Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 6, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #29,911 of 33,689
Feb 7, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #29,913 of 33,689
Get the E1000. Better cable than the E3000 and a really balanced sounding IEM in general (also cheaper, obviously). You'll also get all the tips you need so win-win. Kinera Tyr also has the tips but the stems are not color-coded and I love them color-coded stems. :wink:
Agree, though i get the E1000 for the tips haha..

Feb 7, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #29,914 of 33,689
Anyone have the Final Audio E3000? Interested in getting some Final Audio Type E tips and feel like I might as well get one of their iems at the same time ( stock tips is Type E, judging from pictures), but wondering if they are on the same level as chi-fi ( they are japanese right?).
I think they're brilliant, but depending on your preferences you might be better off with the E1000 or E2000.

Feb 7, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #29,915 of 33,689
Is there any stores that have stock in the EU/NA besides amazon? Due to the virus I believe that orders will have to wait a much longer time if its in china.

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #29,916 of 33,689
Holy effing crap. I just wandered in here after *not* being in here for at least a couple years...
My head is swimming seeing the endless reviews of all these new Chinese models.
I've been running UE Super.Fi-5s and Triple.Fi-10s (with various cables, Fiio and a couple others) for years now and never wanted for more.
Can any old-guard with experience with these and the heaps of new give me a quick rundown/synopsis of what the hell is going on with all of these?
Like bullet-points... I'm in overload.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #29,919 of 33,689
Have you had a chance to hear the Magaosi K5 and Meizu Live? Trying to decide between these 3 and don't really wanna got all of em...lol!
K5 definitely. Meizu Live nope. May I introduce you the ISN H40, I will take H40 over K5 & CP. Cheers!

Feb 8, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #29,920 of 33,689
What are your thoughts on the Shozy Form 1.1? Seems to have mixed reviews but BGGAR seems to like them alot.

Feb 8, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #29,921 of 33,689
Holy effing crap. I just wandered in here after *not* being in here for at least a couple years...
My head is swimming seeing the endless reviews of all these new Chinese models.
I've been running UE Super.Fi-5s and Triple.Fi-10s (with various cables, Fiio and a couple others) for years now and never wanted for more.
Can any old-guard with experience with these and the heaps of new give me a quick rundown/synopsis of what the hell is going on with all of these?
Like bullet-points... I'm in overload.
I had some super fi 5, back in the day. The shells fell apart, and the silver cable went copper green. I'd say kz zsn sound as good but are better built and about 1/8 the price. They also fit better. Buy a few cheap phones from kz or trn, see how you like them. They are tuned slightly higher in the upper mods 2k to 4khz area though. That's typical chi fi sound.

Can't comment on the tf10 I was too poor to buy them.

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #29,922 of 33,689
Just made a little ranking list of my own, that is ranked solely on my subjective taste and is not the same as the list in my signature ( Which is the list used for recommending to others). Thats the reason why for example the Shuoer Tape has a higher rank on the ranking list than say the Dunu DM-480 even though the DM-480 is higher on the signature list. ( as the qc problems with the Tape makes it almost impossible to recommend to others)

(Thanks goes to @crinacle for allowing me to use his ranking style, even though it is a bit different)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: This ranking list can be used to see if you and I have similar preferences and therefore easier to see if something I review is up to your tastes.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #29,923 of 33,689
"KB EAR has done a great job with the Diamond. It is tuned with a widely appealing v-shaped sound that for the most part provides a quality experience. Mid-bass is much too abundant for my tastes and the sound stage too confined, but those qualities end up being not as bad as they might sound at first. Material quality is excellent and while small details needed some attending to on my sample (crinkled paint for example), I have no doubt this earphone will take some abuse and last a long time. Part of that is because of the beefy, well-matched cable. In terms of extras, I like the quality case and included tips, but the red-cored set could easily be swapped out for something different (bi-flange maybe?). They provide an experience very similar to the tuners’ recommended set (black, single flange) and come across redundant.

Overall a very nice earphone and a great value at 79 USD. These are a crowd pleaser for sure."

Head-Fi / The Contraptionist

P1020242.JPGP1020240.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back