Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 21, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #19,021 of 33,689
$220 on Aliexpress.

No thanks.
To put things into perspective: you get fantastic sounding, proven earphones without any quirks and quarks (and therefore without any risk: shipping, warranty, and audio quality) cheaply, when you look out a bit. For example the Etymotic HF5 (same driver as their $300 flagship) sometimes for $75 at massdrop. Or the KEF M200 from visions.ca at $75 CAD (regular $250 CAD). And if you want to splurge, there is the $300 Massdrop Plus Universal. And they ship quickly (well, except perhaps massdrop).

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #19,022 of 33,689
Well I now have the S**fer MT100 planar & BA hybrids in my ears and I do like what I am hearing, great soundstage, crystal clear. I could not get on with the stock tips but put on starlines and boom..... just perfect

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #19,023 of 33,689
About my experience with bgvp DMG's.

20181017_115737.jpg

As a guy used to the sub 50$ chi fi market. I was tired of inumerous earphones as sidegrades. So i decided to Sell some of them. Included the revonext qt2 and trn v80. To jump on a higher price bracket. My aim was a definitive upgrade, not a sidegrade. Quality over quantity. So i ordered the bgvp DMG, recently hyped. They go for aroud 130$.

I have them now for about 4 days. What i can say is that i found what i was looking for. They are clearly a universally better earphones than what i am used to.
This is represented by the fact that, since ever, just as i received new iems i run to test them and AB with others. I just can't do that now, because i can't stop listening to the music.

I just play music on these earphones and enjoy, i am giving a s*** to review or pick flaws on them - wich i don't have the technical experience to pick. I just enjoy these musical, rather warm but increbly clear and non fatiguing earphones. I won't AB them with my tin audios, or re-400s because i don't want and Don't feel the need to do so. These sound fuller, clearer, open enough and without any peaks. Technically better than what i am used to. For example, tin audio can sound thin, sharp, re-400 shouty and closed. Flaws... I don't pick any flaws that compromises the overall signature. Some experienced users with summit fi point to the Bass lacking speed and with emphasis on mid bass. But for me, these are still seem like one the best bass that i have ever heard i

These don't have any flaw that a guy with only experience in sub 50$ chi fi market can pick. Awesome full mids, and awesome highs without any pikes.

Signature wise, they seem like a U shape. Warm and some kind of thick sound, but clear throughout the hole sound. NOT at all dark. Bass, mids, and highs offer an incredible amount of detail. And imaging is spot on. They offer a warm, musical and non fatiguing experience with a soundstage that prioritize the positioning and clarity more than just a immense space caused by a thin presentation. They have a warm tonality. But they are incredibly clear. I am using the silver filters.

The fit is awesome with me and they are very well built.

Maybe i will try to do a proper review with more time, for users like me. Looking for a upgrade to budget audio. I should receive the tehnz p4 pro by the end of this week. This one have the duty to be my reference iems, DMG'S are the fun ones.

I would sell my IEMS again and should pay the full price 140$ - I paied less with a kind discount of DD store, very happy.

Attachments

• IMG-20181021-WA0088.jpeg
    IMG-20181021-WA0088.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #19,024 of 33,689
Just got a reply from Penon that the Toneking BL1 wont be participating in the 11.11 sale

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #19,025 of 33,689
To put things into perspective: you get fantastic sounding, proven earphones without any quirks and quarks (and therefore without any risk: shipping, warranty, and audio quality) cheaply, when you look out a bit. For example the Etymotic HF5 (same driver as their $300 flagship) sometimes for $75 at massdrop. Or the KEF M200 from visions.ca at $75 CAD (regular $250 CAD). And if you want to splurge, there is the $300 Massdrop Plus Universal. And they ship quickly (well, except perhaps massdrop).

Thanks for this post.

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #19,026 of 33,689
Can you please compare it to the iBasso IT01 too?
For the lows, the IT01 is more punchy than the KB100 while the KB100 has a smoother expression. The midrange of KB100 is thicker than the IT01 and vocals are pesented in a more full bodied manner. Treble on the IT01 has better extension while KB100 has more body. Soundstage of IT01 has slightly more width and depth is less closed in. Cheers! :)

its rare to see qdc being discussed here since even their entry-level Neptune is usd$200? Though I wonder, have you ever tested the qdc 8sh Hifi (or any of their 8BAs?), eyeing one being offered used for quite cheap (below $1k)
I have tested the entire QDC lineup. The QDC 8SH has an excellent technical performance and I think you have a good deal there. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #19,027 of 33,689
[

Maybe i will try to do a proper review with more time, for users like me. Looking for a upgrade to budget audio. I should receive the tehnz p4 pro by the end of this week. This one have the duty to be my reference iems, DMG'S are the fun ones.

I would sell my IEMS again and should pay the full price 140$ - I paied less with a kind discount of DD store, very happy.

I said by the end of this week ?
Well, the postman had a surprise for me this morning.

20181022_091842.jpg

I should leave my impressions here or in the discovery thread in some time.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #19,028 of 33,689
I said by the end of this week ?
Well, the postman had a surprise for me this morning.

I should leave my impressions here or in the discovery thread in some time.
"COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT HEADPHONES" - of all the things one could boast about on a prominent spot of a product's package, they chose this. Chinese marketing does it's own thing, as customary :D

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #19,029 of 33,689
"COMPLETELY TRANSPARENT HEADPHONES" - of all the things one could boast about on a prominent spot of a product's package, they chose this. Chinese marketing does it's own thing, as customary :D

I hope they tried to mention the transparency in sound. And if they did. They didn't lied. These earphones sound impecable.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #19,032 of 33,689
I am stuck between Audbos/Tenhz P4 and BGVP DMG. The source is Opus#1. I heard Fidue A83 and Kinera IDUN are good for Opus#1.

What can you tell me about Audbos/Tenhz p4?

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #19,033 of 33,689
Tenhz P4 Pro without a doubt sounds neutral, very transparent, widest soundstage. It sounds like T2 on steroids + having all those which T2 lacks in.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #19,034 of 33,689
Tenhz P4 Pro without a doubt sounds neutral, very transparent, widest soundstage. It sounds like T2 on steroids + having all those which T2 lacks in.

I don't know if you have listened to DMG's, i CAN'T say that the tehnz are better yet and really don't know, but i see your excitement, These impressed me more at FIRST GLANCE than the dmg's.
because... if this is neutral, i never tought a neutral signature could sound easy and musical like this. Really.

These or the DMGs?

Also, how much did you pay for the Dmg and p4 pro?

118 was the stock price for Tehnz, and 110 for DMGs with discount, stock price was 139.

Dude, i have about 5 days with DMG's and just a few hours with Tenhz, i just can't give you a decent view, but i abolutely loved the tehnz at first sight.
The Dmg's seem to have a fatter bass and a softer mids, can't say nothing about the highs. Tehnz have more sparkle and sound more even, the vocals have a little bit more emphasis, mind that the dmgs are very balanced, everyone mention the p4pro being neutral, so i was really impressed in hearing them because i never experienced a neutral heavy and at the same time full bodyed sound like this. They are closer to the dmgs than they are to my tin audio t2s for example They have thick mids full bodyed bass, and highs very "musical", without any pikes. I have never experienced this. I was expecting musicality, bass presence and fatigue free from DMG's. But i found that on p4 pro to.

I can say that the tehnz impressed me more at first glance. The fit is good for me and isolation is very high beacause of the lack of vents being a full BA.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back