Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 27, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #24,676 of 33,689
Nice writeup! i agree with Everything you are saying. One thing about the bass.
According to my Dayton imm-6 mic with Audiotools,the bass goes all the way down to 20hz (that's as low as it measure)
and that is actually better than both the Ibasso it04 and Moondrop blessing. Those start go downhill at around 40hz.
But i don't know how trustworthy that mic is on the other hand.But the 800 measures at least as good as those

two

Do you have your FR graph of T800? curious since I couldn't find one except that promotional FR.

+1 on the BT20 + KB100

Also BT20 + a certain aluminum-shelled triple driver.

Isn't that refer back to the KB100 :grin: ? (KB100 = triple driver with aluminium shell). So the answer is very clear here

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #24,677 of 33,689
Isn't that refer back to the KB100 :grin: ? (KB100 = triple driver with aluminium shell). So the answer is very clear here

No, not KB100. It does kinda look like the KB100 though (and crossed with the ZS6).

Unfortunately, that’s all I can really say (at least on HeadFi).

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #24,679 of 33,689
No, not KB100. It does kinda look like the KB100 though (and crossed with the ZS6).

Unfortunately, that’s all I can really say (at least on HeadFi).

OK got it :grimacing:

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #24,680 of 33,689
My take on the Shanling ME100. Enjoy & happy listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-06-22_22-19-44.jpg

Jun 29, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #24,682 of 33,689
Finally, my review on the CCA A10! :punch::sunglasses:

P_20190611_175600_1.jpgP_20190611_180032_1.jpg

ABOUT CCA and CCA A10 in-ear earphone:
Currently, CCA A10 is the latest earphone to hit the market by CCA (Clear Concept Audio), a sister company to KZ (Knowledge Zenith) …with full force, fingers-crossed, and ready to go! But, will it be a personal favorite or just another day at the headphone shop?

First off, I want to thank Mr. Wu from CCA for sending the CCA A10 in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost starts as low as $35 to $39 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost.

As many in head-fi may know by now, CCA is becoming "common ground" for competitive in-ear earphones at a fraction of the cost. They have launched several in-ear models like; CCA C04, C10, C16, CA4, and now their newest model A10 with an all BA structure consisting of a BA 22955 for bass, BA 29689 for MID’s, and BA 30095 for High’s.

HTB1686GXrus3KVjSZKbq6xqkFXa3.jpgHTB1monDXBGw3KVjSZFwq6zQ2FXa5.jpg *Courtesy of CCA

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a balanced, but bright and vividly sounding signature throughout the midrange and treble with plenty of details and a surprisingly low natural sounding punchy bass coming from a BA “bass” armature.

PACKAGE:
They carry the usual accessories and packaging since the launch of the C04 and nothing out of the ordinary since then, which includes a pair of in-ear metal (alloy) plastic housing earphones, detachable cable, extra large and small silicone ear tips, and manual and warranty card all in one small square packaged box.

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
I will be honest and admit that at first receiving and listening to the A10 I was a little disappointed on the harsh and sibilant sound that came out of them, but that’s when patience paid-off! It all changed after burning them in for at least 100 hours! -Just clear, vivid, airy, and exceptionally tuned earphones! Though, it’s important to note that my review also consists of the changes of ear tips for better comfort and openness. Current ear tips installed: AUVIO medium silicone ear tips.

P_20190611_180120_1.jpgP_20190611_180337_1.jpg

SOUND:
BASS:
The bass is articulate, punchy, and can demonstrate good quality detailed bass, especially in the sub-bass region where they shine! The A10 relies on the quality and quantity of bass, which keeps the whole signature quite technically balanced!

MIDRANGE:
The midrange has a sense of space, lush, and transparency that leaves you almost breathless, while it’s nicely tuned with the lower treble region giving you exceptional clarity and coherency.

TREBLE:
The treble demonstrates perfection in the lower and upper peaks, while maintaining a good flow of vividness and detail. This type of upper signature is hard to achieve and I think the A10 can really do it well! If you’re not careful, you can be immersed and carried up to cloud nine, literally!

SOUNDSTAGE:
The A10’s soundstage is rare and plays a vital role in the whole signature, which is hard to achieve in many earphones. They demonstrate a better than average soundstage and imaging, due to the fact that they are capable of having some of the best frontal and depth soundstage I’ve heard in a long time. Resolution is also epic and grand for such a forgiving low price point!

P_20190611_181033_1.jpgP_20190611_181046_1.jpg

COMPARISONS:
HIFI BCD -vs- CCA A10
Both the A10 and BCD has nice and detailed soundstage separation and imaging, one coming as a micro driver while the other an all BA setup. But, the A10 has better frontal and depth soundstage, besides having a similarly wide soundstage. I can detect that the A10 has slightly better quality bass, especially in the sub-bass region where they shine, but are both the same in quantity. Midrange is slightly more forward with the BCD giving them incredible accuracy with vocals, though the A10 has a sense of space and transparency in the same mid-region that takes you to cloud nine, IMHO! Both have excellent treble details showing off the best of what a dynamic or a balanced armature can achieve! Finally, the BCD plays with a sense of sounding raw, natural with plenty of details, while the A10 plays with the sense of sounding transparent, airy, and with slightly better technicality.

CCA C16 -vs- CCA A10
So here are two top in-ear earphones offered by CCA…and make no exception, they are both good in quality and value! While the C16 came as no surprise with great sounding midrange to upper midrange carrying 16 BA’s, it has an almost neutral sound signature boasting quick speed and raw details on top with excellent upper to lower bass response. The A10, in the other hand, provides excellent technicality providing the best soundstage possible with the added front and depth soundstage spectrum…It’s really hard to say “you missed a note” with this type of soundstage! Though, both can be said to have different sound signatures, which is perfectly fine with me. So, if you asked me? …Both are winners in my book! From here and now, it’s all about “personal preference”.

PROS:
Excellent technicality, superb bass, great build quality, detachable cables, better than average frontal and depth soundstage.

CONS:
Not for bass heads, needs many hours of play time to achieve its premium signature -100 hours to be exact! Cables are a little thin and lite for its weight (can easily be changed for better ones).

FINAL COMMENTS:
Finally, the CCA A10 are a pleasure to have and can be viewed as a level of premium quality for such an insane low price, IMHO.

Where to purchase them...
1) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33034197841.html

2) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33036770213.html

Hope this review can be of help towards your next purchase...

-Clear :spy:

Attachments

• P_20190611_180120_1.jpg
    P_20190611_180120_1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #24,685 of 33,689
What are good valued Chi-fi iem is regarded as having unusually large sound stage? I'm curious if there's anything in the value price bracket that can have as big of sound stage as something like CA Solaris or Z1R?

Jun 30, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #24,686 of 33,689
Hi all, I'm looking for a specific sound signature and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations. Starting from low to high, I prefer an immensely powerful, deep rumbling sub bass. Something I can feel in my soul basically. Mid bass needs to have impact but not an overly booming sound, but generally prefer a slower decay. For mids, I'd prefer something warm and silky, for both male and female voices. High's I prefer something that is not very bright and sibilant, and something that would be suitable for very long (4-8 hour) listening sessions. I have pretty treble sensitive ears, so that's a big deal. For soundstage, I'd prefer something very wide and immersive, but not so much that it sounds distant. My budget is up to $200, but I would prefer to stay closer to $150. The aesthetics of the IEM's do matter a lot for me, and I prefer the looks of IEM's such as the Ikko OH1/OH10, Whizzer Kylin's, Secret Garden No.3 Ti's, Fiio FH5's. I'll be listening to this via smartphone, so something that doesn't need a lot of power is preferable. I'm also open to purchasing additional foam tips to further improve the bass while (debatably) toning down the high's. I would say this classify's as a warmer/darker sound signature, but the most important aspect is how deep the subbass extends and the quantity and quality of its rumble. Thanks!

Jun 30, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #24,688 of 33,689
Hi all, I'm looking for a specific sound signature and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations. Starting from low to high, I prefer an immensely powerful, deep rumbling sub bass. Something I can feel in my soul basically. Mid bass needs to have impact but not an overly booming sound, but generally prefer a slower decay. For mids, I'd prefer something warm and silky, for both male and female voices. High's I prefer something that is not very bright and sibilant, and something that would be suitable for very long (4-8 hour) listening sessions. I have pretty treble sensitive ears, so that's a big deal. For soundstage, I'd prefer something very wide and immersive, but not so much that it sounds distant. My budget is up to $200, but I would prefer to stay closer to $150. The aesthetics of the IEM's do matter a lot for me, and I prefer the looks of IEM's such as the Ikko OH1/OH10, Whizzer Kylin's, Secret Garden No.3 Ti's, Fiio FH5's. I'll be listening to this via smartphone, so something that doesn't need a lot of power is preferable. I'm also open to purchasing additional foam tips to further improve the bass while (debatably) toning down the high's. I would say this classify's as a warmer/darker sound signature, but the most important aspect is how deep the subbass extends and the quantity and quality of its rumble. Thanks!
Your own suggestion of the Kylin fits your sound description pretty well. I like them a lot. Great soundstage, great bass, good timbre, nice mids and highs. A very pleasing listen. Only question is fit, the can be a bit shallow with the wrong tips.

Jun 30, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #24,689 of 33,689

toneking t88k with good quality copper cable. I know it's a bit out of your budget, but try to get a used one (seen one sold for $190 on ebay last week) and you won't regret.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #24,690 of 33,689

TFZ no 3 normal will fit your bill along with your requirement mostly, but the sub bass isnt that rumble much because of faster decay, mid bass very punchy without too much bleed (a little bleed to upper bass but still clear to mids), far from being dry. They have warm signature, and not bright highs. Soundstage is a bit above average but not large. Cost at $109 retail

The tfz no 3 TI will be better but at 3 times pricier near $300.

Ikko OH1 have good kicks and deep subbass but can be intense around upper mids area. Never listened to OH10 but looks like they're good and improvement over OH1

Kylins are bassy iem, darker than all above, mid bass a bit overpowering other frequencies for me, they have punch and rumbles though, but for me they are too v-shaped and recessed mids

Moondrop Kanas Pro have deep big sub bass rumbles, but can be lack of punchy mid bass, but benefit is very clean mids area, a bit forward upper mids, with smooth highs. Or try the regular Kanas or KXXS. They all have considerably large soundstage.

Tanchjim Oxygen at $260 also good option but pass your budget by $60, but I never heard them myself, cant comment much but seems have good bass, warm tonality and wide soundstage like KP

or if you want to try cheaper, get BQEYZ BQ3 as @HungryPanda recommended or (KB100 if you want forward mids). They're good and smooth but midbass are bigger than subbass (at way below your budget limit)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back