Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 17, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #24,287 of 33,689
Personally, I would have saved that money for TFZ No.3 or collected more and get Tin P1.

In a year we’ll be saying that about something else lol

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #24,288 of 33,689
...more likely, one month :wink:

I'm standing well clear for some while. Time to enjoy what one has.

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #24,289 of 33,689
Well, I was talking about current status of chi-fi. I`m also totally pleased with my KPE but since that graph of P1 with vent mod looks so darn nice and I haven`t tried planar IEM yet - I wish to give it a try, especially after HBB very positive impressions and Crins mention about bass area being more like dynamic driver than BA sounding.

Jun 17, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #24,290 of 33,689
Well, I was talking about current status of chi-fi. I`m also totally pleased with my KPE but since that graph of P1 with vent mod looks so darn nice and I haven`t tried planar IEM yet - I wish to give it a try, especially after HBB very positive impressions and Crins mention about bass area being more like dynamic driver than BA sounding.

I didn’t know there was a graph with vent mod. I have only seen a stock graph.

Jun 17, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #24,292 of 33,689
It might not be a mod, per se. Crin posted a second graph of the P1 with the front vent taped over, which I assume is supposed to simulate it being blocked in actual use.

I’d love to check that out, especially if it’s overlaid with the stock graph.

On crinacle.com I found the vent sealed one, but did he do a stock one as well?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #24,293 of 33,689
htMJQ1O.png

:)
I think that you'll like the nine tail, I went through a similar process back at the anniversary sale LOL.

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #24,296 of 33,689
It might not be a mod, per se. Crin posted a second graph of the P1 with the front vent taped over, which I assume is supposed to simulate it being blocked in actual use.
Well, anything that is done manually/physically to IEM which results in sound change could be called modding.
I think I read it from HBB video comments where Crin said that TinHifi didn`t listen his suggestion about vent being closed(differently vented) to raise bass(mainly sub-bass) response with pre-production demo unit. I guess he was not trying to mimic vent blocked by ear but who knows, maybe he had such experience and thus noticed what could be done for improvement.

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #24,297 of 33,689
@NeonHD How did you get that $10 off? Best I can find is $6 off with free shipping so it is close to the same price. Just curious. I like buying older ones that may be discounted but might still have a long enough hype train to warrant lower prices.
The TFZ no3 is still new, so I will wait it out. The P1 definitely has my eye, wounder how it compares to the toneking BL1.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #24,298 of 33,689
@NeonHD
The TFZ no3 is still new, so I will wait it out. The P1 definitely has my eye, wounder how it compares to the toneking BL1.
No.3 is already proven to be "upgrade" or sidegrade at least to KPE by at least 3 reputable reviewer, for less money (109$ vs 178$), I`m pretty sure it is "no regular hype train".
HBB mentioned TK BL1 in his video being one of those chi-fi planars with "spikey" FR that just isn`t up to SQ that proper planar technologically should be.

Jun 17, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #24,299 of 33,689
@NeonHD How did you get that $10 off? Best I can find is $6 off with free shipping so it is close to the same price. Just curious. I like buying older ones that may be discounted but might still have a long enough hype train to warrant lower prices.
You are allow one $10 off $69 or more coupon for each sale. You have to exchange 1000 coins for it though. Its why I log on every day and get my 16 coins.

Jun 17, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #24,300 of 33,689
No.3 is already proven to be "upgrade" or sidegrade at least to KPE by at least 3 reputable reviewer, for less money (109$ vs 178$), I`m pretty sure it is "no regular hype train".
HBB mentioned TK BL1 in his video being one of those chi-fi planars with "spikey" FR that just isn`t up to SQ that proper planar technologically should be.

Thanks for all that info. I already ponied up for the KPE awhile back, so I don't need a sidegrade. Just something different to play with which the TK ninetail should fit the bill. I saw the measurements, I like the ability to tweak it, and all reviews so far seem to give a it a thumbs up. P1 is definitely something I will consider after it runs the course. I would love a good planar IEM that isn't bulky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back