Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #21,631 of 33,689
Nice job.

What did you use to get the shell apart so cleanly? You can’t even tell...

My shells were really tightly together, or perhaps the plastic is just really soft. Because I have marks on mine.

Also, to those considering the MH755 or MH750, for what it’s worth I’ll just say I have seen (what I believe are) WAY more fake MH750 vs MH755.

I even found a seller selling the 750 for $1 each, which is too good to be true. I flat or asked them and they admitted they were not original (which is very rare to admit in Chinese culture).

I think perhaps it’s because the MH750 is more usable to the general population since it has a normal cable. The MH755 is kind of a niche thing because it has the short cable. That doesn’t mean fake MH755 aren’t out there, I just think there’s less of them compared to the MH750.
I sort of wiggled the shells side to side until the glue loosened up and then used one of those "phone reset tools" to open it up from the bass vent hole by just gently prying it open. The shells are soft, though and seem easy to mangle.

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #21,633 of 33,689
Bought them from the same guy and they are way better than I expected them to be. There's no channel imbalance in my pair, at least nothing that's audible to me.

I've tasked my daughter with finding the genuine pair she's lost so I can compare, but I don't care if they are as they sound fantastic either way!

Now to work out what to do about the cable...

Cheers for the link @mbwilson111

Thanks mate, that's good to hear. Maybe it is actually a problem of my unit only. I'll probably get another pair!
And yeah, the cable is pretty awful, I'd gladly replace it with something fancier. I wish I knew how to do it!

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #21,634 of 33,689
I got a pair, listened to them for 5 minutes and concluded that they were worthy of a recable. I just used a VE cable that I chopped the ends off of. Sounds nice.
Nice job indeed

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #21,635 of 33,689
Did the re-cable change the sound at all?
Not really. If anything, slightly tighter sounding bass. Probably the solder I used (Cardas solder). The cable on the MH750 was a pretty nice thick copper strand wire (by low cost iem standards). It's just too short...and white...and J. The cable I used was similar in "quality".
edit: I didn't really hear anything that needed to be improved when I listened to the MH750 out of the baggie. It sounded very complete and impressive already. I might have put a different type of wire on there if I thought it would help something defiecient...but I didn't really hear that.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #21,636 of 33,689
Thanks mate, that's good to hear. Maybe it is actually a problem of my unit only. I'll probably get another pair!
And yeah, the cable is pretty awful, I'd gladly replace it with something fancier. I wish I knew how to do it!
So, so easy to learn. Took me 15 minutes to from taking my stuff out of the drawer to finished product.

Jan 24, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #21,638 of 33,689
I'm curious about trying CCA C10 seeing all the positive feedback here. Are they good for psybient/downtempo trance music? I love deep, punchy bass and cannot tolerate sibilance or piercing highs. Also, anyone tried them with TRN BT20?

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #21,639 of 33,689
Or you get a good dynamic driver such as the JVC FD01 to reproduce all kinds of music accurately and univsersally.
After some time with single DDs I pulled out the KA AS10…and was so appalled by its boomy bass and unnatural timbre that I thought there was something wrong with polarity. So I measured the FR and everything was ok. This shows how brainwashed I was when it comes to cheap multis. Here my argument in pictures.

72d75cde36e78a3ece44c2b6473dee332436cf4b.jpeg

fb43d214f946a02f546683e81b52a9495be19acd.jpeg

ee9c51c7cc944726341cebbd06a0a87fc21438dc.jpeg

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #21,640 of 33,689
I did remove the foam plug that was stuffed down inside the nozzle. It sounds even better now - cleaner and crisper low end, and more clarity across the board.

I also tried swapping the black nylon nozzle screens for stainless ones, but it made the treble too bright and grainy. So the black nylon filters are definitely the way to go on these. I'll have to keep that in mind if I transplant the drivers into different shells.

!
I have done it the same with my Mh750 (with blocked vents), and everything is as Slater wrote.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #21,641 of 33,689
I'm curious about trying CCA C10 seeing all the positive feedback here. Are they good for psybient/downtempo trance music? I love deep, punchy bass and cannot tolerate sibilance or piercing highs. Also, anyone tried them with TRN BT20?
Judging from what you said I think the C10 would be a good choice for you. It has the deep bass you're looking for and very smooth highs.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #21,642 of 33,689
So I've spent a few days with the Sony MH755, and I can definitely say that the hype is justified. The price these sell for is mind blowing.

The short J cable annoying, but I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet. I know some will be converting theirs to MMCX, but something just feels wrong with doing that, as the mmcx jacks cost as much as the whole IEM lol.

I might just shorten the longer side and pair it with my Xiaomi bluetooth adapter. Or maybe just recable it with a nice braided cable. Not sure yet.

I did remove the foam plug that was stuffed down inside the nozzle. It sounds even better now - cleaner and crisper low end, and more clarity across the board.

I also tried swapping the black nylon nozzle screens for stainless ones, but it made the treble too bright and grainy. So the black nylon filters are definitely the way to go on these. I'll have to keep that in mind if I transplant the drivers into different shells.

I like the stock eartips too. They're unique among all my other tips, and really comfy.

Well done Sony!

that silicone tips is worth the price by itself for me

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #21,643 of 33,689
Sony tips are perfect.

After Slater mod, bass is probably also lighter overall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back