Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 17, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #25,471 of 33,689
Aug 17, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #25,472 of 33,689
Right, but 250$ too much for me in Brazil. Any on lower value?

Great, i will see these ones

Difficult question lol

Very good description of a good bass

Right, i will see, i'm sensitive to treble, like more warm sound with bass, not muddy, but not bright.
Easy pick would be the KZ ZS7. :point_left::yum:
Low price to performance ratio with quality housing of units. Low sub-bass extends nicely while maintaining excellent midrange and treble correlation without sounding harsh or sibilant. The detachable cables can easily be exchanged for better quality cables.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Aug 18, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #25,476 of 33,689
Aug 18, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #25,479 of 33,689
Some quick feedback - I ordered the ZS10 Pro because of your recommendations here and have been using them for monitoring - guitar only so far. I have foam tips on there and the isolation is just sufficient for playing with a not particularly quiet drummer.

I've also been using the C10 with foam tips - isolation is a bit less than the ZS10, but still sufficient if you don't play with the drummer from hell.

And guess what? I LOVE the balanced V sound signature on both of them. Don't know if I'll be able to go back to a truly neutral IEM after this. The upper mids on both models are brought forward with foam tips as opposed to silicone tips, and they provide more than enough definition in the upper midrange for me to hear my guitar very well in the mix, even if I don't have a separate aux send for monitoring.

The entire mix sounds nice and detailed, but also thick and chunky. The slight lack of isolation that I thought would bother me lets a little sound from my amp bleed through, thickening up the guitar sound in general and making everything sound like awesomeness.

I feel like a C16 or AS16 may be too anaemic in the bass department after these... I'll have to order at least the C16 regardless though - let's see how long I can stave off my curiosity.

So thanks for all your suggestions and help so far guys and gals! You've made me quite happy :D

Aug 18, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #25,480 of 33,689
Some quick feedback - I ordered the ZS10 Pro because of your recommendations here and have been using them for monitoring - guitar only so far. I have foam tips on there and the isolation is just sufficient for playing with a not particularly quiet drummer.

I've also been using the C10 with foam tips - isolation is a bit less than the ZS10, but still sufficient if you don't play with the drummer from hell.

And guess what? I LOVE the balanced V sound signature on both of them. Don't know if I'll be able to go back to a truly neutral IEM after this. The upper mids on both models are brought forward with foam tips as opposed to silicone tips, and they provide more than enough definition in the upper midrange for me to hear my guitar very well in the mix, even if I don't have a separate aux send for monitoring.

The entire mix sounds nice and detailed, but also thick and chunky. The slight lack of isolation that I thought would bother me lets a little sound from my amp bleed through, thickening up the guitar sound in general and making everything sound like awesomeness.

I feel like a C16 or AS16 may be too anaemic in the bass department after these... I'll have to order at least the C16 regardless though - let's see how long I can stave off my curiosity.

So thanks for all your suggestions and help so far guys and gals! You've made me quite happy :D

That's good to hear friend (no pun intended). Ever since I discovered the CHIFI world I have never used a pure neutral IEM for stage monitoring too and it suits me fine with their usual V shaped sound signature. I always felt stage monitoring for me required more definition in the lowest and highest frequencies to know what the rest of the band is doing, YMMV.

The C16 and AS16 will probably have less bass than ZS10 Pro, but does your band setup allow you to EQ certain frequencies? Those two may have a more analytical signature for details, so it might be worth a try for stage monitoring.

Also there are a few anticipated CHIFI IEMs coming out over the next few weeks (CCA C12, KZ terminator, TRN V90, BQEYZ spring 1, Audiosense hybrid), so they might turn out to be better than the above stuff we were recommending you. Hang on to your wallet lol.

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #25,482 of 33,689
Aug 18, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #25,483 of 33,689
Delete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back