Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 18, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #21,406 of 33,689
My MH755 arrived today and I have just finished taping up the longer side of the J cable... not pretty but at least I can use it now. Meanwhile my husband is in the kitchen doing something more serious to his pair...
Yea, just bought the short cabled straight jack SONY MH755, instead of the L-jack or long cabled L-jack. I have a new SONY extension jack laying somewhere around the house, which I'll attach to the short straight jack once they arrive.

...I feel like a kid again with these projects! :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #21,407 of 33,689
Yea, just bought the short cabled straight jack SONY MH755, instead of the L-jack or long cabled L-jack. I have a new SONY extension jack laying somewhere around the house, which I'll attach to the short straight jack once they arrive.

There were choices? Mine is short but is also a J cable so I had to tape one side to make it the same length as the other. Sadly my extension jack is black so it looks stupid with the white cable. Plus the right angle jack into the extender is also annoying. This was a UK seller so it arrived quickly but maybe I should see what others look like.

Jan 18, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #21,408 of 33,689
There were choices? Mine is short but is also a J cable so I had to tape one side to make it the same length as the other. Sadly my extension jack is black so it looks stupid with the white cable. Plus the right angle jack into the extender is also annoying. This was a UK seller so it arrived quickly but maybe I should see what others look like.
There were three choices:

1) Short cable straight jack

2) Short cable L-jack

3) OEM long cable L-jack

Didn't trust number 3...too many fakes!

Jan 18, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #21,409 of 33,689
The MH755 really is a great sounding earphone, I like the sound more than the IT01 (just by a little) and damn they can take some power and still sound ridiculously clean. They have a similar sounding bass profile to the IT01. For kicks I had them powered up on my JDS O2 and went past what a reasonable person should listen to them for a brief moment. I had ordered the bluetooth set before I was aware the lone rangers were legit. I ordered just the earphones from ebay so I can mode them for a detachable cable. I also recently picked up the MH1C, but the MH755 draws me in more. I am battling my urges to buy a KPE and/or a ZS7 right now.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #21,410 of 33,689
Well? So far, the **** are surpassing my wildest imagination on what I can get for a budget priced IEM with a neutral sound signature! If by the weekend the **** continues to outperform the DC1, F01, T2, and even the SENDIY M1221 with no harshness or sibilance? I'm going to go ahead and rate these "TOP on my rating chart" right upthere with the C10's!

Unless anything changes in their sound signature, these would be the best neutral IEM's I've heard by far! :point_left::hushed:
Do you mean that **** is "**** **** 1BA + 1DD + Ceramic Piezoelectric Hybrid 3 Stick Unit In Ear Earphone"? If you can choose only one between **** and C10, which will be it? Thanks.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #21,411 of 33,689
The MH755 really is a great sounding earphone, I like the sound more than the IT01 (just by a little) and damn they can take some power and still sound ridiculously clean. They have a similar sounding bass profile to the IT01. For kicks I had them powered up on my JDS O2 and went past what a reasonable person should listen to them for a brief moment. I had ordered the bluetooth set before I was aware the lone rangers were legit. I ordered just the earphones from ebay so I can mode them for a detachable cable. I also recently picked up the MH1C, but the MH755 draws me in more. I am battling my urges to buy a KPE and/or a ZS7 right now.
Other options you could look into for a cheaper price... :point_right: **** = Neutral - C10 = balanced

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #21,412 of 33,689

2) Short cable L-jack

3) OEM long cable L-jack

I never saw a listing with those choices..only short cable L jack.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #21,413 of 33,689
Do you mean that **** is "**** **** 1BA + 1DD + Ceramic Piezoelectric Hybrid 3 Stick Unit In Ear Earphone"? If you can choose only one between **** and C10, which will be it? Thanks.
Sorry, I actually like both for their distinctive uniqueness! Both sound signatures are different, so I really choose both!

ill-take-both-buckets-please-2-buckets-of-cuteness-hilarious-ted-28828794.png

Too cute to choose just one!

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #21,414 of 33,689

2) Short cable L-jack

3) OEM long cable L-jack

Honestly, I don’t trust any of them. Like you said, too many fakes!

I would get some of these to mod (reshell, recable, etc), if I knew for a fact which Aliexpress or eBay listings were 100% genuine.

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #21,415 of 33,689
Careful with the DT# talk, that is a banned brand I thought. I would recommend stopping before the police come in.
Graph
10201965_thumb.png

Someone had posted about how to check the serial number against the date codes for the MH755. I bought a set from here and I will measure against the ones that came with my bluetooth set. The bluetooth adapter is pretty nice too, I think it sounded better than the xiaomi one I bought.

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #21,418 of 33,689
the price here is so cheap, so i get this 2pcs for $10, and comparing both unit, with different S/N is a sign of genuine set.
and its better than last time "under 10bucks" contender.

MH755>>>nicehck ep10>ez D4
8204561871857331725.jpg

320657174527529546.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #21,419 of 33,689
Careful with the DT# talk, that is a banned brand I thought. I would recommend stopping before the police come in.
Graph
10201965_thumb.png

Someone had posted about how to check the serial number against the date codes for the MH755. I bought a set from here and I will measure against the ones that came with my bluetooth set. The bluetooth adapter is pretty nice too, I think it sounded better than the xiaomi one I bought.

Just remember, serial numbers and cable tags can all be faked too.

These scammers are smart, and keep making the counterfeits more and more accurate. Who remembers the counterfeit Xiaomi Pro HD? Those had everything matching the real deal. A few years ago I bought a Sennheiser Momentum that turned out to be the highest quality counterfeit I’ve ever seen. It actually exceeded the genuine headphone in some ways.

The only difference between the Xiaomi Pro HD and Sennheiser counterfeits and the real thing was the sound. But if you don’t have a genuine one to compare you’d probably never know. Luckily, I knew the Momentum was fake the second I heard it because I knew what a genuine sounded like. But if I didn’t have a known genuine available to compare with, I would have never known because the fake sounded “OK”.

Since I’ve never heard one these Sonys, I wouldn’t know for sure if one I bought was real or not since I don’t have a genuine one to compare with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back