1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. superuser1
    Spiral dots were the best out of the ones i tried.. I also remember @peter123 having iterated the same thing when i asked this very question ages ago.

Nimweth and peter123 like this.
  2. snip3r77
    Ok Thanks :)

3. Slater
    I use Auvios

snip3r77 and BadReligionPunk like this.
  4. 1clearhead
    Easy pick would be the KZ ZS7. :point_left::yum:
    Low price to performance ratio with quality housing of units. Low sub-bass extends nicely while maintaining excellent midrange and treble correlation without sounding harsh or sibilant. The detachable cables can easily be exchanged for better quality cables.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

5. BadReligionPunk
    I also settled on auvios.

snip3r77 and Slater like this.
  6. mochill
    You guys need the fender sureseal tip

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  7. Ziggomatic
    KZ Starlines for me.

snip3r77 likes this.
  8. baskingshark
    I use KZ starlines with my DT6 too.
    Anything is better than the stock red flange tips it came with lol.

1clearhead, superuser1 and Ziggomatic like this.
  9. SuperLuigi
    Currently I'm enjoy my Sony mh755, semarch cnt1 and my not so IEM, Koss KPH30i, which i know is off topic, but wow do these sound amazing for the price. Just top quality stuff.

LaughMoreDaily and HungryPanda like this.
  10. Slater
    Can they be purchased separately? I thought they only come with some of their IEMs.

Toastybob likes this.
  11. bemymonkey
    Some quick feedback - I ordered the ZS10 Pro because of your recommendations here and have been using them for monitoring - guitar only so far. I have foam tips on there and the isolation is just sufficient for playing with a not particularly quiet drummer.

I've also been using the C10 with foam tips - isolation is a bit less than the ZS10, but still sufficient if you don't play with the drummer from hell.

And guess what? I LOVE the balanced V sound signature on both of them. Don't know if I'll be able to go back to a truly neutral IEM after this. The upper mids on both models are brought forward with foam tips as opposed to silicone tips, and they provide more than enough definition in the upper midrange for me to hear my guitar very well in the mix, even if I don't have a separate aux send for monitoring.

The entire mix sounds nice and detailed, but also thick and chunky. The slight lack of isolation that I thought would bother me lets a little sound from my amp bleed through, thickening up the guitar sound in general and making everything sound like awesomeness.

I feel like a C16 or AS16 may be too anaemic in the bass department after these... I'll have to order at least the C16 regardless though - let's see how long I can stave off my curiosity.

So thanks for all your suggestions and help so far guys and gals! You've made me quite happy :D

12. baskingshark
    That's good to hear friend (no pun intended). Ever since I discovered the CHIFI world I have never used a pure neutral IEM for stage monitoring too and it suits me fine with their usual V shaped sound signature. I always felt stage monitoring for me required more definition in the lowest and highest frequencies to know what the rest of the band is doing, YMMV.

The C16 and AS16 will probably have less bass than ZS10 Pro, but does your band setup allow you to EQ certain frequencies? Those two may have a more analytical signature for details, so it might be worth a try for stage monitoring.

Also there are a few anticipated CHIFI IEMs coming out over the next few weeks (CCA C12, KZ terminator, TRN V90, BQEYZ spring 1, Audiosense hybrid), so they might turn out to be better than the above stuff we were recommending you. Hang on to your wallet lol.

13. bemymonkey
    I can EQ anything I want, I habe my own submixer and an entire rack of stuff I can hook up including parametric EQs. So far I haven't needed to use any of it at all, which is super impressive to me :D

As for the new releases... Oh God. I'd better go check for cash under my mattress :wink:

HungryPanda and baskingshark like this.
  14. Nimweth
    +1 for Spiral Dots!

15. Dani157
    Delete