Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 27, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #27,782 of 33,689
The latest "Pro" CHIFI IEM has come to town:
the **** Pro ---- 1DD + 2BA + 1 Piezo @ $29.90

Check out the Aliexpress site for it, as certain links/pics cannot be put up unfortunately.

Is the extra 1 BA worth double the price?
Is this the new hypetrain for this month?
Any brave headfiers wanna take one for the team and get one?
Was about to post this myself:wink:
I'm actually considering getting it on 11.11. The price will probably be lower + it could be further reduced with coupons. I think when the original first came out it was at a similar price level.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #27,783 of 33,689
The latest "Pro" CHIFI IEM has come to town:
the **** Pro ---- 1DD + 2BA + 1 Piezo @ $29.90

Check out the Aliexpress site for it, as certain links/pics cannot be put up unfortunately.

Is the extra 1 BA worth double the price?
Is this the new hypetrain for this month?
Any brave headfiers wanna take one for the team and get one?
that is a very ugly earphone right now, it looks like a prototype and probably is at that point, it will be better to wait a bit

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #27,784 of 33,689
**** is a fine earphone for the price, very technical, the treble is well done for piezo, a lot better than NX7, it has some timber issues, the midrange lack a bit of density, the coherency between the drivers is not there, it sound like they have their own mind, but amazing extension at both ends and very detailed, probably one of the best for that price
with the new model you have one more very cheap BA driver, in my opinion that will not be an improvement in the tonality, it will probably add more upper mids
but lets see, miracles can happen in chi fi

Oct 27, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #27,785 of 33,689
Was about to post this myself:wink:
I'm actually considering getting it on 11.11. The price will probably be lower + it could be further reduced with coupons. I think when the original first came out it was at a similar price level.

Like most other CHIFI and audio gear, I think if u wait a few months, the price usually drops from the launch price. (Unless a particular CHIFI IEM gets hyped to the moon and the sellers wisen to it and jack up the price later).

Just 2 - 3 years ago, there were so few CHIFI releases that I bought whatever CHIFI stuff was released at launch. I was happy to spend the coin at launch prices on stuff like KZ ZS6 and later ZS10 (non pro) as there was not much CHIFI competition then.
But this year especially, there are literally weekly releases for CHIFI IEMs, and by so many other brands. We are so spoilt for choices and options, that we have to wait for reviews before deciding which one to get as we can't get them all. Personally, I'm gonna wait for reviews of the **** Pro to filter down before deciding. But the original **** was a good set for the price, so I'll be watching this closely.

But then again, just 2 - 3 years ago, nobody would have believed a quad driver hybrid retailing at 29 bucks.

**** is a fine earphone for the price, very technical, the treble is well done for piezo, a lot better than NX7, it has some timber issues, the midrange lack a bit of density, the coherency between the drivers is not there, it sound like they have their own mind, but amazing extension at both ends and very detailed, probably one of the best for that price
with the new model you have one more very cheap BA driver, in my opinion that will not be an improvement in the tonality, it will probably add more upper mids
but lets see, miracles can happen in chi fi

Fully agree with your points on the ****, and ya, I don't think adding more BAs will improve timbre and tonality actually.
Well the last CHIFI miracle was the BLON BL-03, but I doubt lightning will strike twice in a few weeks haha.

that is a very ugly earphone right now, it looks like a prototype and probably is a that point, it will be better to wait a bit

Agreed, looks ugly for sure haha.
But between a piss ugly IEM with excellent sound vs a beautifully shelled IEM with crap sound, I'll take the good sounding one for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #27,786 of 33,689
What, the repetitive Blon argument or the cold!? :wink:

The cold and the crabbiness.

As for the problem of repetitiveness, if people would just read the last several pages (preferably more) of a thread before asking questions they would probably find the answers. Also, the search function works. Plus there are other threads covering the same discussions. It is not possible to properly use a forum of this type without knowing how to use Search. Information is cumulative. What is the point of keeping all these pages if no one is going to read them.

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #27,787 of 33,689
Also I doubt people who listen to classical are interested in "shaking windows"... Rather on getting the woody texture of a contrabass, which is something I can't hear on bass heavy iems.

I think people often underrate the importance of bass weight for classical music. There is something which I think of as "whomp", where you get a sense of the physical power, the attack, of a full orchestra, which definitely requires strong, defined bass. Also, you need good deep bass response to get a feel of the space of the concert hall all around. It's maybe more subtle than for pop/rock/whatever music, but it's still needed.

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #27,788 of 33,689
I think people often underrate the importance of bass weight for classical music. There is something which I think of as "whomp", where you get a sense of the physical power, the attack, of a full orchestra, which definitely requires strong, defined bass. Also, you need good deep bass response to get a feel of the space of the concert hall all around. It's maybe more subtle than for pop/rock/whatever music, but it's still needed.
Mozart and Bach with a bass guitar and a Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 :D

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #27,789 of 33,689
How does the BL01 compare to the BL03?

Less bass
Better imaging
SlIghtly less accurate timbre
More detail in the treble
Smaller soundstage
Better fitting
Can't replace cable
Easier to drive, a bit less fussy with tips.
The 01 sounds more like a bassier Tin T2 than it does a cheaper 03.

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #27,790 of 33,689
Too right. Absolute myth that classical music requires tinkly detailed IEMs with revealing high end. Wagner, Mahler and Holst need power.

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #27,791 of 33,689
@Cevisi
Get ePro Horn-shaped tips to collection, those are the best, or one of the best. :)
Wow they look very interesting because they are 14mm that is my size. How they sound where are the pro and con

I think i had to get them from poland they are not on ali or amazon de

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #27,792 of 33,689
Wow they look very interesting because they are 14mm that is my size. How they sound where are the pro and con

I think i had to get them from poland they are not on ali or amazon de
It's not simple to describe. Usually everything is better articulated - instruments gets its right place, soundstage getting larger, maybe a bit v-shape, but that depended to earphones.
For your iems I think it will be best pair for MH755 and Moondrop Kanas, for Dm6 I prefered Sony silicones, but ePro wasn't bad too
Graphene material is soft and light.

You shouldn't have any problem to get them from here https://audeos.pl/pl/p/ePro-Horn-Shaped-Tips-grafenowe-tipsy-do-sluchawek-dokanalowych-3-pary-w-rozmiarach-S,-M-i-L/1000

There's also something interesting - quite nice iems from Aune:
https://audeos.pl/pl/p/Aune-E1-etui-HC1-sluchawki-dokanalowe-z-berylowa-membrana/743

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #27,793 of 33,689
That's right. It's especially noticeable with orchestral bass drum and its decay and texture.

Oct 27, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #27,794 of 33,689
Mozart and Bach with a bass guitar and a Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 :D
Yes! Prophet 5! Check out "Selva" by Camel from their "Single Factor" album. Lovely keyboards!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #27,795 of 33,689
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend the V2 with IEM's. It's a very powerful device and would be overkill for 99% of the IEM's out there.
Thanks! The issue is that the T800s are supposedly extremely picky and I wouldn't want to get them unless I knew they'd be usable for me, if you see my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back