Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #19,216 of 33,689
What ones are those?

Pretty sure top one is the default cable with the TIN Audio T2 and the bottom is the KZ Silver Plated cable (which can be found for pretty cheap on a crap ton of websites from Aliexpress and Gearbest to Amazon)

Thank you very much for your answer.
Ok, i dont know that we are not allowed to talk about it here and i will not do it again.
Again my question: i have no experience with diagraphm earphones. what is the difference between them and a hybrid earphone. Often you read something like "nano carbone diaphraghm" earphone.
are they better in terms of to hear the voices clearer than other earphones?
for example the rock zircon has a diaphraghm driver too and i want to know if it is a low-entry budget earphone for the "diaphragm earphones."
Again sorry for my english iam german native speaker.

One thing to look out for in the Chi-Fi realm in general is nonsensical buzzwords pertaining to hi-fi, usually a result of the Chinese/English language barrier (for instance, I've seen an earphone described as having "extreme poison" qualities. Not very reassuring). Very few people who speak English, let alone the pros on Head-Fi, can tell you what on earth "nano-carbone" is. The only thing you can do with new discoveries here is either take the plunge or wait out for some impressions.
Also, for future reference adhere to Slater's link on what companies/products are banned here. It can be found in his sig, but I'll leave the link here as well:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1978#post-14135342

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #19,217 of 33,689
One thing to look out for in the Chi-Fi realm in general is nonsensical buzzwords pertaining to hi-fi, usually a result of the Chinese/English language barrier (for instance, I've seen an earphone described as having "extreme poison" qualities. Not very reassuring). Very few people who speak English, let alone the pros on Head-Fi, can tell you what on earth "nano-carbone" is. The only thing you can do with new discoveries here is either take the plunge or wait out for some impressions.

I assume what they are referring to is carbon nanotubes. It is a coating they apply to driver diaphragms to increase the stiffness of the diaphragm. It is comprised of a lattice of individual carbon tubes (on a microscopic level). Think of the tubes as a drink straw, except really small and made of carbon. The lattice is usually sprayed on.

Picture what plywood or rice paper looks like - it’s individual strands of carbon tubes randomly laid down in a thin layer. It’s a relative to graphene, but there are differences between the 2 materials.

Carbon Nanotubes are no better or worse than other diaphragm designs. JVC is probably the biggest user of carbon nanotube diaphragms - they have many headphones using them.

There’s loads of different diaphragm designs available, using a variety of materials. Some drivers even use multiple layers of different diaphragm materials, sandwiched together in multiple layers.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #19,218 of 33,689
Hmmm, dual diaphragm dynamic in a mmcx shell that looks identical to the TinAudio T2? Interesting, but I’d rather stick with the real deal.

As far as the dynamic vs hybrid, it’s just a different driver design.

A dynamic driver is a “traditional” driver, like used in speakers and headphones.

A hybrid combines 1 or more dynamic drivers in combination with 1 or more BA (balanced armature) drivers (which is a totally different driver design).

One isn’t better than the other - it’s just using different designs. Like how some cars use gasoline engines and others use Diesel engines. They both power the car, just in a different way.

Tuning is the most important thing with any audio gear. Don’t worry too much about the type of drivers, the number of drivers, etc. It’s the end result (sound and tuning) that is most important.

Thank you very much.
I suppose there are many people who are inexperienced like me.
Thus your post is very helpful.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #19,219 of 33,689
I assume what they are referring to is carbon nanotubes. It is a coating they apply to driver diaphragms to increase the stiffness of the diaphragm. It is comprised of a lattice of individual carbon tubes (on a microscopic level). Think of the tubes as a drink straw, except really small and made of carbon. The lattice is usually sprayed on.

Picture what plywood or rice paper looks like - it’s individual strands of carbon tubes randomly laid down in a thin layer. It’s a relative to graphene, but there are differences between the 2 materials.

Carbon Nanotubes are no better or worse than other diaphragm designs. JVC is probably the biggest user of carbon nanotube diaphragms - they have many headphones using them.

There’s loads of different diaphragm designs available, using a variety of materials. Some drivers even use multiple layers of different diaphragm materials, sandwiched together in multiple layers.

Carbon nanotube coating is what I assumed as well, but one can never tell with Chi-fi buzzwords. Especially given past incidents of marketing IEMs as having beryllium drivers or Knowles-sourced balanced armatures when teardowns show otherwise.

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #19,220 of 33,689
Carbon nanotube coating is what I assumed as well, but one can never tell with Chi-fi buzzwords. Especially given past incidents of marketing IEMs as having beryllium drivers or Knowles-sourced balanced armatures when teardowns show otherwise.

Agreed 100%.

That’s why a few posts above I mentioned it’s most important to concentrate on the tuning and sound (ie the end result) than what type, brand, or number of drivers are being used.

When racing cars at a race track, it matters little what brand you have, using what engine, how big the engine is, what parts you used, etc. All that matters is where the “rubber meets the road”. In other words, the end result - how fast the car is, in the real world on a real race track (not on paper). The saying goes “put up or shut up” haha

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #19,221 of 33,689
received-347206452707025.jpg

LZ A6

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #19,224 of 33,689
DM6 is also on Amazon, and Amazon does a good job of keeping out fakes and scams.
Sold by LSR-Direct, which could be BGVP‘s official supplier.

I would say, Amazon definitely has lots of fakes, especially when it comes to sd cards. And they are obvious. Based on that, I wouldn't trust them more than AliEx.

And about the DM6'es 11.11 preorder, I think I'm going for it (I've already paid the deposit). 150 is already too high for someone like me, so if I don't get them at this discounted price, I probably won't be able to get them at all at their full price. And if that means I have to wait longer, I can wait (for perfection). I only hope BGVP doesn't pull the plug on the seller, and thus killing the whole thing, or skimping on the QC under the demand, like it happened with the yersens.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #19,225 of 33,689
JUST A HEADS UP.

PURCHASING OFF AMAZON (LSR/LINSOUL DIRECT) ENTITLES YOU TO WARRANTY CLAIMS AS PER BGVP'S REPRESENTATIVE.

The lowballers in AliExpress is however doubted about WARRANTY claims straight off from BGVP's Representative since they aren't adhering to BGVP's official SRP.

Hope that clears the BGVP price gaps. It's basically about warranty claims.

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #19,227 of 33,689
This one is going to be a good one for 11.11

EzAudio D4

I've got one to review right now and it is impressive at its normal $12 price point. With NiceHCK selling it for $7.99 on 11.11 it is one I wouldn't hesitate to grab 5 or 6 for stocking stuffers.

Reasonably well balanced (mild V). Bass is well controlled without a lot of bleed, lower treble is a bit forward but not harsh or sharp at all and gives it some air without getting aggressive.

They come with a well made semi-hard case (rubber) with carabiner and three sets of tips.

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #19,228 of 33,689
Here's a quick impression on the ARISTE DC1 -vs- Intime SORA

I decided to post these two earphones, since they carry the added feature of a "piezo tweeter" with their units. Clearly, the better overall choice can be determined below...

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

HYBRIDS DD + Piezo (Ceramic) Tweeter(s):

ARTISTE DC1
High Definition Drivers + Piezo (Ceramic) Tweeters
PSR: 9.8
SS: Incredibly balanced, with plenty of details throughout the whole range! Excellent resolution, soundstage, and imaging!
BQ: 9
OP: 8
OV: 10
COMMENTS: Other than noticeable microphonic cables (which a shirt-clip can easily fix), they have excellent stage presence and hi-resolution!

TB2hlGltkomBKNjSZFqXXXtqVXa_!!0-rate_jpg_400x400.jpg

Intime SORA (Japan)
Dynamic Drivers + Piezo Tweeters
PSR: 9.5
SS: Slight U-shape sound signature with good resolution and clarity.
BQ: 10
OP: 7
OV: 10
COMMENTS: Needs spacers on the nozzles to stop the ear tips from sliding back and forth. Pure metal housing can be a -CON because of its weight distribution when placed in the ears.

IMG_20170620_090835.jpg

The weight of the Intime SORA kills some of the fun factor in everyday use, currently the heaviest IEM's in my list.

Hope you liked the post.

To see more of my IEM ratings click the link below...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

-Clear

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #19,229 of 33,689
JUST A HEADS UP.

PURCHASING OFF AMAZON (LSR/LINSOUL DIRECT) ENTITLES YOU TO WARRANTY CLAIMS AS PER BGVP'S REPRESENTATIVE.

The lowballers in AliExpress is however doubted about WARRANTY claims straight off from BGVP's Representative since they aren't adhering to BGVP's official SRP.

So, for dummies, it is better to buy it on Amazon (from warranty point of view) than on Ali, correct? The downside would be you are paying more money.

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #19,230 of 33,689
JUST A HEADS UP.

Where is the info coming from? I am not doubting you, just want to make sure your claims are backed by evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back