Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 26, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #19,186 of 33,689
latest update ,I just talked to BGVP‘s taobao official store :
153usd DM6 preorder in aliexpress is fake.

Massdrop is their partner, but the delivery for the massdrop orders will be very slow.
Glad someone put an end to this seller, pity I doubt everyone who ordered will actually check the forums :frowning2:

I think I will be ordering from Penon as it seems to have good reputation and Massdrop would imply import taxes.

Edit: They are on Amazon UK for 170 pounds https://www.amazon.co.uk/BGVP-DM6-C...?ie=UTF8&qid=1540594737&sr=8-10&keywords=bgvp (third party seller)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #19,187 of 33,689
when phase 2 arrives (november 10-12th), you are entitled to make the main payment. if you don't do it, aliexpress will return you the money (reserve) you paid in phase 1. so you can't cancel it now, but you'll get back the small quantity you paid in the pre-order.

about audio & video store.
i've received a cable and audbos p4, both in perfect condition and on time.
and now, i got dm6 refund; paypal refund, at last, cancelled ali dispute, confirmed item reception, agreed paypal amount to cover paypal fees, and he honored his word. 182.50 USD transferred, -10.16 USD fee (commercial transaction), got 172.34 USD, which is what i paid for dm6, approximately. no problem for me, i'm ok and seller has been communicative.
so the main problem with this order was his distributor couldn't serve the product in time, and the seller wasn't able to ship any package. this is not so unusual nor grave in chinese business. let's hope they can receive the product before 11.11, to full fill the pre-orders.

it's true that is a tricky seller. i mean, he gets orders while having no stock without any advise, lies or use false excuses when can't ship the order, sometimes chooses weird shipping carriers, don't agree on disputes and demands for paypal refund (if you accept this path, remember that paypal will take 4.4% + ~$2 fees; seller will agree in accepting this).. there are many ali sellers which show this behavior or similar, like the banned ones. but they often offer the best (cheapest) deals. there are others, like niceHCK, which often offer very good offers and customer support overall is quite better and nearer to what we are used to.
you choose if you don't mind taking the risk of getting some headache and wasting time, when price difference is noticeable. if there is not much difference, better go for a very reputable shop.
at the end, you learn to deal with this way to make business (so far than our westeros costumes), and the result is satisfactory in most cases.

EDIT:
sellers can't make any business with your money, because they don't get paid till you confirm the reception of the goods.

OOPs, I just saw that this was already mention..

Interesting, Thanks

I did place an order for the dm6..and just received an email from the supplier:

Michaelchan CHAN 18/10/26 21:04

Dear customers,
We have received a note from the supplier that the production period will have to be extended longer. The DM6 earbuds take a lot of time to make since they are all handmade, and there are a lot of orders have been made during 11.11 pre-sale. The shipping date could be delayed to 10-15 days for some orders. I'm sorry for causing the incovenience, if there is any problems, please leave us a message, we will reply asap.

Best regards

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #19,188 of 33,689
I have a take on some things I've been reading alot about recently, on multiple threads. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm genuinely curious to know the truth.
Okay, me theory is maybe some of us are looking at most of these Ali stores in the wrong way. Maybe most of them are just a person sitting in their home and most of their product is actually just drop shipped to the customer. Maybe the stores that have reduced rates don't actually have a "brick and mortar" store and are more like agents on taobao. They charge their small markup and you just get the product shipped right from the factory whenever it's ready. Bigger stores like Penon etc, have actual stock of their items, but you pay full price for the convenience of the faster arrival of your purchase. I've noticed that most times I've bought from a smaller store that have less transactions, that mostly I've done it because they had the cheapest price of what I was looking to buy. I've always got what I ordered, but the shipping took longer or something else. Most people buy from the big stores with lots of transactions, so the small guy has to be more creative at how to get sales. Drop shipping with no actual stock, and the cheapest prices are a way to compete. It's hard to be a start up business in an Amazon world.

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #19,189 of 33,689
I have personally talked with bgvp factory and aliexpress seller is right on this one, the factory is saying that they already have so many orders and they are further taking orders for shipping after 20 days. There is one seller and its not from aliexpress whose order of 400 dm6 is currently in manufacturing.

Oct 27, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #19,190 of 33,689
I have personally talked with bgvp factory and aliexpress seller is right on this one, the factory is saying that they already have so many orders and they are further taking orders for shipping after 20 days. There is one seller and its not from aliexpress whose order of 400 dm6 is currently in manufacturing.
Sorry I read this many times but i can't really understand what is the real meaning behind your sentence.

The seller who is not from aliexpress could be from massdrop?

Oct 27, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #19,191 of 33,689
Sorry I read this many times but i can't really understand what is the real meaning behind your sentence.

Can you share a snapshot of your conversation with BGVP? I got in touch with the seller and this is what he had to say. Lets see what he has to say when confronted with evidence.

Dear customer,

we are authorized BGVP earphone seller, all the BGVP earphones are original. Can you provide us the evidence? we are take actions to against these slanders.”

Oct 27, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #19,192 of 33,689
Hi guys,regarding the DM6 $153 pre-order, I have another update.

1) The customer service who was talking to me yesterday is a junior and is new. So he probably don't know what he is talking about.
2) BGVP confirmed with the seller and the seller do indeed take their stock from BGVP. So it is actually legit seller.
3) HOWEVER, they sell it at that price without getting permission from BGVP, so BGVP will not be giving them any stock until much later. Probably need to wait until 50 days after 11.11 only will they receive the stock from BGVP. It could even be longer depending on how many orders BGVP receive.
4) They sell at that price and disrupted the market's price for DM6 and basically they don't earn anything.
5) Lastly, Hard for me to include the conversation as it was in mandarin. I communicated with the official taobao store in chinese.

Oct 27, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #19,193 of 33,689
Can you share a snapshot of your conversation with BGVP? I got in touch with the seller and this is what he had to say. Lets see what he has to say when confronted with evidence.

Dear customer,

we are authorized BGVP earphone seller, all the BGVP earphones are original. Can you provide us the evidence? we are take actions to against these slanders.”

Oh, I just got in touch with the taobao BGVP customer service and it was another person and he gave me the updates as I mentioned above.

熊猫杜飞:梅梅(2018-10-27 18:38:06):

对了,刚刚公司问了一下,速卖通那个DM6应该是真的

熊猫杜飞:梅梅(2018-10-27 18:41:16):

昨天和你聊天的那个客服是新来的,应该不知道
熊猫杜飞:梅梅(2018-10-27 18:41:28):

不过153会很晚发货,因为价格没有经过公司同意

熊猫杜飞:梅梅(2018-10-27 18:41:38):

可能需要50天左右

熊猫杜飞:梅梅(2018-10-27 18:44:09):

是真货,但是公司不会很快给他们供货,他们自己出售这个价没有任何利润,并且扰乱市场价格了
熊猫杜飞:梅梅(2018-10-27 18:44:16):

所以发货周期非常久

Oct 27, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #19,194 of 33,689
Oh, I just got in touch with the taobao BGVP customer service and it was another person and he gave me the updates as I mentioned above.

Panda Dufei: Mei Mei (2018-10-27 18:38:06):

Yes, just the company asked, AliExpress that DM6 should be true

Panda Dufei: Mei Mei (2018-10-27 18:41:16):

The customer service that I chatted with you yesterday is new, I should not know.
Panda Dufei: Mei Mei (2018-10-27 18:41:28):

However, 153 will be shipped very late because the price has not been approved by the company.

Panda Dufei: Mei Mei (2018-10-27 18:41:38):

May take about 50 days

Panda Dufei: Mei Mei (2018-10-27 18:44:09):

It’s real, but the company won’t supply them quickly. They sell the price without any profit and disrupt the market price.
Panda Dufei: Mei Mei (2018-10-27 18:44:16):

So the delivery cycle is very long

I am actually very impressed that using google translate basically translated the sentence accurately . You don't lose much information from the original chinese sentences. ( I can read,write and speak chinese)

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #19,195 of 33,689
I am actually very impressed that using google translate basically translated the sentence accurately . You don't lose much information from the original chinese sentences. ( I can read,write and speak chinese)

1. So the seller is an authorised retailer and is selling genuine products.

2. BGVP cant keep up with its order book

3. Seller has gone against BGVP’s pricing policy and essentially selling the IEMs at little or no profit.

4. BGVP will honor their orders but seem to be miffed by this particular seller.

5. It could take up to 50 days for the seller to receive his stock.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #19,196 of 33,689
1. So the seller is an authorised retailer and is selling genuine products.

2. BGVP cant keep up with its order book

3. Seller has gone against BGVP’s pricing policy and essentially selling the IEMs at little or no profit.

4. BGVP will honor their orders but seem to be miffed by this particular seller.

5. It could take up to 50 days for the seller to receive his stock.

In short, i don't think the seller on aliexpress taking pre orders is any bad or fraud, its just some issues with BGVP as they didn't expect to dm6 this successful and seller on taobao is giving different justification with issues.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #19,197 of 33,689
So basically they are screwing BGVP's market single-handedly for little benefit. Probably they are aiming to become a good seller in the public's eye (like Penon) and trying to do it through this product.

I think I'll order from Amazon UK, I believe the third party seller is the same as in Amazon US, but I feel covered by Amazon if anything goes wrong. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #19,198 of 33,689

There could be many resellers of a particular brand from different countries. They didn't mention a name but the seller ordered those are not from aliexpress.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #19,199 of 33,689
Actually it looks to me that it's the seller who's dumb enough to price it that way. Considering there are also other sellers, everyone following a pricing limit set by BGVP and yet they decided to not follow so that they can beat others with competitive pricing, normally in such case the manufacturer either strips away the reselling rights or give stern warning.

That is also why the smart ones like the store start with E & the store start with N do in a way to avoid such trouble. Normally asking to place the order then don't pay then they'll change the price. AFAIK all manufacturers have price control. Sometimes they do strict surveillance and monitoring but sometimes they don't. So the point is, there's actually no such thing as fake most likely. Why would the they fake some brand which isn't even having that huge market. Unless if it's those branded ones then probably we should be wary.

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #19,200 of 33,689
Hi guys,regarding the DM6 $153 pre-order, I have another update.

1) The customer service who was talking to me yesterday is a junior and is new. So he probably don't know what he is talking about.
2) BGVP confirmed with the seller and the seller do indeed take their stock from BGVP. So it is actually legit seller.
3) HOWEVER, they sell it at that price without getting permission from BGVP, so BGVP will not be giving them any stock until much later. Probably need to wait until 50 days after 11.11 only will they receive the stock from BGVP. It could even be longer depending on how many orders BGVP receive.
4) They sell at that price and disrupted the market's price for DM6 and basically they don't earn anything.
5) Lastly, Hard for me to include the conversation as it was in mandarin. I communicated with the official taobao store in chinese.
I guess I owe some apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back