to find (the Aliexpress app tends to give a few cents to dollars off), so with coupons and app use, potentially the deal may be even sweeter:

Audiosense T180/T260/T300 - $34/53/96 respectively
Audiosense AQ3 - $152
Audiosense T800 - $268 ---> lowest I've seen it go for firsthand. Usually $298 USD. There's a new flagship called AQ7 coming soon, so possibly wait for reviews on the AQ7.
BLON BL-03 - $24
BLON BL-05 - $38
BQEYZ Spring 1 - $111 ---> u might wanna wait for reviews of the new Spring 2 that is supposedly launching soon. In general the sellers will clear the older models at cheaper pricing to make way for the newly launched gear, but the new gear will probably not be discounted significantly (if at all).
CCA C12 - $29
CCA C16 - $70
CCA CA16 - $51 (not to be confused with the CCA C16 which is a pure multi BA setup. This CCA CA16 is a newer model that just launched and is a hybrid).
CVJ CSN - $50
FAAEAL Datura Pro - $22 (earbud)
FAAEAL Hibiscus - $37
Hisenior B5+ - $76
ISN D10 - $148
KBEAR Diamond - $67 ---> lowest I've seen it go for firsthand. Usually $79 USD.
KBEAR KB04 - $25
Kinera Nanna - $706 --> tip courtesy of @RikudouGoku
KZ ZS10 Pro - $30
KZ ZSX - $33
LZ Z04A from $23 to 18 ---> tip courtesy of @RikudouGoku
LZ Z05A from $25 to 21 ---> tip courtesy of @RikudouGoku
LZ A6 - $209 ---> lowest I've seen it go before coupons. I think there's a new LZ A7 in the works, so possibly stock clearing time.
LZ A6 Mini - $51 ---> also lowest I've seen it go.
Mangird Tea - $262
Moondrop Blessing 2 - $319
NiceHCK DB3 - $15
NICEHCK M6 - $76
NICEHCK NX7 Pro - $85
Shozy Form 1.1 - $67
Shozy Form 1.4 - $179
Shuoer EJ07 - $755 ---> tip courtesy of @Plethora
Shuoer Tape - $116
SMABAT NCO - $51 ---> tip courtesy of @RikudouGoku
SMABAT ST10S (black silver) - $80 (earbud)
SMABAT ST10S (black gold) - $126 (earbud). ---> black gold is supposedly better sounding, higher impedance, so needs amping.
Tanchjim Cora - $47
Tanchjim Oxygen - $219
Tempotec Sonata HD Pro - $31 (Amp/DAC dongle) ---> super good deal, I bought one at the last Aliexpress sale @ $33 with stacking coupons and it is one of my recent 10/10 purchases. It can upgrade the sound in a humble smartphone/desktop to close to that of my desktop setup for cheap. I am most likely getting a second pair this sale as a backup. The hard part is sneaking a duplicate audio gear past my wife in the mail box.
TinHIFI T2 - $32
TinHIFI T4 - $89
TinHIFI P1 - $150
TFZ No. 3 - $90
TFZ Tequila - $66
Toneking Ninetails - $111
TRI I3 - $147
TRI I4 - $54 ---> tip courtesy of @RikudouGoku
TRN BA5 - $39
TRN V90 - $26
TRN VX - $65
Yincrow RW1000 - $69 (earbud)
7HZ i99 - $384 ---> tip courtesy of @RikudouGoku

Seems the hyped gear like Moondrop Starfield, ISN H40 and Audio Legacy 3 ain't on sale, but u can stack coupons with them to bring down the price a bit. Amazingly, Urbanfun YBF-ISS014's base price has even increased this sale LOL (do they know what is the meaning of the word sale?)

Happy shopping, sorry about your wallet in advance!

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #30,999 of 33,689
Happy shopping, sorry about your wallet in advance
As usual, you are always the first to provide the consolidated price list of the promo event. Thank you so much, it helps my search but bad for my wallet :sweat_smile:

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #31,000 of 33,689
As usual, you are always the first to provide the consolidated price list of the promo event. Thank you so much, it helps my search but bad for my wallet :sweat_smile:

Are u gonna get anything this sale?

I wanted to get a Shanling Q1 or Fiio M3 Pro DAP but the discounts are pretty meh for these. Oh wells, will see if can do enough coupon gymnastics to lower the prices enough.

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #31,001 of 33,689

I wanted to get a Shanling Q1 or Fiio M3 Pro DAP but the discounts are pretty meh for these. Oh wells, will see if can do enough coupon gymnastics to lower the prices enough.

I have L3 and Tri I3 in my wish list but the review of Penon Orb has been so tempted as it seems their signature is similar to H40.
I have an impression that H40 is better than D10 which I own. The thing is I do not want to have another mmcx IEM anymore. I hope the Penon Orb will be the upgrade so I can learn what it means technically better.

I might not buy anything and save up for Penon Orb instead.

Cheers

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #31,002 of 33,689

Just an off-topic question: Which source do you use often?

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #31,003 of 33,689
Btw, I ordered below earbud two days ago. I do not want to wait until sales as I beĺieve the price won't be much different and hope the shipping will be faster as everyone might wait for sales.
20200610_172104.jpg

#Aliexpress SG$ 25.56 5%OFF | DIY PK2 earphone sound good in-ear earphone fever silver plated wire with mic/without mic
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dX1zBmg

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #31,005 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back