Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 12, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #29,941 of 33,689
I briefly compared them to each other with few songs using the same eartips. These are just initial impressions so take this with a grain of salt: Form 1.4 seems to have slightly warmer tonality with smoother and more refined presentation. They have more full-bodied and "lusher" vibe. Form 1.1 sounds a bit thin and grainy in comparison and also brighter in the treble, perhaps little more sibilant. They seem to have clearly improved soundstage and imaging compared to Form 1.1, not by a ton but still. Form 1.4 has better textured and more defined bass, I didnt notice anything vastly different going on in the sub-bass, 1.4 might have a bit better extension in the lows but Im not 100% sure about that. Both emphasize midbass over subs.

So far it feels like they are an improvement over 1.1 to some degree, is it $100 improvement Im not sure yet. I have to listen more.

4HUpmLP.jpg
1.1 looks cooler though and we all know that's what's important, yes?

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #29,942 of 33,689
Have anyone possibly tried or owned Toneking P10? Im interested to try out some planar in-ears and they look tempting. I didnt find much information about them...

Their manufacturer-published FR graph wad published somewhere (I think Taobao) and it had peaks at 2kHz and 4kHz.

I can recommend the Tri I3 which is planar hybrid and has a one of the best tunings around.

Edit: P10 graph is here: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000147014277.html

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #29,943 of 33,689
1.1 looks cooler though and we all know that's what's important, yes?

Yeah I have to admit that Form 1.4 doesnt look as cool IRL as I hoped. You can barely see the patterning without proper lighting. Plus they havent really improved the build quality or the cable but well, Form 1.1 had very decent build for its price. Its really just a pure sound upgrade. I think 1.4 has better isolation than 1.1 ( probably because of the larger shell).

Their manufacturer-published FR graph wad published somewhere (I think Taobao) and it had peaks at 2kHz and 4kHz.

I can recommend the Tri I3 which is planar hybrid and has a one of the best tunings around.

I saw the graph on Aliexpress but I dont buy anything based on graphs only and graphs from manufacturers are usually at least questionable. BGGAR reviewed them on Youtube but I didnt get much out of his video. I guess I have to either blind purchase them or wait for reviews.

E: I managed to find one review, its written in china but Google Translator is your friend: https://xw.qq.com/cmsid/20191128A03MHS00

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #29,944 of 33,689
got my Shozy Form 1.1 and Final Audio E1000 today. E1000 is better than the moondrop spaceship but not by much, the final type E tips that comes with the E1000 is the real reason you should get the E1000 ( just think of the E1000 as your backup iem lol).

Moving on to the 1.1 and I can say that it is my second most favourite and also my best general recommendation.
The sound is very similar to the Blon 03, but it has better technicalities ( soundstage, instrument separation and details) ,less treble quantity and sub-bass quantity. Bass and mids in general are of higher quality with faster/tighter bass but with a bit lesser bass quantity.

Comparing it to the A6 ( yes It is on the same level) the mid-bass has more quantity but not as tight or fast. Mids are similar but the A6 has slightly better quantity and quality. Treble is much more relaxed as it doesnt have as much quantity, A6 however have quite clearly better quality ( it also has more air ( this can be a bit unnatural)). A6 is the treble monster while the 1.1 tries to stay as natural but still musical as possible.

This is my first impressions with the 1.1 and I will burn them in because of the beryllium driver. Will also probably make a review of this as I believe this really deserve it.

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #29,945 of 33,689
Guys whats the best chi-fi for $150? Tried Starfield and didn't like it at all - tiny sound with lots of detail lost. Also tried ZSX - liked it better, but it's a bit too bright to my taste, so kinda tiring.

Most important things for me are soundstage, detail and isolation, also bass should be accurate. I listen to electronic music (ambient, house), classical and some modern indie-type stuff, no pop / EDM at all.

Feb 12, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #29,947 of 33,689
Dunu DK-4001 is an IEM from China, made by Dunu TOPsound, a company that's been known to design some of the most complete IEMs, when it comes to their package and to their overall ergonomic design. I made an in-depth review about it on audiophile-heaven, and will also be posting the review on head-fi

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/02/nuance-and-finesse-dunu-dk-4001-iems-hulk-cable.html

Dunu-DK-4001-Hybrid-Dynamic-BA-IEMs-Earphones-Be-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-31.jpg

I have also made a video unboxing and review about the NiceHCK NX 7 PRO IEMs, which are one of the most interesting chifi at around 100 USD I tested so far. They really make some noise in the market, having detachable cables, removable and interchangeable faceplates along with multiple filters

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #29,948 of 33,689
Guys whats the best chi-fi for $150? Tried Starfield and didn't like it at all - tiny sound with lots of detail lost. Also tried ZSX - liked it better, but it's a bit too bright to my taste, so kinda tiring.

Most important things for me are soundstage, detail and isolation, also bass should be accurate. I listen to electronic music (ambient, house), classical and some modern indie-type stuff, no pop / EDM at all.
First time seeing this. Maybe the unit you demoed is defect unit. I don't think mine sound tiny or not detailed at all

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #29,949 of 33,689

For $70 I think the DUNU DM-480 can fit your criteria of soundstage, details and isolation. It is a dual dynamic (DD) driver set but sounds like a multi BA set in terms of technicalities and details. Isolation is superb, around 25 dB passive attenuation, soundstage is wide. Bass is linearly descending with superb subbass extension/quantity, and the bass is very accurate and textured.

The timbre and note weight is not the best, especially for the mids/treble, so it may suffer for vocals and classical music due to the poorer timbre for voices/acoustic instruments compared to traditional dynamic driver setups. At this pricing, usually the dynamic driver type IEMs will suffer in technicalities/details compared to multi BA sets, so it's pretty hard to find something that excels in every department unless you go to a much higher pricing.

I'm pretty sure that there are better gear around the $150 price mark that can also fufill your criteria, though factoring in "good isolation" as per your post may exclude a lot of good sounding gear. Hope the others can chime in and good luck in your search!

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #29,950 of 33,689

if you can stretch your budget a little bit, check on ISN H40, I've been hooked into them these past weeks, they sounded BIG, balance but not shouty at all, while still details but not tiring, tuning is very good in my opinion. They are quite sensitive but very airy, technicalities are above ZSX for sure, much wider and deeper soundstage with better layering with more natural soundstage than ZSX. Shell is quite big with protrude like ZSX, they are warmer than ZSX have very bold weighty mids yet still very clear.
I never heard starfield but I have Kanas Pro, the H40 is more details and fun and dynamic, I wont call the bass on H40 as fast but they are still faster than KP. KP mids sounded thinner if compared to H40. Isolation not the best but still better than KP and ZSX. looks like fit all your criteria except price.
Sounds to good to be true but this is not an advertisement, I bought mine full price, so my comments really aren't pushed by any hands here. I always tried to write my impressions honestly cause I care more about sound than manufacturer lol.

First time seeing this. Maybe the unit you demoed is defect unit. I don't think mine sound tiny or not detailed at all

perhaps as he mentioned he is listening to electronic, and more focused to highs about details, and starfield is very safe on trebles. Or he just want more. But as DD iems, starfield i believe isn't lack of details especially on mids (i assume they have similar presentation with KP / KXXS)

For $70 I think the DUNU DM-480 can fit your criteria of soundstage, details and isolation. It is a dual dynamic (DD) driver set but sounds like a multi BA set in terms of technicalities and details. Isolation is superb, around 25 dB passive attenuation, soundstage is wide. Bass is linearly descending with superb subbass extension/quantity, and the bass is very accurate and textured.

The timbre and note weight is not the best, especially for the mids/treble, so it may suffer for vocals and classical music due to the poorer timbre for voices/acoustic instruments compared to traditional dynamic driver setups. At this pricing, usually the dynamic driver type IEMs will suffer in technicalities/details compared to multi BA sets, so it's pretty hard to find something that excels in every department unless you go to a much higher pricing.

I'm pretty sure that there are better gear around the $150 price mark that can also fufill your criteria, though factoring in "good isolation" as per your post may exclude a lot of good sounding gear. Hope the others can chime in and good luck in your search!

for budget i also can recommend this the DM-480 have dual isobaric titanium DD that can cover bass line with fullness, they have details presentation too and wide soundstage. @baskingshark already mentioned their pros and i concur about that. But remenber their mids can be on thin side, but assuming you're going for electronics (without vocals?) they can be your option too.

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #29,951 of 33,689
if you can stretch your budget a little bit, check on ISN H40,

Thanks a lot for your input.
That's my target now indeed seems like the best of the current ones

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #29,952 of 33,689

Try the Shuoer Tape. It fulfils your request for soundstage, isolation and detail and has excellent bass. The electrostatic tweeter delivers excellent detail. It sounds great with classical and ambient (two of my preferred genres).

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #29,953 of 33,689
Try the Shuoer Tape. It fulfils your request for soundstage, isolation and detail and has excellent bass. The electrostatic tweeter delivers excellent detail. It sounds great with classical and ambient (two of my preferred genres).
I wouldn't recommend the tape because of the QC.

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #29,954 of 33,689

Seeking my next purchase in the sub-$150 range, and I'm seeing more about the DM480, which has good isolation (like T800) and a small database-designed fit (like DM6). But then again, I look around and hear wonderful things about the Shozy Form 1.1, the Tin Hifi P1, and you and others have been singing the praises of the Kbear Diamond.

I don't care much about timbre, since my ears heard nothing wrong listening to rock & alternative music with the ZS10 Pros. How would you help me narrow down the search?

Feb 13, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #29,955 of 33,689

Was my choice too but I heard it is super bright and ppl who recommend it always say they jumped through some hoops like switching several cables or something to like it. Did you like it out of the box?

How bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back