Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 27, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #24,661 of 33,689
i am listening to - Beck - Sea Change (MOFI) (2009) [FLAC] right now, on first listen they are very neutral and smooth, there is some added sparkle somewhere in the treble, if i have to guess around 11-12khz, is not a lot but is there, the imaging is very accurate, a lot of layers in the soundstage, will listen more and report back

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #24,663 of 33,689
i got the ST 10 too today, Christmas is early, tomorrow or on Monday will get the Moondrop Kanas and Kinera Sif, damn you head fi
oh and that ST10 earbud is clean as arctic ice
9940764_l.jpg

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #24,664 of 33,689
Hello I'm trying to help my friend he's looking at getting into chi-fi.

He wants Bluetooth iems, good bass, not too overpowering. Good all around performer that has decent battery life, sweatproof preferred but not essential. Best sound that can be had for around £100 or below. Or if there is a really good buy that you guys recommend below £100 he is also interested in that.

Edit: He doesn't want true wireless headphones

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #24,665 of 33,689

He wants Bluetooth iems, good bass, not too overpowering. Good all around performer that has decent battery life, sweatproof preferred but not essential. Best sound that can be had for around £100 or below. Or if there is a really good buy that you guys recommend below £100 he is also interested in that.

Can't go wrong with TFZ X1. Cheers! :)

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #24,668 of 33,689

Edit: He doesn't want true wireless headphones

BQEYZ KB100 / BQ3 + TRN BT20

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #24,669 of 33,689
ok first impressions of the T800 - The bass is above DF target but lower than Harman target, it goes low for BA set (probably down to 35-40hz), the bass is well textured and fast but is not dry sounding, full sounding bass, it has a little bit more decay after the hit than typical BA in ear (it has vented woofers, probably that is the reason), still the bass is faster than dynamic drivers, the midrange is smooth and neutral, i am still not sure but i think it is probably one or two db up front, very slight, the mids are full and clean sounding at the same time, it is not dry, full bodied mids, it reminds me of the HD650, the treble response has extra energy in the upper treble somewhere (assuming around 11-12khz), that energy is not big but is noticeable, despite that it manages to sound smooth and organic and non fatiguing, that sparkle is adding some sort of sweetness to the treble response, the treble is clean, extended but with a musical tone, the cymbals sound full bodied and articulated, the soundstage is wide but is not the biggest from my collection, however the imaging is very specific, it has very dark background and the sounds just pop out of nowhere from the blackness with specific locations, the isolation is strong, comfort is very good for my ears(better than the HQ10)

UTB8qxFfvXfJXKJkSamHq6zLyVXaY.jpg

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #24,670 of 33,689
Nice writeup! i agree with Everything you are saying. One thing about the bass.
According to my Dayton imm-6 mic with Audiotools,the bass goes all the way down to 20hz (that's as low as it measure)
and that is actually better than both the Ibasso it04 and Moondrop blessing. Those start go downhill at around 40hz.
But i don't know how trustworthy that mic is on the other hand.But the 800 measures at least as good as those
ok first impressions of the T800 - The bass is above DF target but lower than Harman target, it goes low for BA set (probably down to 35-40hz), the bass is well textured and fast but is not dry sounding, full sounding bass, it has a little bit more decay after the hit than typical BA in ear (it has vented woofers, probably that is the reason), still the bass is faster than dynamic drivers, the midrange is smooth and neutral, i am still not sure but i think it is probably one or two db up front, very slight, the mids are full and clean sounding at the same time, it is not dry, full bodied mids, it reminds me of the HD650, the treble response has extra energy in the upper treble somewhere (assuming around 11-12khz), that energy is not big but is noticeable, despite that it manages to sound smooth and organic and non fatiguing, that sparkle is adding some sort of sweetness to the treble response, the treble is clean, extended but with a musical tone, the cymbals sound full bodied and articulated, the soundstage is wide but is not the biggest from my collection, however the imaging is very specific, it has very dark background and the sounds just pop out of nowhere from the blackness with specific locations, the isolation is strong, comfort is very good for my ears(better than the HQ10)

two

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #24,671 of 33,689
Nice writeup! i agree with Everything you are saying. One thing about the bass.
According to my Dayton imm-6 mic with Audiotools,the bass goes all the way down to 20hz (that's as low as it measure)
and that is actually better than both the Ibasso it04 and Moondrop blessing. Those start go downhill at around 40hz.
But i don't know how trustworthy that mic is on the other hand.But the 800 measures at least as good as those

two
i am sure it can go to 20hz but it is probably at minus 3db or something, they dig deep for sure

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #24,672 of 33,689
i got the ST 10 too today, Christmas is early, tomorrow or on Monday will get the Moondrop Kanas and Kinera Sif, damn you head fi
oh and that ST10 earbud is clean as arctic ice
Waiting for review on this.. the shape is intriguing, wonder if they offer a better seal than most "earbuds", more like IEM-in-concha?

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #24,673 of 33,689
Waiting for review on this.. the shape is intriguing, wonder if they offer a better seal than most "earbuds", more like IEM-in-concha?
i wear them cable down, they just sit on the ear, that earbud has very high quality bass, it is very textured and precise, i was very surprised and even wrote to Jim about that
Screenshot (328).png

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #24,674 of 33,689
Hey dude thanks for the reply, he just told me he doesnt want true wireless ones, so ive updated my post, sorry about that
Tie a string between them? :D

More seriously, what sort of 'cable' setup is your fiend looking for if not true-wireless?
- IEMs with a separate BT adapter/cable? If so, what kind of adapter: one that replaces original IEM cable, or one that IEM cable plugs into?
- Wireless IEMs connected by a cable (may or may not have aux-in, may or may not be detachable)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back