Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 9, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #18,751 of 33,689
Gear is a drug
We invent many excuses just to stop our shipping "monkey" ahahhaha

I like to say i’m passionate about audio rather than addicted to gear. Maybe i’m in denial :ksc75smile:

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #18,752 of 33,689
Bring it on! Mine has been shipped.

Hi, just curious... did you get your TFZ Exclusive 3 yet? Mine was supposedly lost by Aliexpress shipping and the seller did not have another to send me. They wanted us to choose something else but we requested a refund. I wonder how long that will take.

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #18,753 of 33,689
Gear is a drug
LOL ... I too have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) once I dive into a hobby. After numerous cameras & lenses, this newly found audio hobby is denting my wallet quiet a bit

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #18,754 of 33,689
LOL ... I too have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) once I dive into a hobby. After numerous cameras & lenses, this newly found audio hobby is denting my wallet quiet a bit

If you’re talking about DSLR, that hobby can get stupid expensive real quick. A buddy of mine drops thousands a month on lenses alone.

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #18,755 of 33,689
If you’re talking about DSLR, that hobby can get stupid expensive real quick. A buddy of mine drops thousands a month on lenses alone.

aaah....my wife is into photography..everytime she questions why i bought another pair of earphones, i just smile and point to her lenses (or her bags).. she would then gives me that "tòuchè" look, and all is well :ksc75smile:

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #18,756 of 33,689
Gear is a drug
Quite frankly, ever since I purchased the Brainwavz B400 upon the recommendation of @B9Scrambler, my appetite for the weekly Aliexpress delivery fix has been greatly decreased. That is because the B400 satisfies most aspects of quality listening. In this situation it appears more interesting to look upscale ["Campfire Andromeda" etc.]...which is, in the long run, somewhat cost prohibitive.

On a personal level, I have joined the 16/8 fasting idea: don't eat for 16 hours and then have two meals within the remaining 8 hours. Repeat daily. Wonder how this can be tailored towards gear appetite.

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #18,757 of 33,689
The transparent DM6 are bsck in stock, but the sale has ended. Have a feeling the transparent ones are most popular and were in stock all along, but they wanted to get rid of the other cours. Maybe.

Oct 9, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #18,758 of 33,689
I like to say i’m passionate about audio rather than addicted to gear. Maybe i’m in denial :ksc75smile:
If you love audio, then you love listening in a decent way. And if u wanna listen in a decent way you would need decent gear. And all starts again :D

Quite similar illness

aaah....my wife is into photography..everytime she questions why i bought another pair of earphones, i just smile and point to her lenses (or her bags).. she would then gives me that "tòuchè" look, and all is well :ksc75smile:
Same thing happens with my gf even if we don't live together :D
She's full of make up cosmetics and accessories, + bags and dresses.

Quite frankly, ever since I purchased the Brainwavz B400 upon the recommendation of @B9Scrambler, my appetite for the weekly Aliexpress delivery fix has been greatly decreased. That is because the B400 satisfies most aspects of quality listening. In this situation it appears more interesting to look upscale ["Campfire Andromeda" etc.]...which is, in the long run, somewhat cost prohibitive.

On a personal level, I have joined the 16/8 fasting idea: don't eat for 16 hours and then have two meals within the remaining 8 hours. Repeat daily. Wonder how this can be tailored towards gear appetite.
Yea at that price point u have to boost your budget on another level to pick something that could be worth it.

Oct 10, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #18,760 of 33,689
got a pair of KZ ZS3 for literally only $10 (still mind blown at how affordable it is). Mainly got it for the IEM shape (reminds me of Inear) and was super comfortable. Felt better than most custom fits I bought and ordered over the years.

Unfortunately it was riddled with channel balance issues, the right piece would always sound softer than the left piece, but nothing a little EQ can't fix. Overall really satisfied for its amazing fit, and build quality (for the money). Sound quality is totally muddy and disappointing but I'd still get another pair if the current one dies out just for the fit.

Oct 10, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #18,761 of 33,689
got a pair of KZ ZS3 for literally only $10 (still mind blown at how affordable it is). Mainly got it for the IEM shape (reminds me of Inear) and was super comfortable. Felt better than most custom fits I bought and ordered over the years.

Unfortunately it was riddled with channel balance issues, the right piece would always sound softer than the left piece, but nothing a little EQ can't fix. Overall really satisfied for its amazing fit, and build quality (for the money). Sound quality is totally muddy and disappointing but I'd still get another pair if the current one dies out just for the fit.
The new ZS4 has same shape and as confortable as ZS3, but the sound is much better with real trebles, deeper more controled bass, better QC etc.
price is 13$

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...oise-Cancelling-Headset-With/32914213047.html

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #18,762 of 33,689
Planar earphone from Toneking. 14mm planar driver, MMCX cable.
O1CN011E2EVmaQIbwXLuY_!!114180293 (1).jpg

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #18,763 of 33,689
Planars are suddenly becoming commonplace now. Soon they will be like the current masses of DD+BA hybrids. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing sub $100 planar IEMs by 2019. Looking forward to it! :D

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #18,764 of 33,689
Interesting!
The one specific "evil" brand claimed to develop their also 14mm planar driver in a 7 years timeframe. I think Toneking is not that old (even considering MusicMaker). Either they were faster or it might be a cooperation with the "evils" and this is the same driver.

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #18,765 of 33,689
Planars are suddenly becoming commonplace now. Soon they will be like the current masses of DD+BA hybrids. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing sub $100 planar IEMs by 2019. Looking forward to it! :D

KZ has got our back :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back