Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 28, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #20,926 of 33,689
Can anybody compare CCA C10 with BQEYZ BQ3 in terms of overall sound signature and sub bass response? I currently own BQ3 and I'm wondering if C10 would be an upgrade for a (sub-) basshead guy like me :)
BQEYZ BQ3i do not have it....

but if i am a fan of this type of signature where the sub bass is present and the rest of the sound stage is airy and sparkly transparent and holographic with the mids not recessed or too forward...anyone has any recommendations???

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #20,927 of 33,689
on further thoughs on the CCA C10 cable switch >

Default brown cable / stock cable - the sound is more pronounced and articulated... forward soundstage witht he background surround enveloping u .. more mid bass and treble eccentric.. tonality is bright

KZ copper -solver mixed cable - the sound is more towards sparkly and sub bass eccentric and the sound stage is more at the back of your head airy... wider on the bottom half.. tonality is a bit more FM radio like..

Prefer the default cable sound...

Dec 28, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #20,928 of 33,689
BQEYZ BQ3i do not have it....

but if i am a fan of this type of signature where the sub bass is present and the rest of the sound stage is airy and sparkly transparent and holographic with the mids not recessed or too forward...anyone has any recommendations???
NCM NC5v2

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #20,930 of 33,689
I have AS10s but not a fan of sub bass generated by balanced armature.

Atm I prefer my BQ3, double DD does the job :)

Can you compare them. I'm interested by bq3

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #20,931 of 33,689
Can anybody compare CCA C10 with BQEYZ BQ3 in terms of overall sound signature and sub bass response? I currently own BQ3 and I'm wondering if C10 would be an upgrade for a (sub-) basshead guy like me :)

Curious about this as well. I own BQ3 and think it's a fantastic v-shaped hybrid. But I assume the C10 is a more balanced or W-shaped IEM.

Perhaps a TRN V80 vs C10 comparison would be more apt. People call the V80 as a V-shaped IEM as well, but since they have finely emphasized mids too, I prefer to call them W-shaped.

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #20,932 of 33,689
Just wanted to share some pics of LZ HIFI A6 and A6Mini while working on reviews. Both seem to be quite a piece of technology... A6 - features 6!!! drivers (ultra high freq piezo-electic, 10mm dynamic, 2 x midrange armature drivers, 2 x treble armature drivers) + LOUD on|off switch (impedance change) + 9 pairs of different filters. A6Mini - piezo-electric + 10mm dynamic drivers + 3 pairs of filters. Don't even know where to start Anyway, reviews would show up in several days...

_DSC9388.jpg _DSC9473.jpg _DSC9526.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #20,933 of 33,689
Curiosity Question - Do the A6 filters also fit the A5 by chance? it looks like the 2nd picture shows the A5 filters with the A6 so I am guessing they do. Would be nice for those of us with A5 to be able to get the filter set even if we don't grab the A6 right away.

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #20,934 of 33,689
Curiosity Question - Do the A6 filters also fit the A5 by chance? it looks like the 2nd picture shows the A5 filters with the A6 so I am guessing they do. Would be nice for those of us with A5 to be able to get the filter set even if we don't grab the A6 right away.

Yep. I have A5 as well and they do fit. 2nd pic shows the filters for A6Mini, not for A5. But they look the same.
Thread is the same size. I would also check with A5 because I also want some -dB on lower treble. The best set is from A6 - 9 pairs with additional influence. I hope that Penon wou;d be selling this set separately...

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #20,936 of 33,689
TOTALLY off the wall question but does anyone know how to possibly open the Shockwave III? I want to change them to a balanced cable. Non-MMCX version unfortunately.

Also, I've owned these for well over a year and they're still the best I've heard over all compared to even $1,000+ CIEM's I've owned. What is the new ~$250 Budget King these days?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #20,940 of 33,689
TOTALLY off the wall question but does anyone know how to possibly open the Shockwave III? I want to change them to a balanced cable. Non-MMCX version unfortunately.

This can give you some ideas: http://handtokey.blogspot.com/2014/05/sony-mh1-recable-by-luisdent-tutorial.html
But personally, If your goal is to get a balanced version I'd just replace the 3.5mm connector to a balanced one. It requires some soldering skill but it's nothing special and the chances to mess the housing is zero.

Also, I've owned these for well over a year and they're still the best I've heard over all compared to even $1,000+ CIEM's I've owned. What is the new ~$250 Budget King these days?

Tbh, I'd first give a try to get a KZ ZSN, it's hella cheap and you'd be surprised with its SQ and construction. Depending on how you like it people will have a better reference to suggest something better.

but +1 for MoonDrop Kanas Pro, if you like a neutral-ish signature with nice sub-bass. I've been digging mine but sometimes it can be a bit boring (or too natural) if the master/mixing hasn't any aggressiveness. Normal price is $180 but there's a deal now on eBay for $158 [link], I think there was a $15 coupon up so few people reported getting it for $145, not sure if it keeps up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back