Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 8, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #30,961 of 33,689
How is the isolation?

Fairly good, I'd say above average since they fit very snugly in my ears. The included clear silicone tips are good with regard to isolation, though they are a bit short, which in my case can make the fit so snugly that they block the two vents facing the inside of the ear and can make them sound slightly muffled - easily solved with some tip rolling.

I actually used the CA16 with the included tips as earplugs while drilling in my kitchen's wall, and they were quite competent.

Jun 8, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #30,962 of 33,689
Hi all,

I haven't been on this thread previously, but just saw an ad for a KB Ear IEM, ended up looking at that, then at a review, which mentioned a dual-DD Chi-Fi IEM, and it got me to thinking..

I was wondering if there are any budget to mid-fi (but ideally budget) IEMs that have a sound signature reminiscent of the Empire Ears Legend X (or Nemesis)?
Ones that feature twin dynamic drivers in each side, and which can deliver head-shaking bass impact and slam, but ideally maintaining an at least vaguely audiophile sound signature otherwise?
Maybe that's a long shot, but there seems to be such a rapid pace of development and proliferation in the Asian IEM market that I thought I might as well ask and see! :)

Jun 8, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #30,963 of 33,689
Hi all,

I haven't been on this thread previously, but just saw an ad for a KB Ear IEM, ended up looking at that, then at a review, which mentioned a dual-DD Chi-Fi IEM, and it got me to thinking..

I was wondering if there are any budget to mid-fi (but ideally budget) IEMs that have a sound signature reminiscent of the Empire Ears Legend X (or Nemesis)?
Ones that feature twin dynamic drivers in each side, and which can deliver head-shaking bass impact and slam, but ideally maintaining an at least vaguely audiophile sound signature otherwise?
Maybe that's a long shot, but there seems to be such a rapid pace of development and proliferation in the Asian IEM market that I thought I might as well ask and see! :)

I haven't heard the Empire Legends IEMs, but the DUNU DM-480 is a dual DD set that has quite subwoofer like bass. The bass is linearly descending from the midbass to subbass though, so it doesn't have the midbass punch of a typical bass head set. But the bass is pretty fast for a DD and quite accurate and subbass extension/quantity is good (I'm a basshead). The DUNU DM-480 isn't an audiophile signature though, it is quite V shaped with recessed mids and a slightly brighter upper mids/treble. Also it is weak in the timbre and vocals department. But soundstage is good and isolation is superb (it isn't vented for a DD set). So it makes a good transit daily beater type IEM, as it preserves the bass frequencies in noisy environments, but for home listening, there are better sets out there for sure.

Jun 8, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #30,964 of 33,689
Hi all,

Took a look with crinacle´s site, doesnt look like there is anything with that much bass as the legendx/nemesis
1591624404202.png

Maybe the TFZ No.3? But it is a single DD not 2 DD like you wanted.

graph (3).png

Legend x green
Nemesis blue
No.3 purple

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #30,965 of 33,689
@Layman1 If you include everything that has at least 1 dd then maybe the Final Audio E5000 or Sony XBA-N3 can work? Although I have no idea how the bass in the legend x sounds like so maybe cant help much.

graph (4).png

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #30,967 of 33,689
Hi all,

The closest you can get to that in a budget is Final E5000. You'll need to hook it to a powerful DAP/Amp but once you do so, the resulting bass is highly textured, you can even feel the 18Hz rumble around your chest and has a gorgeous, thick midrange to boot.

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #30,969 of 33,689
Kinera bd005 or the ve bie
the bie just has too much bloaty bass and makes everything sounds muddy. Really bad in my opinion, only good for taking it out as a beater/I-Dont-Care set because of the build quality lol.

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #30,972 of 33,689

Thanks everyone for all your helpful responses so far!
This Kinera BD005.. More bass than the Legend X? My inner bass-head is already directing my fingers to the search bar.. :sweat_smile:
Of course, I appreciate that's a frequency chart and may not tell the whole story, but I'm going to take a look and see what I can find out :)

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #30,973 of 33,689
Send them over to me , ill keep them :wink:
lol, I keep them as a reference that I do not like a dark and muddy signature. They arent that expensive to get though...But you are better of spending that cash on earbuds instead :joy:

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #30,974 of 33,689
Other IEMs that closely match the bass of the EE LX (based on graphs), are the Beyerdynamic Xelento, CA Atlas, and ThieAudio L9. Unfortunately, they are all relatively pricy.

Users who are viewing this thread

• AIME
Back