Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 30, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #20,956 of 33,689
Good advice...I can just shave away the current plug. Excellent.

As for the rest I'll figure it out. The chart above shows the poles but not the internal pin layout. So you're saying that a 2.5mm 4-pole plug with 4-pins inside for L+/R+/Mic/Ground can't be used for L+/R+/L-/R- if I just put the wires to the appropriate pole?

A plain plug can be used, without any problems. It's just the adapters, which convert to/from 2.5mm & 3.5mm, that you have to be careful with.

To determine which solder contact is which pole of the plug, it's best to use an Ohmmeter. But typically, since the contacts are coaxial - the plug Tip is the small contact that's furthest from the Tip, and then working in, until you get to the Sleeve, which is the contact closest to the Sleeve (or sometimes it's the one with the wire clamp).

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #20,957 of 33,689
A plain plug can be used, without any problems. It's just the adapters, which convert to/from 2.5mm & 3.5mm, that you have to be careful with.

To determine which solder contact is which pole of the plug, it's best to use an Ohmmeter. But typically, since the contacts are coaxial - the plug Tip is the small contact that's furthest from the Tip, and then working in, until you get to the Sleeve, which is the contact closest to the Sleeve.

Oh yeah you're right about adapters...Not like I won't ever use one or something. Hmm, food for thought. Yeah, multimeter for checking poles I had thought of, over all seems pretty easy the more ya know lol!

Dec 30, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #20,958 of 33,689
Yep. I have A5 as well and they do fit. 2nd pic shows the filters for A6Mini, not for A5. But they look the same.
Thread is the same size. I would also check with A5 because I also want some -dB on lower treble. The best set is from A6 - 9 pairs with additional influence. I hope that Penon wou;d be selling this set separately...

@IryxBRO,

I'm sorry but I can not wait for you review of the new LZ A6.

What have your first impressions been compared to the A5?

Thank you so much for your patience.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #20,963 of 33,689
Another couple of reviews posted today: the TenHz P4 Pro and Brainwavz Koel. Enjoy. :couplekiss:

TehHz P4 Pro faceplates and MMCX connectors.jpg Brainwavz Koel with AR-M20.jpg

Dec 30, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #20,964 of 33,689
Guys, I hope someone can advice in this thread or direct to a different one.

I am looking for a high impedance (80 ohms plus) with a great quality/price ratio. I have just started out in this hobby and up until now own the Dm6 & focal spirit s. I got a pair of tinaudio t2, boss hifi B8 on order but not yet on hand. All of these headphones have a rather low impedance. As I have also ordered a zishan dsd pro which seems to have a strong output, I am now looking for a pair that is not so sensitive with the DAPs strong output.

Can be an overeat or IEMs. Price range between 20 to 100 €.

Sound signature should be similar to my Dm6. Wide sound stage, good instrument separation, clear mids and detailed treble. Not too bass heavy but good & controlled bass. Maybe something along the lines of a sennheiser hd 650?

Thanks a lot in advance

Dec 30, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #20,968 of 33,689
Have you guys heard the Hyby R3/R6 ?
I have the R3 and SQ is not my kind of dish. Feels a bit over processed with digital/brittle treble. Many like it though.
I am happily using it as a transport for Mojo.

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #20,969 of 33,689
I wish EVERYBODY a happy new year! My earphone of the year - out of my limited selection not exceeding a value of $88 - are the $60 Hill Audio S8: it has good mids, a natural timbre, and the earpieces are really thin and sleek and therefore fit extremely well.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #20,970 of 33,689
I wish EVERYBODY a happy new year! My earphone of the year - out of my limited selection not exceeding a value of $88 - are the $60 Hill Audio S8: it has good mids, a natural timbre, and the earpieces are really thin and sleek and therefore fit extremely well.

cgcwuks.jpg

Happy New Year! Thanks. Will have to check these out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back