Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 4, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #24,721 of 33,689
Here is a picture of the Balance 7, first planar from TFZ. :)

photo_2019-07-04_16-02-24.jpg

anyone here have the lz a6? can anyone give me more insight in this iems because there is not much info about them are they good for the price?
The A6 is pretty solid, I have yet to finish reviewing it. You can check Twister6 or Moonstar in the meantime. Cheers! :)

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #24,722 of 33,689
anyone here have the lz a6? can anyone give me more insight in this iems because there is not much info about them are they good for the price?

Fwiw my pair should be waiting for me at home next weekend when I get back from my current holiday.

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #24,723 of 33,689
No. They just sounded bad.

In this case it is certainly not about hearing things differently. Idk if they fixed issues or pulled-back bad units (unlikely) but I would keep away from those as there are lot of other great options for such price. Also, build quality was so-so, too plasticy feel to everything (they were very lightweight) and fixed cables are also kinda "last century".
I´m sure though that some units were good ones as some ppl gave very good impressions on these. It was my worst IEM ever and I didn`t want to try another one (still don`t).

Mine were definitely NOT out of phase, but I have to agree. I bought them based on the hype, but they always sounded strange. I am going to have another listen, and may try the double flange tips to see if they bring any improvement. I did not give them away yet, but was definitely underwhelmed by them.

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #24,724 of 33,689
2019 and i still think KZ EDR1 is really astonishing.
I like it more and more everyday..
KZ's DD used in the EDR1 is terrific and super well tuned.

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #24,725 of 33,689
I didn't hate the ZS10. I thought it was nice, but had some problems. The best thing about it was KZ sent me a free complimentary EDR1 as a token of their appreciation for buying the ZS10. That thing is great. Legit great. It made me buy the EDR2 and the EDRSE to compare. Neither come close imo. EDR1 is king.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #24,726 of 33,689
Jul 4, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #24,727 of 33,689
2019 and i still think KZ EDR1 is really astonishing.
I like it more and more everyday..
KZ's DD used in the EDR1 is terrific and super well tuned.

I couldn’t agree more. That’s why I did a mmcx mod to 1 of mine a while ago. I also have a few very special mods in the works for the EDR1, but I have been swamped with work lately and have zero free time. I also have some reviews I need to get off my plate 1st, before I can do any fun mods.

Anyways, IMO there’s nothing that you will find for $3-$4 that comes close. The MH755 is awesome as well, but it’s 2-3xs the price.

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #24,728 of 33,689
Any impressions on how they sound? I'm tempted at this price.

I don’t have them, I just found the graph and thought I’d help out by posting it.

For what it’s worth, the graph looks to me like a bass head IEM, and reading through the Aliexpress reviews it looks like a number of people concur.

Jul 4, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #24,729 of 33,689
I don’t have them, I just found the graph and thought I’d help out by posting it.

For what it’s worth, the graph looks to me like a bass head IEM, and reading through the Aliexpress reviews it looks like a number of people concur.

Yeah thought so. For $12.9 they look worth the punt. If they suck, I'll at least get a good looking MMCX cable with mic and IEM spare parts to experiment. Lol

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #24,730 of 33,689
I couldn’t agree more. That’s why I did a mmcx mod to 1 of mine a while ago. I also have a few very special mods in the works for the EDR1, but I have been swamped with work lately and have zero free time. I also have some reviews I need to get off my plate 1st, before I can do any fun mods.

Anyways, IMO there’s nothing that you will find for $3-$4 that comes close. The MH755 is awesome as well, but it’s 2-3xs the price.

I'm still tempted in buying the mh755 but really afraid in being non-impressed.

In any case i would really like having EDR1 sound and timbre in CCA C10/ZSN PRO shell.
That would be handsome.

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #24,731 of 33,689
I'm still tempted in buying the mh755 but really afraid in being non-impressed.

In any case i would really like having EDR1 sound and timbre in CCA C10/ZSN PRO shell.
That would be handsome.
The MH755 have a nice and even tonality, the model below has not.

Here my thoughts on the Moondrop Kanas Pro -- soon also on Head-Fi. I tested the hype and found it was not even remotely warranted. After the recent rigour in our reviews of the Brainwavz Koel, Sennheiser IE 500 PRO, some verboten stuff, and now the Moondrop Kanas Pro, I fear my blog will dry out soon due to the lack of review supplies.

UPDATE 2019-07-06: this post above caused quite an uproar and even insults and false accusations in the following. If my writeup above was not acceptable or particularly provocative, I don't know where the world has come to. And questioning the right to somebody's own conclusions in a review is censorship and totally unacceptable. Result of this post: lots of review reads. Your numerous contributions below created quite some interest, so that this goal was overachieved. Thank you everybody!

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #24,732 of 33,689
The same issue that was annoying me on KPE now it's happening on my Oxygen :/. The ear moisture building up onto the nozzle filter and slowly blocking the sound decreasing the sound pressure level so you perceive a channel imbalance.

Pics of the filter after ~1hour of usage:
it gets kinda wet
n8mhCew.jpg

6Y1yvEm.jpg

On KPE it was wayy worse the channel imbalance and slower to dry the filter out, but now on O2 leaving it 1 minute it's enough to the sweat dry out and back to normal but after weeks I felt the filter needed to be replaced since I was needing to get higher volumes (70/100) compared to my first week (50/100) to get the superb sound. Hopefully, Tanchjim provides a lot of extra filters (I think even KXXS now comes with some extra filters too since it's a constant issue on KPE) but it seems not the best fix for this annoying issue.

I've noticed this happens more often when I use black firmer silicon tips, might those tips elevate the temperature in my ears causing this? I think full metallic IEMs aren't for me, lol.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #24,733 of 33,689
The same issue that was annoying me on KPE now it's happening on my Oxygen :/. The ear moisture building up onto the nozzle filter and slowly blocking the sound decreasing the sound pressure level so you perceive a channel imbalance.
[/spoiler]

On KPE it was wayy worse the channel imbalance and slower to dry the filter out, but now on O2 leaving it 1 minute it's enough to the sweat dry out and back to normal but after weeks I felt the filter needed to be replaced since I was needing to get higher volumes (70/100) compared to my first week (50/100) to get the superb sound. Hopefully, Tanchjim provides a lot of extra filters (I think even KXXS now comes with some extra filters too since it's a constant issue on KPE) but it seems not the best fix for this annoying issue.

I've noticed this happens more often when I use black firmer silicon tips, might those tips elevate the temperature in my ears causing this? I think full metallic IEMs aren't for me, lol.

Bummer that you have so much problems with ear sweat. I have never seen anything on my KP's screens/filters. From what I have read about ears; Most people do not have sweat glands inside their ear canals, except for the first 10 to 20% of the outer edge. And that part is always covered by the ear tips for me. Clearly you are getting sweat and/or wax. I don't think what you are seeing is because of a metal housing; Something is getting on the screen before the metal case. And you get nothing on the screens with other iems? (Besides the KP and Oxygens) Trying to help you diagnose the root cause...
Anyway, Might be worth trying some triple flange, or other deeper insertion tips, to see if you can reduce the buildup?

Jul 4, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #24,734 of 33,689
Bummer that you have so much problems with ear sweat. I have never seen anything on my KP's screens/filters. From what I have read about ears; Most people do not have sweat glands inside their ear canals, except for the first 10 to 20% of the outer edge. And that part is always covered by the ear tips for me. Clearly you are getting sweat and/or wax. I don't think what you are seeing is because of a metal housing; Something is getting on the screen before the metal case. And you get nothing on the screens with other iems? (Besides the KP and Oxygens) Trying to help you diagnose the root cause...
Anyway, Might be worth trying some triple flange, or other deeper insertion tips, to see if you can reduce the buildup?

Yeah, on Moondrop's thread you'll see people that never ever get this issue and others report it quite often. I got some IEMs in the past - Etymotic ER4B, KZs (ATR, ZS3, ZS4, ZST, ZS10 Pro), ATH-IM50/IM-02, JH5, JH13 Pro and none of them I got anything similar to this, only KPE and Oxygen. But Oxygen's case isn't that annoying because it's fast to "fix" it but still kind of annoying. I'm going to test transparent and softer tips just to make sure aren't the black firmer-silicon tips somehow helping this issue. Thanks for tip :)

Jul 5, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #24,735 of 33,689
The MH755 have a nice and even tonality, the model below has not.

Here my thoughts on the Moondrop Kanas Pro -- soon also on Head-Fi. I tested the hype and found it was not even remotely warranted. After the recent rigour in our reviews of the Brainwavz Koel, Sennheiser IE 500 PRO, some verboten stuff, and now the Moondrop Kanas Pro, I fear my blog will dry out soon due to the lack of review supplies.

IMHO, KPE is much more even tonality, natural timbre, balanced sound and excels in every technical sound aspect over MH755.

Whatever works for You though, YMMV :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back